• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

English Football 2007-2008

tristan

Biggus said:
tristan said:
At least we know it was him who got Hiddink the job then ;)

:lol: I'll say this for him.......Abramovich does like what one of us would do if we were let loose on the football world with a spare 1/2 a billion.

He's a fan who has enough money to play Football Manager with a live team rather than a computer team.

DREVAK

Established Member
Newcastle's Emre is set to sign for Fenerbahce next week. Now I know he hardly is a world class player, so it is not like Ronaldo left United for Porto in two years' time, however, 28 is not too old and going back to Turkey? Sure, Fenerbahce are a relatively large club even from the European cup viewpoint, but still. I think a move to a league with a higher standard would not sound too far fetched. But hey, as I said, it still is Champions League material.

Wenger14

Established Member
Ferguson and Quieroz will probably fly to Portugal/Austria, convince him that United's the best club for him to be at, offer him a new contract making him the highest paid player in Europe, and make him know how much they value him. He'll end up staying, firing United to a few more trophies and Fergie has the last laugh.

In the mean time we'll lose Adebayor, Fabregas and Clichy over 10k/wk and remain in transition as Bendtner, Merida and Traore are their replacements.

Yes, I'm frustrated. Who isn't?

DREVAK

Established Member
It's official now, Manchester City have confirmed Sven Goran Eriksson has left the club by mutual consent. A silly decision, really. Do they expect a new manager will make them break into the top four? A bit more common sense would be welcome in these dealings I think. A large part of their season was not entirely great, but a manager's job is a long term one! Or at least it should be.

And now it looks like Mark Hughes has been approached immediately after Sven left. Blackburn have given Hughes permission to speak with City, subject to "terms and conditions acceptable to Blackburn Rovers" of course. As I said, I can't see Hughes or anyone doing a miracle with City. I would not be surprised if he took the job and left next season. By mutual consent, obviously. Heh.

air

City are a joke. Well, maybe City aren't a joke but their owner certainly is. After hiring Eriksson they became the fifth biggest club in England, maybe their league position didn't match that but they went from relegation battling jail blazers to a competitive club that is attractive to foreign stars. They should have hired Sven on a ten-year deal and kept him in charge. He was the most valuable person in that club. Stupid stupid stupid.

Canuck

Established Member
I'd be dissapointed if Hughes bailed on his 'project' at Blackburn.
It's just now starting to pay off for him and the club. They look in good shape to consolidate a top 7 spot next season, and if he left now it would be a big loss for Rovers and I doubt he could do any better at Cithai than Sven has.
Not to mention that Fat Sam has been tipped to replace Hughes at Blackburn if he does jump ship, which would really be a step backwards for them and would make me want to puke.

GaelForce22

Established Member
Yeah but you really feel as if Hughes has taken Blackburn as far as he can. They have a transfer budget non-comparable to all the teams above them (with the exception of Everton) and teams like Man City, West Ham, Sunderland, Sp*rs and Newcastle outspending them each year. I think Hughes is a top manager and it will be interesting to see what he can do with a foreign billionaire's transfer budget.

Kain

Established Member
Its also dissapointing at City as they are now good enough to take on their derby rivals in united, which helps us a hell of alot but that was largely due to Sven, imo i dont see Hughes as a step forward to Sven im sure alot of City fans will feel the same its going to be dissapointing to see united get another easy 6 points a sason in there derby where as the scousers have to battle against a tough Everton outfit and we have to go against the annoying bottomless pockets of the spuds, just my two cents anyway. :x

tam1886

Established Member
Moyes wins Rooney libel case

What it says on the tin folks. David Moyes has successfully won his libel writ against Wayne Rooney and his publishers for allegations made about his condunt during Rooney's transfer to Man United. That's what he gets for bringing out an autobiography at such a stupidly young age.

DREVAK

Established Member
And it's official, Sven Goran Eriksson has been named Mexico coach. As I said previously, when these speculations first surfaced, I had my doubts about this appointment and I still do. Of course I am not Sven and I don't have the slightest idea as to what his plans are or something. But a national team? And that of Mexico? I could have easily seen him managing, say, a top six side in a decent enough league. Still, it was his choice to make and I bet he wouldn't pick the wrong job for himself, would he! Good luck to him, I have always felt some sympathy towards the 'scandalous womanizer', heh.

regele

Established Member
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 22,00.html
Freddie criticizes Wenger for not being patient enough with him and hating injured players :lol:

He also says that while he was injured, Wenger went out and found somebody to replace him, so that must be why we still play Eboue there...

And finally the shocker: AFTER THE INJURY HE WAS EXPECTED TO RETURN TO HIS PREVIOUS FORM. Yes I know, we've only waited for two years, while paying him, for him to sit on his ass injured and receive "therapeutic" massages from girls wearing only bikinis ... what kind of a club does that to a player.

Lukazan

Established Member
:lol: Poor Freddie. Must be hard going from Arsenal fan favourite to quite possibly one of the most limited and technically average players I've ever seen.

"Arsenal showed the door to too many people. Why did they let Thierry Henry go?"

Exactly the same reason we bumped your ass off Freddie. Think about it.

air

GaelForce22 said:
I think Hughes is a top manager and it will be interesting to see what he can do with a foreign billionaire's transfer budget.

Yes, he is a good manager. He will spend the foreign billionaire's budget and then get fired when the team finishes seventh or eighth.

DREVAK

Established Member
I find myself posting all the totally expected news finally turned official lately. And it won't be any different right now. As Hughes has been appointed Manchester City manager. I gave my thoughts on the matter already. More from a 'save Sven' perspective. Hughes had done a good job with Blackburn but I just can't see him doing a miracle with City. He will do exactly what Eriksson would have managed to do. Which will be at most a fight for the UEFA Cup places. However, in my opinion the likes of Everton – if the last season is anything to go by – will make even that a very difficult task.

Latest posts

Top Bottom