• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Episodes in Football Games that reminded you of real life...

sammy89

...or vice versa.

I thought up this thread when I remembered a time when I was playing Pro Evo 08 Master League. I had decided to test myself since the game was becoming too easy for me. I opted to set the difficulty to Top Player, cheat prevention(by quitting games) was on and I made transfers extra difficult to do. Moreover, I decided to go down the route of fiscal prudence, and vowed to convert the default motley crew of Ivanov, Valeny, Cellini and co. into First Division title winners. My squad no doubt gave me a lot of stress, since there were loads of deficiencies across the team that needed correcting, but I had a policy of squad retention, and I was sticking to it. After some frustrating seasons trying to break out of the bottom division, my hand was forced into a couple of bargain bin players in order to make up for the outgoing retirees, but I still stuck steadfastly to my policy of keeping the default team together, and letting them grow and develop together.
After some time the policy started to show results, and I had grown to love my squad. But I still experienced loads of hardships due to the glaring lack of quality. I would tell my friends of my progress, and after hearing my experiences, they all would advice me to just buy some good players and win the damn thing. But I was so deep into my project, that I met all those skeptics with one answer: I know what I'm doing, I know what I'm doing, I KNOW WHAT I'M DOING!
After some time in the top division, it became painfully obvious that I was missing only one piece to the puzzle. A 'monster' CB. After trying to no end to find an internal solution, I decided to bite the bullet and do my first 'unforced' purchase. I bought Metzelder, a cheap, young-ish 195cm CB. He took a few seasons to gel in, and then finally after seven seasons of struggle, I won in the first division, and in some style, winning the treble of League, Cup and CL equivalent. By that time I had changed the team a bit, but seven first teamers were still from the original default Master League squad, so the policy was definitely a success. I had 200,000 PES points saved in the bank(that's a whole lot. Players would almost never cost more than 10,000 points). I also had some world beaters in my squad, the highlight of those being Gervinho(the guy who always says how he wants to come to Arsenal), my first purchase, who'd grown to become arguably the best player in the game, better than Ronaldinho.
Now I recall that experience and realise I had actually become the Pro Evo equivalent of Arsène Wenger. :D

How about your football gaming experiences that reminded you of real life?

entropy13

Established Member
I usually concede a goal or goals (as Arsenal) from set-pieces.

But then again that was usually their best chances (100% conversion rate of chances to goals), while Arsenal has been very wasteful with their chances, less than 1/3 were converted into goals.

Arsenal still wins though since opponent's 100% = 1-2 goals, Arsenal 40-50% = 5-24 goals.

:p

sammy89

Arsegum said:
Playing Sp**s and get equalised at the last minute.

3 times in a row :(
Is that Pro Evo? It's nearly impossible to hold a 1-0 lead in that game. I'm almost certain they've programmed the computer to always come up with an equaliser. Even if it means defying the laws of physics.

Illusion

Established Member
Wait what?

You had to set Pro Evo to 'Top Player' meaning you've played it on any other difficulty!?! Ludicrous!

Top Player is the first thing you set before doing anything.

sammy89

Illusion said:
Wait what?

You had to set Pro Evo to 'Top Player' meaning you've played it on any other difficulty!?! Ludicrous!

Top Player is the first thing you set before doing anything.
I've been playing Pro Evo since PES2, so yeah, I do that(except in PES6, which was so hard at first I had to tone it down to Professional while I learnt the ropes). I just had to make the explanation clear.

Top Bottom