• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

English Football 2017/18

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
I'm seriously struggling to understand why everyone suddenly views United as title contenders.

It pretty obvious to the world why they were so poor last year. They didn't finish 6th because they lacked another average 6ft center half, nor did they drop points to Stoke, Burnley, Hull and Bournemouth because they were missing an extra midfield destroyer. They finished 6th because of their pathetic conversion rate and lack of goals.

So how does replacing a bonafide 30 goal a season striker with a potentially 30 goal a season striker change or even improve the situation??

Unless people are expecting Pogba to go bang 25 goals from midfield:)lol:), I fail to see how they will make up the eventually 24 points they finished behind the champions. Matic isn't that good.
What is this striker downgrade nonsense? Lukaku scored more goals than Ibra last year, whilst playing for a worse side. And Ibra will probably be back by Christmas, while Rashford & Martial's maturation will probably increase their shockingly low (pretty much outlier status) conversion rate. In fact, the team as a whole is still either pretty young, new (Mkhitaryan, Bailly, etc.), or both. And Carrick only started 18 games in the league for them last year...they DESPERATELY missed a DM when he was gone. Matic is an immense signing for them -- frees Pogba.

Finally, Mou has a pretty good track record for second seasons. Not saying I'm happy about it, but "they'll improve" is a pretty defensible thesis, once you take off your Gooner Glasses™.

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

I hope Swansea wins over Manchester United. Their manager is my preferred one, after Wenger in the PL.
His surname Clement/i can easily have Albanian roots :lol:

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

They've scored 3 in the ~10 min since I turned it on.

They ended up with the good result but their overall game was awful. Not to forget to mention that Mooo has the most disgusting face to appear on a screen.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
They ended up with the good result but their overall game was awful.
I can only speak for the second half, but while you're definitely right in that they don't play in an aesthetically pleasing style / there's something 'off' about them, you can't argue with the results thus far.

GunnerFinn

I'm seriously struggling to understand why everyone suddenly views United as title contenders.

It pretty obvious to the world why they were so poor last year. They didn't finish 6th because they lacked another average 6ft center half, nor did they drop points to Stoke, Burnley, Hull and Bournemouth because they were missing an extra midfield destroyer. They finished 6th because of their pathetic conversion rate and lack of goals.

So how does replacing a bonafide 30 goal a season striker with a potentially 30 goal a season striker change or even improve the situation??

Unless people are expecting Pogba to go bang 25 goals from midfield:)lol:), I fail to see how they will make up the eventually 24 points they finished behind the champions. Matic isn't that good.

8 goals in 2 games now. They're title contenders.

Lilwizzle

Established Member
What is this striker downgrade nonsense? Lukaku scored more goals than Ibra last year, whilst playing for a worse side. And Ibra will probably be back by Christmas, while Rashford & Martial's maturation will probably increase their shockingly low (pretty much outlier status) conversion rate. In fact, the team as a whole is still either pretty young, new (Mkhitaryan, Bailly, etc.), or both. And Carrick only started 18 games in the league for them last year...they DESPERATELY missed a DM when he was gone. Matic is an immense signing for them -- frees Pogba.

Finally, Mou has a pretty good track record for second seasons. Not saying I'm happy about it, but "they'll improve" is a pretty defensible thesis, once you take off your Gooner Glasses™.
Sure its defensible but still difficult to see happening. Once they start playing twice/three times a week, and players start getting injured, we'll see how they perform.

Ibra > Lukaku, dont be ridiculous. Plus i doubt he'll go back to Manchester ever again, place is a ****hole.

Nothing to do with 'Gooner Glasses', but Wenger hasn't finished behind Mauren since '15, cant see that changing anytime soon. They'll improve, but so will everyone. Question is whether they'll improve enough to overtake the over 5 teams that finished above them.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
Sure its defensible but still difficult to see happening. Once they start playing twice/three times a week, and players start getting injured, we'll see how they perform.

Ibra > Lukaku, dont be ridiculous. Plus i doubt he'll go back to Manchester ever again, place is a ****hole.

Nothing to do with 'Gooner Glasses', but Wenger hasn't finished behind Mauren since '15, cant see that changing anytime soon. They'll improve, but so will everyone. Question is whether they'll improve enough to overtake the over 5 teams that finished above them.
Of course prime Ibra is better than Lukaku, but he's 36 now. Lukaku outclassed him last year, and there are reports that he'll be signed by next week, so clearly he doesn't mind the city (he's been there training anyways).

And "since '15" == "two seasons." Not exactly a long history, especially considering what happened in previous years.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

You lot want Wele back just incase he doesnt come?

Honestly, I'd take him. If we can show Jesse Lingard the door and give Welbeck his place back I'd be delighted.

We've won various titles with Welbeck being the main part of our team. Never would play him upfront though, he'd be more of a runner on the left side that links play ala Mandzukic for Juventus. I don't think he's **** as people say he is, maybe it's because I've come to terms with what type of player he is long ago, his finishing will never improve and his development has been shocking. He's barely evolved as a player since 21. Nevertheless, he has the attributes to help the team.

Last edited:

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Watch out for Ruben Loftus Cheek this season. Caught glimpses of him twice now and he's impressed, also heard from a palace fan that he's been their man of the match for both games this season.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Watch out for Ruben Loftus Cheek this season. Caught glimpses of him twice now and he's impressed, also heard from a palace fan that he's been their man of the match for both games this season.
Saw him against Liverpool. He was indeed far better than any other player for them on the pitch. His passing was excellent, shielded the ball well. Created a great chance for Benteke which he should have scored from

Lilwizzle

Established Member
Honestly, I'd take him. If we can show Jesse Lingard the door and give Welbeck his place back I'd be delighted.

We've won various titles with Welbeck being the main part of our team. Never would play him upfront though, he'd be more of a runner on the left side that links play ala Mandzukic for Juventus. I don't think he's **** as people say he is, maybe it's because I've come to terms with what type of player he is long ago, his finishing will never improve and his development has been shocking. He's barely evolved as a player since 21. Nevertheless, he has the attributes to help the team.
Bruh Fergie was a Grade I Illuminati Grandmaster, dont let Wele performances under him fool you.

Lingard is **** but atleast he scores bangers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom