• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emiliano Martínez (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Not sure why people are getting all excited about a fairly non-committal couple of paragraphs from a no account mud-raker with no history of contacts at the club.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Not sure why people are getting all excited about a fairly non-committal couple of paragraphs from a no account mud-raker with no history of contacts at the club.

Aston Villa reporter for The Athletic and retweeted by Ornstein. Fair to say it’s solid information.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Not huge on this, is Macey any good @MutableEarth ?

You don't mind selling Bellerin or Ainsley because the squad can take them being sold and replaced internally.

Having to buy a replacement kind of ****s on the money we'd be getting for him.

Also have to wonder who leaked this, the players call, Villa or Arsenal. The former two would be putting pressure on the latter to sell or make him n1.

The latter woild mean we want to sell and want more than what was offered, which makes this a bit more interesting.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Not huge on this, is Macey any good @MutableEarth ?

You don't mind selling Bellerin or Ainsley because the squad can take them being sold and replaced internally.

Having to buy a replacement kind of ****s on the money we'd be getting for him.

Also have to wonder who leaked this, the players call, Villa or Arsenal. The former two would be putting pressure on the latter to sell or make him n1.

The latter woild mean we want to sell and want more than what was offered, which makes this a bit more interesting.
Macey isn't great tbf. Decent shot stopper though and he's also tall I guess. I don't think he'd be a terrible back-up but huge drop off from Martinez IMO.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Neither Macey and Illiev are good backups and we'll defnitley sign backup GK if we allow Martinez to leave.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Aston Villa reporter for The Athletic and retweeted by Ornstein. Fair to say it’s solid information.

Villa may well have made a bid. Arsenal's stance is purely conjecture, because bar a handful of players in touch with Ornstein, no journo's have had the inside track at Arsenal for 18 months now.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Maybe Artera not guaranteed Martinez N.1 spot? I he said that many times in media if he not the n.2 he'll look to leave

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Imagine Leno starting on Saturday now after Martinez has brought us two cups?

Sigh.

Agree it's unfair on Emi, but that's not on Leno, it would be on management.

Hope the fanbase back Bernd if Emi is sold.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Absolute clown of a keeper, lets in shots at his near post

Man, that takes me back...

petr-cech-592651.jpg

:drool:

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Agree it's unfair on Emi, but that's not on Leno, it would be on management.

Hope the fanbase back Bernd if Emi is sold.

The thought disgusts me. I would completely lose my sh!t at the first mistake Leno makes.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
David Raya is a f*cking waste of money.

Absolute clown of a keeper, lets in shots at his near post, palms it into open play and flaps at crosses.

Grim stuff replacing Emi with him.
I want to see more of Arthur Okonkwo next season. He's arguably the most talented keeper of the young goalies - tall, great with his feet, good shot-stopper and good command of his box for a youngster. Problem is he's been out for a year with a mystery illness and has only just come back. If he can get back into the swing quickly, I can see him becoming the back-up. There's also Karl Hein, who just became an Estonia international at 18. Also a really good shot-stopper who's decent on crosses but has the odd error in him.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Martinez is the better goalkeeper not just right now, but for our system in general. He's much better with the ball at his feet than Leno while he also has a better passing range. We struggle less with build-up play from the back with Martinez, which I see as being more important to Arteta. Not to mention Martinez is better at dealing with crosses and set pieces. Both are on par shot stoppers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom