• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

English Football 2007-2008

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

New thread! Newcastle are panning Bolton already...

Obafemi Martins got 2.

DC Gunner

Established Member
Jasard said:
New thread! Newcastle are panning Bolton already...

Obafemi Martins got 2.
wow :shock:

City is easing the pressure off the Hammers a little, giving the hammers more room to reorganize

belgianfan

I must admit this city team doos look pretty decent.

They could be very good this season.

2 great wingers.

Oh I wish I had martins in my fantasy team, damn :)

patrick42uk

Established Member
petrov, i'v always rated highly. looked good in spain for athletico, real powerful runner down the wings with a good delivery. i think he'll do well in this league and mighty relieved Sp**s didnt get him because he would have improved them.

qs

Established Member
Watching the Newcastle game and Bolton are a shambles. N'ogbia is doing well, I still think he'd be a good option on the left for us.

DREVAK

Established Member
Newcastle is great. True, two of their goals were, mhm, lucky perhaps, but still, leading 3 – 0 in the 27th minute is very, very good. Bolton are perhaps on the bad side, but I wouldn't say they are extremely terrible or anything. Yes, they haven't posed much of a threat going forward, but I wouldn't blame their defense for conceding much. In my opinion it's a question of Newcastle being good rather than their opposition being bad. All in all a deserved lead for NUFC and, hopefully, a sign of things to come.

Mostarac

Established Member
Good old Keane did the job, brilliant win against the useless Tottenham. Manchester City could quickly become the surprise of the season, playing some good football upfront.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
patrick42uk said:
petrov, i'v always rated highly. looked good in spain for athletico, real powerful runner down the wings with a good delivery. i think he'll do well in this league and mighty relieved Sp**s didnt get him because he would have improved them.
and he certainly has no qualms about taking a shot.... already taken about 4 or 5 today in the first half...

qs

Established Member
People shouldn't be surprised if City do well, Sven is a quality manager.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
yeah, but Citeh have been a poor team for a couple years now.. if they had the same players they had last season, the could have any manager in the world and it wouldnt have helped him...

i think Sven has brought in a few decent players.. they played well in the first half

patrick42uk

Established Member
of course sven is a quality manager. his style works; accumulate talented players, gain their respect and their trust by using a very soft-handed approach and watch them perform.

of course, because he didnt win the world cup with england's' 'super talented' bunch he must be crap.

ohboy!!!

City are doing well. Shame though, I've got Ashto and Bellamy in my dream team.......

What do you lads think about Newcastle challenging for a CL spot?

There defence is still shaky, but they certainly have the quality upfront, and in midfield.

It will be a season of surprises.....

JazzG

Established Member
Good ol Keano, putting Sp**s in their place...

As for Sven I agree patrick, he didn't actually do that bad with England but the English people seem to actually think they are the best team in the world so almost expect to win trophies despite only winning one in their whole bloody history! Sven's record at club level is very impressive and I expect him to do well at Man City. He has made some shrewd purchases and I'd expect them in the top 8 at least.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom