Emmanuel Eboue

Discussion in 'Players' started by hesham, Apr 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. qs

qs New Member Elite

Impact injuries are like that though

2. RocktheCasbah

RocktheCasbah New Member Elite

"Justify my love..."

You know and I know that if it was that bad, he would never have played tonight.

3. qs

qs New Member Elite

If it was what bad? If it was nothing he'd have started tonight.

The fact he came on while suffering with an injury while we were at 6s and 7s but Eboue managed to take the game by the scruff of the neck, sort everything out and eventually lead the team to salvaging a point. What a hero!

I'm seriously considering buying and Ivorian jersey with his name on the back.

4. RocktheCasbah

Knock yourself out mate.

At least I'll know who to look out for next time you're a game ;-)

5. Anzac

Anzac Active Member

I didn't see the game - but just to put it into some sort of context - I believe he came on as RB for Sagna when we were chasing the game & they were defending in numbers.

If he was at RB then we need to be mindful of not only how he performed going forward, but also in regard to his covering back & defending. Easy enough to look good going forward from RB when he was playing there 2 seasons ago, but it was his covering back etc that was his downfall.

6. Anzac

Anzac Active Member

Oh I agree & have said as much - he is at best a squad player that provides some measure of defensive cover off the bench.

7. Clrnc

Clrnc Well-Known Member Trusted

He played well because he replaced Sagna and played in the wingback position.

We all loved him when he made his debut season. Rightback is for him

8. qs

qs New Member Elite

I noticed again last night Almunia was finding Eboue just outside the box and throwing to him quickly allowing Eboue to break. I don't know if this is under Wengers instruction or they've talked about it themselves or what but I like it. It gives Eboue a real purpose. He's now getting ball and moving it from back to front with his running. His speed and close control are good so if he can learn to distribute it more effectively at the end of his runs then he could possibly do the job Hleb was doing last season albeit in a more simplified and direct way, Eboue could never keep possession like Hleb, nor is his passing as good but its not a role that requires such finesse anyway IMO.

9. arsmile

arsmile Well-Known Member

eboue came on in one of the many posistions he can play and had a masively positive impact- and it's not as if he was replacing an incompetent fool in that position- he could have been found out defensively but that wasnt why he was on the pitch- the best ball carrying that we saw from any of our team yesterday and he started a number of attacks, not least (i THINK) the goal...underlines why he is such an important asset to the squad

10. Anzac

Anzac Active Member

I think last night is a good indication of what he brings as a player & his future role with the club. Last season Theo was coming on as an impact sub while he was developing his game, with the overall view to becoming a starter. Eboue perhaps has been holding the fort ahead of these developing players stepping up to the mark, and will eventually be used as an impact sub himself - coming on in a defensive role but with the capability of adding some impetus from that role.

11. number_0

number_0 Member

Hes a good squad player to have, but as a starter i think he lacks a bit of consistancy over 90 minutes to make a respectable damage, same thing with theo.

12. RocktheCasbah

But the difference between the two is that Eboue is 25 and if he's going to improve, and I will concede here that it's not inconceivable he will, it won't be by that much. Theo, on the other hand is (as I allude to here now starting to become the player we all hoped he would be.

Nowhere near the finished article maybe, but not a player to worry about. In my view, at least. His potential is massive.

13. TomasCR

TomasCR New Member Trusted

Hope you didnĀ“t want to write this sentence. There is no player that can cause more damage than Theo in our team nowadays.

I will keep my eye on this thread from now. Just because I want to see RTC admitting he was wrong once again. 8))

14. qs

qs New Member Elite

Eboue looks moe dangerous on the left. Cutting in he makes better angles for a right foot shot.

15. lagos

lagos New Member Elite

It's good to see that Eboue and Theo have stepped up their game.

16. famous no 10

famous no 10 New Member Elite

Even without the goal, he's looking much better lately.

17. Shadow Moses

Shadow Moses Well-Known Member

Well played today

18. Lukazan

Lukazan New Member Elite

Great game today. Hope to see more of the same from him. Especially useful on the counter.

19. Macho

Macho Well-Known Member

Got lucky with that offside goal but brilliant game from him today.
    I loved his passing and movement. Since he wll inevitably play most of our matches this season, lets hope we see todays performance a few times this season.

20. Invincible

Invincible New Member

We've got Eboue!
    We've got Eboue!

Lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.