• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emmanuel Eboué

geert

According to the latest newsflashes, this defender of ours' (KSK Beveren) is coming to you in January, and the transfer talks are nearly completed as well. If he comes over to you, I'm sure he'll be a good addition to the squad. I also hope some Arsenal lads might find their way back here again :wink:

http://www.kskbeveren.be/ned/sf04ebou.shtml

Gazza Martinez

Established Member
Wenger did say he'd bring in a young defender, and Eboue seems to fit the bill. Haven't seen enough of him to judge, but he's talented, not cup tied, and reasonably cheap.

Personally I'd prefer Kuffour, as he is more experienced, at a good age, cheap, and would still leave space for Senderos to come into the team in a few years. Signing Eboue might signal the end for Senderos.

siddharth

I have not seen this guy play but i would take Sammy Kuffour over him. It's just because of the present circumstances as our defence is looking very suspect without campbell. Kuffour has tons of experience having played in the bundesliga and europe for over 10 years and i believe our top most priority this season is to retain the Premiership title.

Eboue has never played in the Premiership and won't settle straight away so i don't think it would be a nice idea to buy him. Anyone remember Toure's first season at Arsenal ?. I can see eboue struggling like toure during the first 6 months so it won't do us any good. I'd be bloody pissed if wenger brought him.

Wenger just get Sammy Kuffour................ 8)

Mark

Established Member
Good. I like this guy. If we can get him and Kuffour it would be great as we'd have some experience and also a player for the future. Hope we at least get one of them.

AfC_li4nGht

Kuffour is my piority... buying a youngster won't help to solve our problem... by the time he settle,,, We had bid goodbye to the tittle... :angel

AFCG7

Established Member
CB has now overtaken RB as priority..with Campbell's fitness looking dodgy and Cygan's positioning looking even worse we need a CB badly.

jasonlohkh

Perhaps Eboue as understudy of lauren and Kuffor as direct replacement to Toure and Cygan. Then maybe we will have enough cover at the back with Toure can make it as RB.

solthegunner

Kuffour would be a great addition to the squad. Even if hes cup tied then we could still play campbell and toure in the cl. They wouldn't be playing so many games in the prem so wouldn't be as likely to be injured. Kuffour would be a great buy. Anyway hes more on eboue, who I only see as a player for next season which is about half a season too late!

http://www.fansfc.com/frontpage/frontpa ... sid=132602

Arsu86

http://www.kskbeveren.be/ned/lnieuws.shtml

Translated with Babelfish:

KSK Beveren after the winter top no longer Emmanuel Eboué are able have. The verdediger signed last Friday in.the.presence.of vice-president David Dean, coach Wenger and Régis Laguesse a contract for 4.5 year at Arsenal and went Saturday with woman and for the already in search of an apartment. Eboué a part of the preparation experienced at the London top club and made then a lot impression on Arsène Wenger during the summer. Arsenal tried more earlier Hatim Trabelsi fix van Ajax, but when that transfer in the slop affected, it chose resolutely the card of Eboué. So that he can 2005 call himself therefore as from 1 January Gunner. Concerning the transferprijs the club does like always no communications. However, it is the intention that KSK Beveren after the winter top for replacement will look. Further information about this will later be confessed.

patrick42uk

Established Member
he's ours then. if thats an official website, which it looks like, they have confirmed its a done deal. i liked the look of him anyway from the amsterdam tournament. young lad too, so can only improve.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom