• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

English Football 2015/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Yeah, it's why I hope we don't go too hard on these early EL fixtures. We could end up in serious trouble if the likes of Tomkins, Reid, Kouyate etc. break down later in the season due to fatigue.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Yeah, it's why I hope we don't go too hard on these early EL fixtures. We could end up in serious trouble if the likes of Tomkins, Reid, Kouyate etc. break down later in the season due to fatigue.

Reckon it's a good chance for your fringes/young players to impress. The likes of Poyet, Zarate and Burke should all feature.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Zarate needs to **** off, woeful buy from us. Absolutely wretched attitude. The ego and work rate of Balotelli with the technical talent of someone like Ashley Young at best, ****ing hell.

LMAO. ****ing hell, what an assessment.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

No clue. Rumors of Reece Oxford starting at CB, 16 years old.
He the one who played for England u17 the other month? If it is I think you guys have got the best young CB in England.

The new Rio.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Frankfurt were in the Europa League two seasons ago, let me give a friendly piece of advice that you are absolutely ****ed mate. I remember Frankfurt playing against ISIS hatchet men on minefields in Azerbaijan and while there were great times with 10,000 fans on away trips midweek the team was beyond knackered every Saturday and Sunday.
Europa League is a different kettle of fish, your fans will be up for it and if you get to the knock out rounds and don't at least crash out of the LC and FA Cup early on you'll be 13th-15th come end of the season.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Frankfurt were in the Europa League two seasons ago, let me give a friendly piece of advice that you are absolutely ****ed mate. I remember Frankfurt playing against ISIS hatchet men on minefields in Azerbaijan and while there were great times with 10,000 fans on away trips midweek the team was beyond knackered every Saturday and Sunday.
Europa League is a different kettle of fish, your fans will be up for it and if you get to the knock out rounds and don't at least crash out of the LC and FA Cup early on you'll be 13th-15th come end of the season.

What I've been saying all along. Unless we reach the semis, I seriously don't give a **** about the EL. Having to watch our team crumble under the physical long term demands would be ****, and no one gives a **** about the EL unless they win it anyway.

Only positive would be us getting to go up against some of the bigger foreign teams, which would be interesting to watch.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Yeah, the games against Porto were undeniably one of the highlights in that season even if we were knocked out 5-5 on away goals.

Mastadon

Established Member
What I've been saying all along. Unless we reach the semis, I seriously don't give a **** about the EL. Having to watch our team crumble under the physical long term demands would be ****, and no one gives a **** about the EL unless they win it anyway.

Only positive would be us getting to go up against some of the bigger foreign teams, which would be interesting to watch.

Do you think West Ham are above playing in the EL? What are your expectations then playing in only domestic competitions and target to win one of the cups which will send you to the EL anyway? Or is West Ham realistically going to target top 4? I would think mid tier clubs would be happy to play in the EL because targeting the top 4 might work once every 20 years if you can get an Everton type team together.

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
Europa League is nice, if you're sure you're not going to relegate and you also have no ambitions reaching the CL (despite the one Cl ticket for the eventual winner). Otherwise the EL is a minefield indeed. It's even hard to escape, because it's hard to get knocked out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom