• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emiliano Martínez (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Well the reason I favor Leno is not his salary or that he's from Germany. I haven't forgotten about him being the keeper with the highest number of saves in the league prior to his injury, or that he, along with Auba, are single-handedly responsible for us not ever falling into the relegation zone this season. Recency bias is quite clearly in play for many here.
I haven't forgotten his weakness in the air only because he did good saves while we were receiving so many shots against so yes, he has more saves because that not because he is better. A keeper is not measured only in saves but in errors as well, because those lead to goals. Leno has many dumb mistakes, Emi doesn't.

yorch44

Something people is forgetting is Leno will be coming from injury and ther is chance he will injure again or he won't regain his former form. So selling Emi this summer is would be very stupid. Leno is number 2 until he gains his place against Emi who has proved himself. If Leno does better than Emi then he is number one, if not he can leave. That's how meritocracy works.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Let's not pretend Leno is the Messi of GKs. He isn't a champion and hasn't proved himself anymore than Martinez.

Martinez for me - just seems that he is more commanding in the box and has better distribution.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Arsenals is a funny club. The minute someone shows a bit of form we want to sell them and kill competition.

And then 6 months down the line say Leno isnt playing that well because he doesnt have a good number 2 pushing him.

If the club cannot sell the players we really dont need then that's on them and poor business and they need to come out to fans and be accountable.

That was Artetas selling point. Players need to be accountable to him and the club. Just like Arteta needs to be accountable to us.

If he cannot sell those wanting to sit on their contracts he should come out and say it. Not hard to say this player had an opportunity to leave but decided he wanted to stay at Arsenal without any guarantees of first team football. That basically says the player wants to sit on his ass cause our stupid regime overpay crap players.

And to think were we sign players from I honestly dont know how or why we offer like 3 times players salaries.

If your signing someone from Valencia on 35k a week. Double it to 70k. But putting it at 100k is criminal.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Arsenals is a funny club. The minute someone shows a bit of form we want to sell them and kill competition.

And then 6 months down the line say Leno isnt playing that well because he doesnt have a good number 2 pushing him.

If the club cannot sell the players we really dont need then that's on them and poor business and they need to come out to fans and be accountable.

That was Artetas selling point. Players need to be accountable to him and the club. Just like Arteta needs to be accountable to us.

If he cannot sell those wanting to sit on their contracts he should come out and say it. Not hard to say this player had an opportunity to leave but decided he wanted to stay at Arsenal without any guarantees of first team football. That basically says the player wants to sit on his ass cause our stupid regime overpay crap players.

And to think were we sign players from I honestly dont know how or why we offer like 3 times players salaries.

If your signing someone from Valencia on 35k a week. Double it to 70k. But putting it at 100k is criminal.

Yeah and the minute we can’t sell players for a decent fee it’s the same fans complaining who were the ones saying we shouldn’t sell. If Martinez goes back to sitting on the bench next season how much do you think we will get when he’s sitting there with one year on his contract and decides not to extend because he doesn’t want to be a no.2?

None of our competitors have competition at the goalkeeper position so why should we have two no.1 keepers? The only reason people don’t want to sell Martinez is sentimentality. If Ospina had come in and had a spell like this people would’ve been driving him to whatever club showed interest.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Yeah and the minute we can’t sell players for a decent fee it’s the same fans complaining who were the ones saying we shouldn’t sell. If Martinez goes back to sitting on the bench next season how much do you think we will get when he’s sitting there with one year on his contract and decides not to extend because he doesn’t want to be a no.2?

None of our competitors have competition at the goalkeeper position so why should we have two no.1 keepers? The only reason people don’t want to sell Martinez is sentimentality. If Ospina had come in and had a spell like this people would’ve been driving him to whatever club showed interest.

Most top clubs have a clear number 1 who is a lot better than the number 2. And a lot of clubs have a very solid number 2. United have Romero. They will probably let him go and let Henderson and De Gea fight it out.

If Matt Macey is good then I have no problem selling one of Leno or Martinez. But I wouldnt just throw Martinez away just like that. He has shown he is every bit as good as Leno so far. You keep the better keeper. Not just because of salary or who would want x y or z.

Bloodbather

Established Member

The only reason people don’t want to sell Martinez is sentimentality.

No, the main reason is that people are skeptical of our ability to find another solid backup goalkeeper. Macey is not good enough, so you have to spend - at which point the profitability of selling Martinez becomes questionable.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Or you sell Leno if he keeps insisting being number one because he lost his battle against Emi. I would reward first team with capacity not with who has higher salary and is from Germany.

Leno was our player of the season with Auba before his injury, so you are now saying you'd reward his top 3 keeper in the league performances by selling him just because he's had an injury? Pathetic.

moloso

Leno was our player of the season with Auba before his injury, so you are now saying you'd reward his top 3 keeper in the league performances by selling him just because he's had an injury? Pathetic.

What if you just think Martinez looks a better keeper? Not quite so pathetic I guess...

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

If we can sell one of Bernd or Emi for a good fee to help fund getting a good CB or CM then so be it. Both are good keepers, so happy to keep either of them, but if selling is needed so be it.

Ashybashy86

Most top clubs have a clear number 1 who is a lot better than the number 2. And a lot of clubs have a very solid number 2. United have Romero. They will probably let him go and let Henderson and De Gea fight it out.

If Matt Macey is good then I have no problem selling one of Leno or Martinez. But I wouldnt just throw Martinez away just like that. He has shown he is every bit as good as Leno so far. You keep the better keeper. Not just because of salary or who would want x y or z.
The way DDG has fallen off recently, they'd be better off keeping Romero. They'd get more money for DDG, and Romero is good enough to be a No.1.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Since last January has played 40 games for Reading & Arsenal.
Is 40 games in two season where the majority of it he was on bench and only used as a third and second choice keeper in second rate competitions meant to be impressive? Not to mention until his recent form, he stunk the place up for most of his apps for us.

He's almost 28 and barely has 80apps in his career. This is worse than when people starting hyping up and overrating Ospina over couple of good apps, at least Ospina was an actual professional goalkeeper playing in top leagues instead of a pro benchwarmer.

Reactions: A_G

Ashybashy86

I used to think he wasn't very good. His decision-making and positioning were poor, but have improved with Iñaki Caña. He now looks very assured between the sticks.

yorch44

Is 40 games in two season where the majority of it he was on bench and only used as a third and second choice keeper in second rate competitions meant to be impressive? Not to mention until his recent form, he stunk the place up for most of his apps for us.

He's almost 28 and barely has 80apps in his career. This is worse than when people starting hyping up and overrating Ospina over couple of good apps, at least Ospina was an actual professional goalkeeper playing in top leagues instead of a pro benchwarmer.
Lol at this

GDeep™

League is very weak
Apart from all those games where he single-handedly won us points.
Nobody is saying he hasn’t been good but Martinez looks unbeatable atm and I think it’s worth exploring further.

Leno has conceded his fair share of soft goals.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Leno has a pure fear of leaving his feet and looks awkward every time he does. I'm not sure if experience can fix that phobia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom