<

Emirates Cup 2019: Arsenal v Lyon | KO: 15:15 BST

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by hydrofluoric acid, Jul 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Axel_Gunner

Axel_Gunner Well-Known Member

was expecting some 2nd game

a bit boring "cup"

Artisan and SingmeasongSong like this.
  2. Gunn3rs4urus

Gunn3rs4urus Member

Ceballos is quality. Passing, movement with the ball and not scared to tackle.

Ashybashy86 likes this.
  3. Hunta

Hunta Shivering Right Now Trusted

Nketiah needs a loan, he’s 20 and he’s been held back too long. People criticising him need to look past the misses, a season playing regularly in a good league will tell us if he’s Arsenal quality.

Nelson looks better on the left, who would have thought it!

4. Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility

Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility Not a Closet Spurs Fan

You lost a pen shootout 4-2 to the Lyon mascot. Know your place

5. Ashybashy86

Ashybashy86 Well-Known Member

You think because you’re a mod it’s okay to be rude? Absolute helmet.

arsenefc likes this.
  6. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

Yeah. A loan with TJJ as 3rd choice is good for me. Only issue is Laca. Is he OK?

Geofranco and Hunta like this.
  7. Mrs Bergkamp

Mrs Bergkamp Established Member

I just don't see what he does that Guendouzi can't do. Like you sat, he was just there. No dictating play. No receiving the ball deep and getting us up the pitch. No assists or chances created for others. Ceballos has more of an obvious impact than he had all game. We need a vice captain to step up.

Ashybashy86 likes this.
  8. arsenefc

arsenefc Obsessed With Guendouzi

no longer easy on the eye, watching us play. Today was specially sad.

dbig likes this.
  9. Wrighty4eva

Wrighty4eva Well-Known Member

:lol: Can't believe the stuff I read on here, he looks like a flop after two games off the bench. And he's nothing like chamakh.

10. Big Poppa

Big Poppa Well-Known Member Trusted

Far too rigid in such a crucial position. A number 6 that cannot pivot with the ball and evade a press stifles not only attacks but puts defences in trouble.

With Xhaka there, we need someone in defence as good at passing as van Dyke who can hit balls out from the back to our wingers, and that to me is dodging the real issue.

Geofranco and Mrs Bergkamp like this.
  11. Mrs Bergkamp

Mrs Bergkamp Established Member

That four on paper in any combo has enough although I think its Torreira plus two in a 433 or in a two with 4231 now Laca is injured.

12. HairSprayGooners

HairSprayGooners Al Jazeera Correspondent

People posting this need to open their eyes. You post that our team isn't good enough, the players aren't good enough, what do you expect that to play like? Obviously its not gonna be easy on the eye.

Our main team with Tierney and Pepe IF we get them over the line and also with Ceballos will actually be easy on the eye. The lot that played today will never ever be easy on the eye apart from Willock/Nelson/Auba/Laca. We had nothing creative on the pitch until Ceballos came on.

Geofranco likes this.
  13. GDeep™

GDeep™ Has Never Seen Our New Signings Play

Emery plays bum football.

Tourbillion likes this.
  14. MikeVinna

MikeVinna Well-Known Member

We have a few too many liabilities in the team.

Mustafi, Xhaka, Mkhitaryan for example simply can not be relied upon to not **** up every game.

15. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

He did receive the ball deep but did quite little with it today. Normally he at least progresses play quite well in comparison to others but Geundouzi also did well in that regard today (held on too long sometimes though) and Willock also did a good job of getting it forward aswell. Hopefully we can replace Xhaka very soon.

I'm keen to see more of Ceballos. If Emery is smart, he doesn't play Ceballos as a 10 and uses him ahead of Xhaka instead.

16. Gunn3rs4urus

Gunn3rs4urus Member

You see Ceballos coming off the bench and you get pure quality. You don’t see that with Martinelli. I’m not convinced at all.

17. BobP

BobP Memri Fan

Turfing the Balkan triangle of death is a must.

18. Hunta

Hunta Shivering Right Now Trusted

Xhaka is about to be named captain. He’s a guaranteed starter in that midfield, make peace with it.

Artisan likes this.
  19. Geofranco

Geofranco Well-Known Member

Don't forget that lovely ball Xhaka played to Nketiah against Real Madrid in the second half. That was legit class.

Xhaka simply isn't agile enough and always panics under pressure. Ceballos should take his place.

I will start a midfield of Ceballos, Willock and Torreira against Newcastle.

If Torreira isn't fit, then I'll give Guendouzi a go. As for Nketiah, I just don't rate his talent.

He has some good moments and a strong mentality, but I don't think he is technically gifted enough or explosive enough to make it here.

Maybe he can be a squad player like Wiltord, but he will have to be clutch for that to work.

Artisan likes this.
  20. DanDare

DanDare Emoji Merchant

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.