• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

English Football 2018/19

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Some lovely stuff here, quick one and two touch passing and evading Derby's press (which isn't great in fairness) to end up in an offensive position with their full-back charging up the wing in space after taking 3 maybe 4 Derby players out of the game.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Really not I think.

If you follow the states or nations trying to legalize something on internet like stream or torrent, there will just come better and finer ways to do it!

I'm all for paying for one of the best league in football, and I try most of the times to go to bar and watch the game to support the league and the local pubs.

But sometimes I just have to use streams and I do it without feeling bad because so far I spend a lot of money on the league already.

And one other thing, lets say if they managed to ban it completely, if they do. I wont bother going out and watch, so they either can have me watching and see some ads and someone might make money of it or they close it all up and I will start doing something else.
Agree with this. Do they want fans or not. Some of us are being completely ripped off for sports channels of which we watch two or three games a week.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Potter v Bielsa is a contest I wouldn't mind seeing again, that's for sure.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Stoke losing 2-0 to Wigan

giphy.gif

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Stoke losing 2-0 to Wigan

giphy.gif

3-0 now....you have to feel for Stoke...I'm absolutely devastated. Such a forward-thinking and positive club, now forced to scrap in the doldrums. It is seriously sad.

I hope Arsenal can find a way to support Stoke. Perhaps a surprise visit by Gunnersaurus or a discrete delivery of surplus Baltie pies.

I have no doubt that the average Gooner will rally to the plight of Stoke City.

BobP

Memri Fan
I feel Bielsa will do well here. Putting aside the disaster that was his spell at Lille, he often does well when he is asked to make use of players who are already at the club.

Norwich 0 - 3 Leeds United

Spot on, again.

On a related note, Alioski is a gem. When the great Zdenek Zeman plucked him for the relative obscurity of the Challenge League he was nothing but a LB. Zeman transformed him into an attacker and he's gone from strength to strength ever since. Now Bielsa is completing what Zeman started.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Beilsa is too good for championship ffs if he didn't cause any problem Leeds are in PL next season

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
It seems Premier League clubs may need to carry 10 homegrown players after Brexit. And that will mean 10 players with British passports. Players who have qualified as homegrown by spending 3 years at a club between 16 and 21 will no longer be counted as homegrown. Arsenal will need to add 4 senior players with British passports.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
It seems Premier League clubs may need to carry 10 homegrown players after Brexit. And that will mean 10 players with British passports. Players who have qualified as homegrown by spending 3 years at a club between 16 and 21 will no longer be counted as homegrown. Arsenal will need to add 4 senior players with British passports.

That is funny

But should be an incentive to invest in academies

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
That is funny

But should be an incentive to invest in academies

No doubt. The bigger clubs will need to start giving more young players opportunities. Arsenal will have Nelson, Nketiah, Smith Rowe and possibly Willock who might step in. They'll probably still be wanting to unload Jenkinson if they can, though, so they'll still need to add. Chelsea would need to add 5, but they have about half a million players out on loan so they should be able to find somebody.

But that's what the FA wants. They want clubs to play British (specifically English) players and rely less on foreigners. Brexit may help them accomplish that. But at what cost to the Premier League's quality and overseas marketability?

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
No doubt. The bigger clubs will need to start giving more young players opportunities. Arsenal will have Nelson, Nketiah, Smith Rowe and possibly Willock who might step in. They'll probably still be wanting to unload Jenkinson if they can, though, so they'll still need to add. Chelsea would need to add 5, but they have about half a million players out on loan so they should be able to find somebody.

But that's what the FA wants. They want clubs to play British (specifically English) players and rely less on foreigners. Brexit may help them accomplish that. But at what cost to the Premier League's quality and overseas marketability?
Evertyhng works in waves. We had the Italian league's dominance in the 90s, then they went down and PL came up. Think it is time for the EPL to take a back seat.

What I really find irritating is that the FA has not managed to build on this bubble of popularity, and pushed their national team to greater heights.

Italians been on the forefront until five years ago, Spain have used Barca/Madrid(s) popularity to dominate world football.

England have not managed to do that.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Would be one of the very few positives of Brexit if it happens. All for giving more homegrown players a chance alongside the better foreign players.

In terms of the timespan to implement it - surely it wouldn't just be a case of teams having to fall in line the first summer after its introduced? Would think they'd be given 2-3 years to get it all in place.

Top Bottom