• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

English Football 2016/17

carlito'sway

Established Member
I'd love Lukaku. He's developed leadership qualities at Everton that'd come in handy here. Proven PL goalscorer, still young with a high ceiling, wants to prove a point to Mourinho etc.

He'd be a top signing.

Actually, I have changed my mind about him and would take him as well. He would do us a lot of good.

GDeep™

League is very weak
My thinking now is, who else is there? Moratta? Meh.

Mbappe is the dream, but he's the dream for every football fan on the planet.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Lukaku is a decent striker but the money they are talking about that he would cost is OTT. For that amount we can sign a much better striker eg Lacazette, Mbappe, PEA, Belotti and Griezmann.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
Think 60M will probably need to be the opening bid considering his scoring record, age, contract length and Everton ownership.

He'll have to push to leave.

60m? Nah. Agent Usmanov is on it up at Everton. We'll get Lukaku for 20m and a Mars bar.

He'll strike a deal with his mate Moshiri.

Godwin1

Very well-known
Lukaku is a decent striker but the money they are talking about that he would cost is OTT. For that amount we can sign a much better striker eg Lacazette, Mbappe, PEA, Belotti and Griezmann.
He'll be consistently hitting decent a amount of goals for another 8 years in the premier league, barring injury of course. £60 odd million is a good price.

GDeep™

League is very weak
60m? Nah. Agent Usmanov is on it up at Everton. We'll get Lukaku for 20m and a Mars bar.

He'll strike a deal with his mate Moshiri.

Actually, thinking about it, it might be harder to do business with them, with the Usmanov/Moshiri link. Talk of indirect Usmanov investment in Everton too.

GDeep™

League is very weak

Mbappe and PEA will cost far more than 60-70M.

Lacazette better? Lukaku is scoring more in a tougher league.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Mbappe and PEA will cost far more than 60-70M.

Lacazette better? Lukaku is scoring more in a tougher league.

Lacazette has out scored Lukaku so far this season and the past few seasons. If both are in the PL next season I reckon that trend would also continue.

Deathstroke

The Terminator
Another one

Good riddance as well. Boring team, can't score, and the manager turning into another Moaninho.

I found this bit astonishing:

A force-of-nature type winger, the former Barcelona prodigy turned Aston Villa flop was invariably instructed to switch flanks at half-time by Karanka. This, Boro’s manager revealed, was to ensure Traoré always operated within earshot of the home technical area so he could receive coaching throughout the game.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...-middlesbrough-sacked-tactics-clashes-players

GDeep™

League is very weak
Haha Harry at my local club. Might have to go down and see them live.

Saying that, I suspect Harry is past it.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

Read an article by Gary Neville about Northern clubs considering to move their training bases to London so their players can live there. Not sure how to feel about that.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Admin
Read an article by Gary Neville about Northern clubs considering to move their training bases to London so their players can live there. Not sure how to feel about that.
That's not too great for us tbf, living in London is a genuine appeal for some footballers. If the Manchester and Liverpool clubs can offer that as well, that's one card less for us to play when trying to sign them.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

That's not too great for us tbf, living in London is a genuine appeal for some footballers. If the Manchester and Liverpool clubs can offer that as well, that's one card less for us to play when trying to sign them.

Can't see it being done by the bigger clubs, might be something you'd see the lower end of the table doing without any European football to compete with the Palaces and West Hams.

A lot of these bigger clubs have invested so much in the training facilities already, albeit you could argue they are the ones with more resources to do this type of thing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom