• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

England v Spain U17 World Cup Final

Lookin' for a new Baby

New name pending...
England five two up with 2 mins to go. World Champions in two categories. Only Brazil have done that before.

(If there's another thread to put it on move it mods)

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Great stuff from England U20 and U17 champs. That's tell you England got talent but it need to develop.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Nelson Sancho and this Liverpool kid need to keep improving they got such huge future.

Rosso

AM's Resident United Fan
Does Foden remind any of you guys of Wilshere? Looks a better athlete then Jack too, hopefully he stays fit.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Great stuff from England U20 and U17 champs. That's tell you England got talent but it need to develop.

I think the problem for England is that once they reach the senior team, the expectations are so big, that mentally it breaks them down.

We get all that talk about England expects, Alf Ramsey, 1966, never winning penalty shootouts etc etc

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
I think the problem for England is that once they reach the senior team, the expectations are so big, that mentally it breaks them down.

We get all that talk about England expects, Alf Ramsey, 1966, never winning penalty shootouts etc etc
The media need to stop giving them hard time there is teams are better than England in world cups and in euros then they should realistic with thier expectations.

The problem England face is that the major clubs of youth in the country are runned by disgusting human beings that will give them zero chances at top level. These players will be loaned to disgusting and terrible divisions here and there and that is the only level they will learn to play.

Its interesting that it seems that few of those youth players already know this. Some have left Chelsea like Nketiah and that Liverpool kid. And you can see at twitter from some Chelsea player that he is not happy with not getting chances.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

The problem England face is that the major clubs of youth in the country are runned by disgusting human beings that will give them zero chances at top level. These players will be loaned to disgusting and terrible divisions here and there and that is the only level they will learn to play.

Its interesting that it seems that few of those youth players already know this. Some have left Chelsea like Nketiah and that Liverpool kid. And you can see at twitter from some Chelsea player that he is not happy with not getting chances.

Chelsea is the equivalent of a puppy mill.

BobP

Memri Fan
Chelsea is the equivalent of a puppy mill.

Those bastards have a strong hold over the talent which comes out of South London.

Nevertheless, when it comes to youth teams, I've always been a firm believer in developing the player rather than developing a team. It's often difficult to infer that success at youth level, will translate to success at the senior level. Sometimes talented players carry and cover for less competent players, or sometimes the actual team is good without possessing any exceptional talent.

And then there's the issue of opportunities, how many of these players will get a chance at Premier League level? It requires a ridiculous set of circumstances for the player to breakthrough, and then they have to work hard to cement themselves within the first team framework. Sometimes players just don't get that opportunity and are thrown by the wayside.

The current German generation was quite lucky in that regard, the likes of Neuer, Özil, Hummels, Boateng, Howedes, Khedira, and Kroos all made their debuts between the ages of 17-20, and most cemented a spot in the starting lineups of established Bundesliga clubs. Of course talent plays a part, but Bundesliga clubs were orienting themselves towards playing youth anyway. Will young English talent get a chance like that? Nobody knows.

Last edited:

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Those bastards have a strong hold over the talent which comes out of South London.

Nevertheless, when it comes to youth teams, I've always been a firm believer in developing the player rather than developing a team. It's often difficult to infer that success at youth level, will translate to success at the senior level. Sometimes talented players carry and cover for less competent players, or sometimes the actual team is good without possessing any exceptional talent.

And then there's the issue of opportunities, how many of these players will get a chance at Premier League level? It requires a ridiculous set of circumstances for the player to breakthrough, and then they have to work hard to cement themselves within the first team framework. Sometimes players just don't get that opportunity and are thrown by the wayside.

The current German generation was quite lucky in that regard, the likes of Neuer, Özil, Hummels, Boateng, Howedes, Khedira, and Kroos all made their debuts between the ages of 17-20, and most cemented a spot in the starting lineups of established Bundesliga clubs. Of course talent plays a part, but Bundesliga clubs were orienting themselves towards playing youth anyway. Will young English talent get a chance like that? Nobody knows.

Honestly they would all get chances , just not in the top 4 . Problem is that Chelsea has hoarded so many it's stifled their development . Also to me there is a difference in the academies . I can always tell our kids for the past 4-5 years , there is a certain identity in how they receive , let the ball run across them and they have an understanding of space . With CFC kids you don't really see that , you just see raw talent .

Have to say that Potch and Sp**s is pushing the kids through as well now .

BobP

Memri Fan
Honestly they would all get chances , just not in the top 4 . Problem is that Chelsea has hoarded so many it's stifled their development . Also to me there is a difference in the academies . I can always tell our kids for the past 4-5 years , there is a certain identity in how they receive , let the ball run across them and they have an understanding of space . With CFC kids you don't really see that , you just see raw talent .

Have to say that Potch and Sp**s is pushing the kids through as well now .

I agree. It's taken most of his reign but Wenger has finally brought through players who embody his footballing philosophy. As you say, there's a similar playing characteristic.

Poch does well with that, did quite well at Southampton as well.

Players will have a chance at the like of Sp**s and Arsenal, or even Liverpool, but Chelsea, City, and United under Mourinho? I just don't see it happening.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I agree. It's taken most of his reign but Wenger has finally brought through players who embody his footballing philosophy. As you say, there's a similar playing characteristic.

Poch does well with that, did quite well at Southampton as well.

Players will have a chance at the like of Sp**s and Arsenal, or even Liverpool, but Chelsea, City, and United under Mourinho? I just don't see it happening.

Agree , Chelsea just view it as a cash generating business , City aka Gulf states seem to have gone from horses to football and more interested in competing with each other. United under Mourinho no , only interested in his record.

kojak

Agree , Chelsea just view it as a cash generating business , City aka Gulf states seem to have gone from horses to football and more interested in competing with each other. United under Mourinho no , only interested in his record.
I hear this quite a lot that Chelsea view their academy solely as a revenue stream. If this is the case why didn't Chelsea accept the £22m offer from BMG for Christensen, that would have been a hefty profit on any investment they had made in him. Why did they not want Ake to leave, they would rather have refused the £20m & kept him, similar thing with Chalobah & Solanke. Many clubs have been trying for ages now to persuade Chelsea to sell Charly Musonda but Chelsea simply refuse all interest, how does this fit with your idea of their academy players only being any good to raise money? The truth is it doesn't & the only reason for their academy, like any clubs, is to hopefully produce youngsters good enough for a career with the club.

Latest posts

Top Bottom