English Football 2017/18

Discussion in 'Football Talk' started by redanddread, Jun 23, 2017.

1. redanddread

redanddread Always negative

2. Sanchez11

Sanchez11 Everything is sh1t

3. Wilshere1010

Wilshere1010 Well-Known Member

4. skummm

skummm Well-Known Member

Interesting article discussing proposed changes to the beautiful game...would any or all of them improve it?

I think this deserves it's own thread [in Football Talk] but I lost my thread starting privleges during the Great AM Lockout™

Linky

5. al-Ustaadh

al-Ustaadh Professor of Twitter

6. Jasard

Jasard #PlayAMNInMidfield

Kind of the vote that counts really. Things might actually move forward

7. Mitch

Mitch Blocked by Ramsey on Instagram

I can't wait to see Phil Thompson's reaction to this:lol:.

Thompson went on an epic rant a few years ago when they attempted to discuss this on Soccer saturday. A sort of "how dare you even suggest about bringing back standing sections and do so is a insult to the victims and their families" etc rubbish.

8. Rex Banner

Rex Banner Massive SAFophile Trusted

My local Shrewsbury Town is pushing heavily for safe standing as well. It'd be great to get some atmosphere into British football.

9. tap-in

tap-in :-)

With all the money in the game nowadays, I just came across this. Good on ya Juan!

10. GoonerJeeves

GoonerJeeves Up The Terriers

Stadium of Light sure looks empty. Dire football being served up too. Sunderland looking well and truly like a championship side.

11. AVENTUS

AVENTUS Well-Known Member

So as things stand what do we reckon guys. Who will win the title.

I'm finding it very difficult to call this season really. something about UTD tells me they're still short and won't challenge, I think pep will struggling again regardless how much his spent zero cohesion in that squad. Chelsea signing Morata and losing Costa is music to my ears downgrade in my opinion.

Don't know just really hard to call

Spurs won't finish top 4 so no worries there and Liverpool still lack squad in depth and could lose their main man to Barcelona.

12. GoonerJeeves

GoonerJeeves Up The Terriers

Well as AM's resident pessimist, it certainly isn't going to be us. I think United will be very dangerous this season, hate him or not, but Mourinho is usually very capable in his second season at clubs. I'd say it is either them or Chelsea. Pep is a fraud in a proper league with competition. Spurs lack a winning culture, and Liverpool does not have the staying power.

13. GeorgiaGunner

GeorgiaGunner Closet United Fan

I think City is probably now the favorite, given that Chelsea have lost Matic (and soon Costa, who is arguably their second or third best player, behind Hazard and even with Kante) and Morata is unproven. Gundogan returning to fitness could be huge as well.

United, Spurs, and Chelsea are next tier, followed shortly by Spurs and us. Liverpool is a bit of a wildcard...if they don't sell Coutinho, they could shock everyone. The addition of Salah adds even more pace to their front 4.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2017
  14. Brown Gooner

Brown Gooner DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH

I don't know about the rest of you but I'd personally love to see Arsène lift his very first EFL Cup since 1996.

I know it's a Mickey Mouse Cup but it would be nice to see Wenger win all the trophies in England like Ferguson and Mourinho and his predecessor George Graham.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
    GeorgiaGunner likes this.
  15. carter777

carter777 Well-Known Member

Who decided the "Carabao Cup" was a good idea.

16. GunnerFinn

GunnerFinn Well-Known Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40455944
    Wasn't sure where to put this but why have we declined?? Let Nelson and co loose when they're not on the bench.

17. Rimaal

Rimaal Questionable Taste

Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
  18. {reed}

{reed} Poundland GDeep

19. Rimaal

Rimaal Questionable Taste

Thank you. Fixed.

20. GunnerFinn

GunnerFinn Well-Known Member

Everton and West Ham to be the surprise packages this year.

Both excellent in the transfer window and could challenge the top 6.