• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emre Belözoğlu

Soler

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.tribalfootball.com/february/italnews220205.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.tribalfootball.com/february/ ... 20205.html</a>

Yes, I know it's tribalfootball, but still, what do we think of Emre as a replacement for Edu?

Gazza Martinez

Established Member
He's a good player, but he isn't as defensively capable as Edu, and he's not really what Wenger looks for in a centre mid.

Gooner4Life

Iirc Wenger has always had an interest in Emre.

Maybe not as a defensive midfielder but he has been linked with him in the past.

I wouldn't mind signing him.

Jinn

Established Member
I wouldn't mind him either. Would be an improvement on Edu IMO but probably inconsistent. Might not adjust well to the physical side of English football either.

Mark

Established Member
Would love him as an Edu replacement. Wenger's been interested before so who knows?

_scorpion_

Established Member
Would rather Juninhio from Lyon be the Edu replacement.....he has it all....technique, CL experience, awesome free kick and can defend as well as attack.

Gunner4Eva

Established Member
He definately seems a capable player. I remember seeing him play against Australia when Turkey came down and he played very well indeed.

Would I like to see him at Arsenal? Yeah, I dont see why not. It's important i guess to have two experienced midfielders alongside Vieira, and Flamini and Cesc wont be ready for a couple of years yet, despite their talent.

Asterix

Established Member
I saw him in the flesh against Australia in Sydney and he is a very good littel plaeyr. He's abit of a whiny little diving type though, and he'd certainly get lumps kicked out of him, but he's holding his own in Serie A, and has the class to handle himself.

Actually, ni the game v Australia in Sydney he went down under an Emerton tackle and Emmo simply stood over him, legs either side of Emre's body. Emre started thrashing around and Emmo simply stood over him laughing. 8) Mind you, the Turks gave us a lesson that night and Emre instigated most of their better moves. he's a very good playmaker and could fill in the missing Bergkamp moves when Dennis finally hangs up his boots.

Soler

Established Member
Asterix said:
He's abit of a whiny little diving type though, and he'd certainly get lumps kicked out of him

Perfect for the Arsenal. :wink: :(

MightyArsenal

Forget it. He is good, but our team are becoming a bunch of dwarfs who cant stand on their feet, head the ball or compete with stronger opposition, we need some taller and stronger players from now on. Essien fits the bill well!

A

Anonymous

wow essien is amazing. Saw him play for the first time a few weeks ago. He is amachine. SOlied as a brick wall and doesnt look to bad goin forward! how much will he cost?? unless they are asking a ridiculous price for him i say he is who we attempt to sign

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Emre's pure class. He would be perfect in tight games at home. He has awesome vision, excellent dribbling and a lot of heart.

kel varnsen

Established Member
emre is crazy good. he destroyed our midfield at highbury... if edu leaves, emre would be a good replacement.

Arsenal Quotes

People say why I did lie on the floor after the goal, they think I was tired. But I think I was a lot cleverer than people thought.

Charlie George reveals it was all a time-wasting plan after the double winning goal
Top Bottom