• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

English Football 2007-2008

stuart

Established Member
Hughes-Not fancy enough nor big enough for Chelsea.
Lippi- Hard to tell but my gut instinct says no. Again, he's not really got that arrogant swagger that Chelsea will probably looking for
Hiddink-Said no, did he not?
Sven-Going to Mexico, is he not? Will stay at City if he gets the chance
Mancini-Certainly someone i could see there. Similar to Mourinho but is he not now hoping to stay with Inter?
Riijkard-Looking for a job, proven he can bring success WITH MONEY not sure that he's a great manager though

At the minute, im thinking its gonna be Riijkard. As i said im not sure he's a brilliant manager, but when given money at Barca he delivered trophies. With the money provided at Chelsea you dont necessarily have to be Alex Ferguson or Arsène Wenger. He's a much more glamorous option than Grant, which imo was a big factor in his downfall.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
I also think it will be Frank Rijkard. Henk Ten Cate is a person he is very familiar with and was a brimming success in barca in the past. Frank Arnesen is his good friend. Furthermore, Roman likes his beautiful style of football.

Kain

Established Member
I heard HTK and Rijkaard didnt really get along or see eye to eye, think it was on the football la liga show on Sky sports.

It would be amusing to see Sven get a big contract at Chelsea afterall he must be skint from the money he got from England manager and now City :D

Personaly i'd hate it if the pulled Lippi out the hat, if ever the unearned arogance of Chelsea was to double it would be having the guy whos been there and done it on almost every level.

-Shaun-

I can only see it being Rijkaard, or possible Mancini. As mentioned before, Hughes is a great manager but not big enough for Chelsea, knowing what Abramovich is like. Hiddink will stay with Russia, his agent has said that so definitley not him. Sven? Think he's off to Mexico, but don't forget there is an outside chance he'll stay with City. Mancini is also a so-called target, but of course still at Inter, and done a pretty decent job this season. That leaves Frank, heard on SSN that he wanted a summer break, but apparently his agent (or himself) said that if the right club came along then he would go there. In my opinion he is a very good manager, I can't quite put my finger on why Barca haven't been performing recently, which has obviously ended up in him losing his job.

Also I don't think JT is attention seeking, it just seems he is honestly mortified after missing that penalty.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
arsenal_hleb said:
I also think it will be Frank Rijkard. Henk Ten Cate is a person he is very familiar with and was a brimming success in barca in the past. Frank Arnesen is his good friend. Furthermore, Roman likes his beautiful style of football.
good point on the familar relationship between FR and HTC. The bit of Rijkaard knowing Arenesen well is new to me though.

Kain said:
Personaly i'd hate it if the pulled Lippi out the hat, if ever the unearned arogance of Chelsea was to double it would be having the guy whos been there and done it on almost every level.
Imagine a manager who has won more trophies than Chelsea has won in the last 50 years. :lol:

stiiphunn

Established Member
LOOOOOOOOOLL @ Rafa. That guy's ridiculous.

wtf is wrong with him seriously? can't remember how much he spent for this season, but with Babel, Torres and Mascherano I'm sure we're already reaching £45 millions. why is he still complaining about money???
if he wants more money to buy quality players, he should stop spending it on average players.

Lancelot

Established Member
I think he is pretty distressed by how tough this league is, especially now that we are beginning to move away towards the top two and realistically challenge both of them for the EPL title. Their domestic progress is next to zero and I highly doubt that will change because Benitez is just not good enough to cut it in England.

When you feel scared and insecure, you start jabbering weak excuses in front of the press to protect yourself. The class of Wenger is beginning to shine more and more, come to think of it; I don't recall Wenger being this submissive about our chance to win something — maybe, a bit of complaint out of jealousy concerning the top two's financial power, but he never lacks the belief that no matter what others do, we can win it our way.

Liverpool are going to struggle for the 4th spot next season with such a weak manager like the Spaniard.

GaelForce22

Established Member
£17million Mascherano
£11.5million Babel
£26million Torres

And that is just this season!

As Lancelot said, they are really going to struggle next season. If they can't manage to keep improving while teams like Everton, Villa and Sp**s(maybe, probably not though) get better each yeah, I can see them dropping out of the top 4.

thegame24

Established Member
lol big money on youngsters

torres 21 million
babel 15 m
masch 18 mill

*****, only way he can win anything is by getting a ldodgy decision

GaelForce22

Established Member
£17million Mascherano
£11.5million Babel
£26million Torres

And that is just this season!

As Lancelot said, they are really going to struggle next season. If they can't manage to keep improving while teams like Everton, Villa and Sp**s(maybe, probably not though) get better each yeah, I can see them dropping out of the top 4.

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
Liverpool and their players really want a big boost leading into next season so who does rafa bring in

A right back on a free and an Italian left back, yeh nice!!

Liverpool will never win the prem with him and as much as they bang on about their CL success, they know this is a fact and it eats them up inside

tristan

tactica442 said:
Hiddink - if Ambrovich can find a solution to get the Dutch and keep the FA of his Russian motherland happy. It's possible, even Hiddink is a stuborn man. Personality-wise, I don't think Hiddink and Ambrovich will be a good match.

Who do you think got Hiddink the Russian job in the first place?

Biggus

Established Member
tristan said:
tactica442 said:
Hiddink - if Ambrovich can find a solution to get the Dutch and keep the FA of his Russian motherland happy. It's possible, even Hiddink is a stuborn man. Personality-wise, I don't think Hiddink and Ambrovich will be a good match.

Who do you think got Hiddink the Russian job in the first place?

The impoverished unpaid workers in the ex-USSR kindly agreeing to sell/give their shares in the gas and oil companies to Abramovich to make him a Billionaire so he could do what he considers best for mother Russia.

Biggus

Established Member
tristan said:
At least we know it was him who got Hiddink the job then ;)

:lol: I'll say this for him.......Abramovich does like what one of us would do if we were let loose on the football world with a spare 1/2 a billion.

DREVAK

Established Member
Patrik Berger has left Aston Villa and returns to his youth club Sparta Prague. There was speculation he might join Smicer in Slavia (where he spent a few fine years after rejecting a contract from Sparta as a youngster), and to be perfectly honest I could have easily seen him doing just that. So the transfer comes as a bit of a surprise. Not that he left Villa, especially after that Barry business, just that he joined Sparta. Good luck to him and let's hope he ends his career on a high – if you can talk of highs and the local league in one sentence, that is.

Latest posts

Top Bottom