Emmanuel Eboue

Discussion in 'Players' started by hesham, Apr 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AFCG7

AFCG7 New Member Elite

Eboue the pass-master and now goalscoring winger!

2. Clrnc

Clrnc Well-Known Member Trusted

Good game for him, best since CL final

3. kel varnsen

kel varnsen New Member Trusted

he played fairly well in the first half, even though he's still the mediocre player on the ball he has always been. his crossing and shooting is at best poor, but i will give him some deserved credit. his movement off the ball has improved tremendously. last season, when he played on the wings, he stuck to the side line like white on rice. this season, he is far more mobile. this, in turn, lets him receive the ball under less pressure and he can pick out better passes. he doesn't kill every attacking move any more and this is a massive improvement.

if he can keep this up, he might just be a viable squad player for these types of matches. not good enough to be a first choice winger or even to give us a steady supply of goals and assists, but when we play these average sides, at least he doesn't help the other team more than he helps us.

btw, lucky goal. he should have let adebayor taken the shot. should have been disallowed for offside...

4. Jameel46

Jameel46 New Member

lol, we don't even want him to have a goal

5. kel varnsen

it just highlights his lack of vision and awareness. he should have realized he was offside and let adebayor take the shot. adebayor was in a good position and would probably have scored as well...

6. qs

qs New Member Elite

A bit like Gallas on Wednesday. Poor Ade is having his goals robbed every game. :lol:

Anyway I kind of like Eboues lack of intelligence at times, he just gets it and runs but where as last season he then lost it everytime he's now a bit more composed and is managing more passes. Hopefully todays goal will give him more confidence in and around the box.

7. nazo

nazo New Member Elite

(first half) He cut in alot but could've passed to players at some times but he was really good and hopefully he continues to improve.

8. RocktheCasbah

RocktheCasbah New Member Elite

Best performance from him in a long time. First half at least. As kel says, he was a bit lucky to get away with the offside for the goal but he took it like Pires.

9. JazzG

JazzG New Member Elite

RTC comparing him to Pires now, has hell frozen over? ;)

10. phenn

phenn New Member

Better performance from him, but I think he needs the entire team to play well for him to be effective. Got into some GREAT areas though. God knows he's a good athlete.

Happy he finally got a goal even if it was offside.

By the way, it's obvious that all the players at our club love the guy to death, for whatever reason.

11. RocktheCasbah

Come on now, I can't have been the only one who thought of Super Rob when he buried that.... can I?

It was a good performance from him, he needs a few more to win me over though.

12. awooga83

awooga83 New Member Trusted

Well RtC I was in shock for some time that he buried the chance I needed further proof that my eues had seen Eboue put the ball in the netted thing behind the goaline. But he did well in the first half and that kind of Eboue would be a useful sqaud player.

13. celestis

celestis Arsenal-Mania Veteran Moderator

Scary thing is he could have scored a couple of goals worke some nice positions.

14. kamikaze80

kamikaze80 New Member Elite

it was very pires-like, both in the accuracy of the finish and the position that he got himself into. of course, bobby wouldve been onside :wink:

15. Anzac

Anzac Active Member

Again a measure of improvement from him today, but I'm not ready to say he's starting quality be a long stretch as yet.

Some good runs into good positions but he needs to release the ball earlier - he's no Hleb who can do it in the tight & there is no point in running up to the defender & into traffic unless you can beat them on the ball.

16. Clrnc

Clrnc Well-Known Member Trusted

i kept thinking it was lucky, he didn't meant to strike it into the near post.

if it was bobby, it would be a cool finish.

maybe i am just biased

17. kel varnsen

looked like the goal gave him a confidence boost. he actually should have passed the ball a few times, instead of taking the shot himself. in particular, one instance in the first half when he should have released the ball to denilson who was pretty much clear on goal...

18. number_0

number_0 Member

another aspect of eboue\s game remind of Pires :p

19. Nela

Nela New Member

2 assists and 1 goal for Eboue in the PL so far this season.

I think that's better than he managed all of last season.

20. RocktheCasbah

True, but it was good to see him play with confidence.

Speaking of diving, which we weren't, did anyone see Cashley Ole's attempt to make a swan lake out of a brush with Hargreaves earlier today?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.