• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

English Football 2016/17

Impact

Established Member
Having one of those weak moments where I wish RA had managed to buy Arsenal instead of Chelsea.

goonerwarsh

Established Member
Having one of those weak moments where I wish RA had managed to buy Arsenal instead of Chelsea.

I don't think that's a weak moment mate...I would have him over an owner who is letting the club rot every day of the week. We'd be a super club by now had he bought us instead of Chelsea

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
I don't think that's a weak moment mate...I would have him over an owner who is letting the club rot every day of the week. We'd be a super club by now had he bought us instead of Chelsea

We have enough money isn't it with usmanov and kroenke? It's just kroenke doesn't want to spend it and usmanov can't do it because he isn't the biggest holder. Usmanov wants to take the club forward. Time for a big holder change I suppose.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
With cazorla injury atm would take cesc back in a heartbeat as a cm.
That ship has sailed sadly. It would take far greater humility for Wenger to bring him back than he's got in him, especially when he could and should have done so 3 years ago when Cesc was younger and keen to return. Instead of which we've watched our midfield get worse every year and he's been a key part of 2 title winning sides. If by some miracle he was back in our midfield next season I'd be very happy but he won't be.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
That ship has sailed sadly. It would take far greater humility for Wenger to bring him back than he's got in him, especially when he could and should have done so 3 years ago when Cesc was younger and keen to return. Instead of which we've watched our midfield get worse every year and he's been a key part of 2 title winning sides. If by some miracle he was back in our midfield next season I'd be very happy but he won't be.

Big mistake by Wenger.It's funny that he said that he didn't want Fabregas because we had Jack,Cazorla,Özil,Ramsey and other MF players in that time.But in reality he knew that only Özil is about same quality as Cesc ( which is also big question for me ). Think that Wenger didn't want Cesc because of his pride.And he can't promise Cesc that we can win big titles,which is one of the reason why he left Arsenal in first place.

Batman

Big mistake by Wenger.It's funny that he said that he didn't want Fabregas because we had Jack,Cazorla,Özil,Ramsey and other MF players in that time.But in reality he knew that only Özil is about same quality as Cesc ( which is also big question for me ). Think that Wenger didn't want Cesc because of his pride.And he can't promise Cesc that we can win big titles,which is one of the reason why he left Arsenal in first place.
It was solely Wenger's pride. That's what infuriates me. Literally there was no reason not to sign him. Cazorla,Rosicky and Arteta weren't young even then. Wilshere was injury prone even then. There were questions about Özil's consistency even then. There were absolutely no leaders at the club even then. We didn't play with any sort of DM so it's not like there wasn't room to accommodate him. Cesc made it clear that he wanted to come back. He would have been cheaper for us than any other side. He would have ticked so many boxes AND Chelsea wouldn't have been as strong. Literally everything in favor of him coming back except the gift that keeps on giving; Wenger's ego. I don't know whether it was just hurt feelings over how Cesc left or wanting to spare Özil's confidence or what but it was a massive blunder even by the awful standards he's set the last few years.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
It was solely Wenger's pride. That's what infuriates me. Literally there was no reason not to sign him. Cazorla,Rosicky and Arteta weren't young even then. Wilshere was injury prone even then. There were questions about Özil's consistency even then. There were absolutely no leaders at the club even then. We didn't play with any sort of DM so it's not like there wasn't room to accommodate him. Cesc made it clear that he wanted to come back. He would have been cheaper for us than any other side. He would have ticked so many boxes AND Chelsea wouldn't have been as strong. Literally everything in favor of him coming back except the gift that keeps on giving; Wenger's ego. I don't know whether it was just hurt feelings over how Cesc left or wanting to spare Özil's confidence or what but it was a massive blunder even by the awful standards he's set the last few years.

Wenger probably felt hurt about whole Cesc's situation when he left Arsenal.He maybe expected from captain and player who made massive improvments in Arsenal to stay.But on the other hand he didn't give him any big trophy and didn't convince him in any way to stay.It's strange thing ofc.He was thinking that Özil can change Fabregas but really apart from Özil,Ramsey and Jack are just under Cesc and Cazorla could be a good change if both players played for us.It's hard to tell what all happend behind scenes with Cesc-Wenger relationship and how that take effect on Wenger's decision in 2014.In terms of our game and quality that Fabregas has,Wenger made mistake,no doubt about that.But there is also something personal about whole thing,which is probably not good thing in football,right ?

Batman

Wenger probably felt hurt about whole Cesc's situation when he left Arsenal.He maybe expected from captain and player who made massive improvments in Arsenal to stay.But on the other hand he didn't give him any big trophy and didn't convince him in any way to stay.It's strange thing ofc.He was thinking that Özil can change Fabregas but really apart from Özil,Ramsey and Jack are just under Cesc and Cazorla could be a good change if both players played for us.It's hard to tell what all happend behind scenes with Cesc-Wenger relationship and how that take effect on Wenger's decision in 2014.In terms of our game and quality that Fabregas has,Wenger made mistake,no doubt about that.But there is also something personal about whole thing,which is probably not good thing in football,right ?
At the end of the day the best move for Arsenal football club would have been to put pride aside and settle whatever issues he had with Cesc. This was an opportunity to bring back a proven winner in his prime while denying a rival the chance to strengthen at a low cost. He elected not to do that and we're sliding backwards while Chelsea have won 2 titles with significant contributions from Cesc. That tells you all you need to know about what happens when feelings overwhelm logic in football.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐

Alisher-Usmanov-008.jpg

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵

Ranieri is the bookies favourite to replace him, followed by Marcos Silva, Alan Pardew and Nigel Pearson

Impact

Established Member
Eddie Howe continuing to do a great job at Bournemouth. Finishing 16th in their first ever season in the PL and now in the top 10 (9th) in their second season in the league. Not saying he is ready for the next step up but I am saying that he is rightfully rated highly.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Eddie Howe continuing to do a great job at Bournemouth. Finishing 16th in their first ever season in the PL and now in the top 10 (9th) in their second season in the league. Not saying he is ready for the next step up but I am saying that he is rightfully rated highly.
If he smart he should be managing a midtable club next stay with that club for few seasons if he do well then he'll be ready to manage a top 6 sides. he promising manager finishing 9th with a team like Bournemouth and with limited budget is very good.

OG J0E

Going from Bournemouth to Soton is a stab in the back surely? Don't think local rivalries are that intense on the south coast.

Top Bottom