• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emiliano Martinez: The Best Backup Backup Keeper in the League

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobP

Memri Fan
Putting Scez back into the starting lineup sends the wrong message to the rest of the team. His form has been less than stellar and on the occasion that he got injured Martinez has capitalized and put in some fine performances in his place, he has not set a foot wrong.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Against Dortmund he was very solid made some good save, against Westbrom and today i don't think he has been tested too much but he done well for a keeper who never played in this level before.

DasBootist

Nothing negative 2 add 2 the discourse from me. I recall the talk of his potential when Arsenal signed him, but he just didn't play 4 a while.

I'm glad he's in the side on merit and not necessity.

Mastadon

Established Member
Anyone who went through the bad Alumnia-Fabianski days will know its a bloody miracle our 3rd choice keeper is this solid. Would like to see more of Ospina as well its a shame he's been injured or he would get an extended run. I don't think Chesney should get back in straight away either.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
He is doing well, but lets not get ahead of ourselves.

Good kid and decent backup to have, but still some way behind both Ospina and Szczesny.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Even though Stoke aren't as physically fearsome as they have been in recent seasons, if he plays this weekend, we'll get a much better idea of how good he could be. He hasn't really been tested to date but done what he has needed to do. 3 clean sheets on the bounce has coincided with Koz's return to the defence but the lad must have gained some confidence from his performances so far.

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
We haven't really had a chance yet to take a look at his shot-stopping ability, until that happens it's too early to say he should displace Szczesny. Having said that, whenever he has actually been called into action he's looked pretty impressive. He appears to be very composed, has good kicking ability and has looked dominant in the air. I'd written him off after the Reading game two years ago but now I wouldn't mind seeing more of him in the near future.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

The only thing I can rate him on is his kicking , his kicking/passing is excellent .

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

He seems a lot more physically imposing the Woj too. Opposition players have just bounced off him a couple of times. I think he's going to greatly surpass him. I'm putting my neck out here and saying Martinez will be our best keeper in the emirates era so far. (not that the bar has been set too high, but still)

Enfield

Established Member
Chesny has done literally nothing positive of note in months and now we have a keeper who can catch the ball for a change people don’t want chesny to be dropped. Personally I think this guy, at 22, is entitled to his shot at being first choice. He is getting a good run in the team and is showing up well. He hasn’t had a lot of shot stopping to do but is stopping what comes his way along with commanding his area very well and his distribution is excellent.

Don’t see why Chesny has any claim to come back in. Either way I think we should sell Liverfool one of our GKs because we have three of them that are better than their no.1.

Pies

Good solid performance last night- commanded his area, good with his feet, made what saves he had to make. Maybe not under a lot of pressure but he looked very composed and assured back there. Definitely worth continuing to invest in him.

Enfield

Established Member
I won't be boasting about him to others for a while and he is certainly not tested to a very high standard yet but for now he has done everything asked of him.

I'm really impressed with how calm the guy is and how calm our defense seem to be with him playing. That for me is a big positive, if the guys who are around him every day are happy with him then its a good sign as to how he is performing away from the cameras

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Martinez has been playing very well and looks very assured, confident and safe, unlike Szcz. Unfortunately Wenger has a habit of putting players back in as soon as they are fit, regardless of how they were performing prior to injury and regardless of how well their understudy is playing. On that basis, I expect Szcz to be back when fit.

scytheavatar

Established Member
PSA to everyone: MartĂ­nez made it clear he wants to be known as Emiliano MartĂ­nez or Emi, not Damian.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Judge him as a goal keeper--not a 2nd third of whatever choice goalkeeper. He looks a decent keeper.

arsmile

Established Member
he hasn't really had a save to make. But he does look super assured- safe hands, commanding, great distribution. Very calm and sensible. I wouldn't be in any rush to get snez or ospina back in the team.

a_fourteen

Established Member
We currently have three keepers who came through the ranks starting in prem sides - Szczesny, Fabianski and Manonne. By the looks of it Martinez could make the grade as well. That's a pretty impressive turnout for the academy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom