• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

English Football 2007-2008

Lukazan

Established Member
Utterly ridiculous move from Hughes. Settled at Blackburn and has a decent team with the potential to get better. After seeing how Sven was treated after having a good season with Man City, who in their right mind would go there? My bet is he'll be sacked by next summer and will find himself in limbo. And I hope it happens.

Tosser.

regele

Established Member
What the heck is up with skysports? I know they post the usual nonstory every now and then, but now they seem to be going into overdrive, the Ancelotti stuff presented as a fact and without any quotes, the Freddie stuff and now they say we offered 12 mil euros for Zapata but we were rejected, again without any quotes. I might as well go to tribalfootball for footie news. When's the last time we spent 10 mil pounds on a defender under Wenger? Oh that's right, never...

Biggus

Established Member
Well Wenger- bless him- In his way is trying to solve our defensive crisis the only way he knows how, by buying the latest wonderkid, the new >insert name<.

giuliob

Yep, Lukazan......Not a smart move for Hughes......What was he thinking? Bad owner......It's a lateral move, not up the ladder move.......Greed wins the day, I assume..........

-Shaun-

Yeah I was a bit shocked too, he had got a very good team with Blackburn and IMO improving every season. He had some top quality players that play together very well like Santa Cruz and Bentley, wouldn't mind one of them coming here, might be the right time as well. Saying that, City are a bigger club than Rovers, and obviously have a bulging transfer budget to buy new talent with. He probably is getting a lot more money himself as well.

number_0

Established Member
good thing if rovers go down, never liked them, imagine though if fat sam took over, thats like our worst nightmares rolled into 2 games a season!

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
They just said on ESPN Euro coverage during the Swiss/Turkey game that Scolari will leave Portugal after the tournament and join Chelsea.

And now it's on the Beeb too:
<a class="postlink" href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/7449627.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/footbal ... 449627.stm</a>

USgoonergirl

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.chelseafc.com/xxchelsea180706/index.html#/page/Homepage/article_1326948" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.chelseafc.com/xxchelsea18070 ... le_1326948</a>

go49oner

Established Member
FA closes Man Utd verdicts case

The Football Association will not appeal against a verdict which cleared Manchester United duo Sir Alex Ferguson and Carlos Queiroz of improper conduct.

The pair were charged over comments made about officials after the FA Cup defeat by Portsmouth on 8 March.

But they were cleared at an independent regulatory commission hearing.

An FA spokesman said: "We have decided that an appeal would be unlikely to succeed. An appeal would therefore not be the right course of action."

The FA had denied its original case failed because it incorrectly believed Queiroz labelled referee Martin Atkinson a "robber".

Queiroz was charged over comments about Atkinson, while Ferguson's charge related to comments about both Atkinson and referees' chief Keith Hackett.

The commission's hearing concluded the charges were "not proved".

The FA statement continued: "We remain surprised and disappointed at the original decision and we want to reiterate our support for Keith Hackett, Martin Atkinson and referees collectively.

"We remain firmly of the view that the comments made by Sir Alex Ferguson and Carlos Queiroz were inappropriate. We wish to discourage such comments being made as they are not in the best interests of football."

Typical isn't it, Wenger get fined 11 grand and warning and this guy constantly get away with making similar comments.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Villa is now saying he would love to play for Liverpool, what a suprise.

James

Established Member
Bentley wants to leave Blackburn

No denying that he's a talented player, but this guy is so far up his own ass it's unreal. If he wants to play Champions League football however, who is really going to come in for him?

Also, where the hell is he when this interview is taking place? Wouldn't surprise me if he's pissed

Kain

Established Member
The Bentley situation is a strange one, and a good question asto who would want him and why?

Theres no real love lost between him and Arsenal he didn't particuarly enjoy his time here and would not want to come back and after his past comments we wouldnt really want him back so you are looking at the other 3 of the big 4.

I've heard him mentioned on RAWK but theres been mixed opinion nobody denies hes talented but for the cash it would take to lift him from Blackburn would be rediulously excesive so i dont see Liverpool really wanting him enough to put forward the 10+ mil needed especialy with the Barry transfer looking more likely each week.

Is he good enough to get into the Chelsea squad.. no probably not thats a club looking at the biggest Ego flair players on the planet right now since Scholari has taken the hotseat so there is simply no chance if bentley goes there hes looking at a Malouda style half a dozen games a season no first team place pinned down and it wont do him any good.

Then there is United alot depends on wether they can keep the ponce, could united get into bidding wars with Chelsea for players if they did sell him? would they buy Bentley i highly doubt it.

So either Bentley has to suck it up stick with Blackburn and fight for 5th spot then maybe push for the top 4 the season after (Sp**s/Everton style) or move abroad?

The chances of a top 4 club in England moving on him doesnt seem likely, One thing on Bentleys side is the doom news of the 6+5 if that nightmare goes into place Bentley might be looking like a dream ticket to filling one of those English spots as aposed to a overpaid, overpriced Englishman wich can be replaced by some random foreighner for half the price lol. it will be interesting to see how it develops though,

Top Bottom