• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emiliano Martínez (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Is Leno capable to play it out as comfortably under pressure as Martinez does? Don't think so. Arteta relies on that against anyone though(see games vs city and pool)
Martinez plays an important role in making us more press resistant.

Martinez hasn’t played it out under pressure. The pressure comes from having 50,000 jeer you as the opponents charge at you (the pressure of making a mistake is also there but not as great). As an example try doing something quickly that requires clear thinking and then try doing it with 20 people screaming at you. There’s a clear difference and we haven’t seen Martinez do it under those circumstances.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Is Leno capable to play it out as comfortably under pressure as Martinez does? Don't think so. Arteta relies on that against anyone though(see games vs city and pool)
Martinez plays an important role in making us more press resistant.
And he doesn't poop himself at every corner or set piece. Instead he impose himself with arrogance and authority.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Hahaha! 20m for Emi would be daylight robbery. Sell! People here in love with him over a short burst of form are don't realize that its just a short burst of form that happens with all players. Through out his entire career here, he has done sweet FA apart from this small period of decent form. He is easily replaced by 5-10m or a loan.

He hasn't done anything because he was always told he was the cup keeper. He knew no matter how well he played, he was out for the next PL game. he's taken his chance with both hands and shown he's a top keeper, better than Leno. Keepers dont have purple patches like outfield players, they have inspired games, not an inspired run of games. We will be crazy to sell!

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
He hasn't done anything because he was always told he was the cup keeper. He knew no matter how well he played, he was out for the next PL game. he's taken his chance with both hands and shown he's a top keeper, better than Leno. Keepers dont have purple patches like outfield players, they have inspired games, not an inspired run of games. We will be crazy to sell!
Exactly, you can see how secure is the goal with him... Like that feeling Liverpool has with the Brazilian guy. With Leno it's always a gamble. He can make a superb save or he can make a leading goal mistake like that against Chelsea.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
£20m for Martinez is as good as it gets, I think we take this offer. Don’t want to pay too much for a backup though, having scouts to find one could’ve been useful right now...

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Exactly, you can see how secure is the goal with him... Like that feeling Liverpool has with the Brazilian guy. With Leno it's always a gamble. He can make a superb save or he can make a leading goal mistake like that against Chelsea.

Crosses, corners, set pieces, are all an issue with Leno. Also he acts like he has to play the ball out from the back every time. Rarely does he go long when sometimes that is the best option. Martinez has played many long balls out with good effect.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

It's almost like people forget the great run of form Alex Manninger for us who then left and had a rather unremarkable career.

I like Martinez I really do. I also understand he performed spectacularly in a set of specific circumstances. Injured keeper and a few games to make himself a hero with nothing to lose. He has done that. How does he now perform with the pressure of number one and everything to lose?

I love his hands. But let's not pretend we are talking about 20m for a keeper 6 months ago could have went for next to nothing. There are similarities between Martinez and Coquelin who at one point was at Charlton running down his contract. He didnt suddenly get better because we brought him back he was as average as he always was but he performed a role. Once his role was performed it was clear once again he wasnt good enough and quickly moved on for a lower amount than what we may have got after his mini revival.

It's not my decision but one of Leno or Martinez needs to leave. Martinez is the one with a bid on the table.

Malky

Established Member
Martinez was at fault for Brighton's winner on June 20, so his good period was from June 25 to August 1. Just over five weeks and people are anointing him. Even then, he still could've cost the team the FA Cup with that handball outside the box. Never seen a change of opinion like this in such a short space of time.
It's absolutely absurd the way people are demanding he's kept and Leno (who without Auba would be our best player 2 seasons running) is to be sold. The only thing we really know about Martinez is that he can play well in an empty stadium.
I also don't get the love he's getting on here - Martinez claims to love the club, yet has said if Arteta doesn't guarentee him the number spot after a couple of good games he's off. I'm sorry but that is a losers attitude, a club this size you stay and fight it out, you need competition for spots, there is no guarentees here. You don't hear a word from Leno about wanting reasurance from Arteta.

Malky

Established Member
It's almost like people forget the great run of form Alex Manninger for us who then left and had a rather unremarkable career.

I like Martinez I really do. I also understand he performed spectacularly in a set of specific circumstances. Injured keeper and a few games to make himself a hero with nothing to lose. He has done that. How does he now perform with the pressure of number one and everything to lose?

I love his hands. But let's not pretend we are talking about 20m for a keeper 6 months ago could have went for next to nothing. There are similarities between Martinez and Coquelin who at one point was at Charlton running down his contract. He didnt suddenly get better because we brought him back he was as average as he always was but he performed a role. Once his role was performed it was clear once again he wasnt good enough and quickly moved on for a lower amount than what we may have got after his mini revival.

It's not my decision but one of Leno or Martinez needs to leave. Martinez is the one with a bid on the table.
Manninger and Coquelin are very good examples of a 'purple patch'
The people on here losing their minds about Martinez potentially being sold are likely the same idiots who were on here chatting **** that we didn't need to " waste money on Kante when we have Coquelin " :lol:

Jae

For the first time in probably my lifetime as an Arsenal fan we have two very very good keepers. Unless Martinez is desperate for a move then just keep them both and let them scrap it out. We can get money from other sales.

There are about 6 or 7 other players in the squad that we should be getting rid of first.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

This has been explained on here how the whole thing is a waste of time, and pointless judging a player based on this.

Read my other post why I posted this on here.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
For the first time in probably my lifetime as an Arsenal fan we have two very very good keepers. Unless Martinez is desperate for a move then just keep them both and let them scrap it out. We can get money from other sales.

There are about 6 or 7 other players in the squad that we should be getting rid of first.

We can’t get money from other sales, that’s the whole point. Why do people keep saying this? :lol:

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I'd much rather prefer Martinez as #1 & get rid of Leno, on the other hand though, if we can manage to get good money for Martinez 30-40 preferably & Leno can fix up a few parts of his game like playing out from the back & catching the set pieces, crosses instead of just punching them away I can handle it the other way around.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
We can’t get money from other sales, that’s the whole point. Why do people keep saying this? :lol:

Of course we can get money from other sales. Its just taking way longer due to the market situation.

I swear everyone loves to moan on here. We are valuing the players we are trying to sell at higher prices. But people moan we aren't selling anyone... but if they were valued less people say they're too cheap and the club is terrible at selling.

I really don't understand some people, this isn't aimed at you, we need immediate cash, but its a constant cycle of BS on here from the usual suspects.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I dont get this at all.

We are a self sustaining club our owner wont inject the cash required to compete. We cannot afford to have 20m reserve keepers.
And yes there are 6 or 7 vote players that should go that's because our squad is massive. But alot of those players are duds that wont fetch as much.

I've watched teams whose owners do inject sell good players, key players and rebuild meanwhile we get our knickers twisted over players who have done nothing, achieved little and never go on to achieve nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom