• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emiliano Martínez (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

I guess being the Argentine No. 1 was too much for him. If he wasn't willing to sign on and battle it out, I guess this is the best result. Just don't spunk half of the fee on a ****ter Ospina please. We've let go of the better keeper. Alas.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
So you want to do the same or...?
I'm saying a team in our position can not afford to keep two top keepers on the books when we need need funds to strengthen other areas of the pitch. Emi leaving is not an Armageddon scenario like AM wants you to believe.

Ibadan

Thread Bump Police
It’s still 10M profit? That’s a lot of money you know?!

Think GDeep started this and now everybody’s acting like an extra 10M wouldn’t go a long way!

And also outgoing transfers are usually amortised. It'll be £20 million in on the books this year and if we spend £10 million on Raya we could pay half of that next year.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Cost them a few goals last season.

Watching him last season, I saw that Almunia vibe. He looked half decent because he had Vvd and Gomez in front of him
Also was big in their early run in when Alisson went down. He did a job and then some. Not saying he's a top keeper by any means but he's a solid #2 and better than Raya, Puffin and any other mentioned options we're looking at.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Sad, but someone had to take a bullet.

Best of luck, lad.

How did he "take a bullet"? :lol: He didn't extend in any way, demanded promises of starting and so forced the club to sell him.

Good luck to him, I understand him, but "took a bullet" ffs. :rofl:

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
How did he "take a bullet"? :lol: He didn't extend in any way, demanded promises of starting and so forced the club to sell him.

I meant it in "someone had to be sold". I wanted him to stay, doesn't take a genius to figure that one out?

I also want AMN to stay, but I can see why he could be sold...

akhil

Good deal for everyone involved. Emi gets a huge pay bump and a PL starting gig and we get a pretty decent fee for someone who's started for us a dozen times in the league.

Good as long as the replacement costs a fraction of what we got for him.

drippin

I meant it in "someone had to be sold". I wanted him to stay, doesn't take a genius to figure that one out?

I also want AMN to stay, but I can see why he could be sold...

I know you meant it.

Doesn't take a genius to realize you don't need to make him paint him a saint who sacrificed himself for the club.

There were rumours that Arsenal tried to extend him and he chose not to. I think they would rather have kept him at least for a year.

drippin

:lol:

Jeez, @drippin the ostrich at it again.

Pusipusi. <3

Martinez taking a bullet is comedy gold, had a great laugh.

lazy-bodyguard-cat-takes-bullet-for-couch

Last edited:

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade

Yeah he should extend knowing he won't play any game because Arteta doesn't want to rotate keeper even for cup games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom