• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL 16/17 | Matchday 26

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I trust GDeep on this matter.

Teams demanding such a fee for trash players like Lukaku and Morarta and we are still only just buying in 35-42 million range.

Strikers are in such demand and Lukaku is still in his early twenties while Everton don't really need to sell. They've every right to ask for 60-70 million as a MINIMUM.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Welbeck and Walcott score equal too what Morata or Lukaku would score for us.

Would just be waste of money. We need better.

Morata and Lukaku both moonwalk into our team, neither are in their peak years either. Two quality strikers who would improve us and develop into world class strikers. These are the sort of guys we should be targeting IMO.

According to rumours, Everton were demanding about 70M last summer when Chelsea were interested.

Stones went for 50M, Lukaku is a proven 23 year old goalscorer. I myself value him at 60-70M, Everton will value him much higher.

Stones has that English premium, that's the sole reason he went for so much. Ability wise he's not even worth half that. Shocking deal all round.

Everton will want to scare suitors off with unrealistic price tags. Lukaku isn't a £70M player and I can't see any club bidding that much for him. I think he'll force a move within the next two years and leave for £40M max.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Morata and Lukaku both moonwalk into our team, neither are in their peak years either. Two quality strikers who would improve us and develop into world class strikers. These are the sort of guys we should be targeting IMO.

Stones has that English premium, that's the sole reason he went for so much. Ability wise he's not even worth half that. Shocking deal all round.

Everton will want to scare suitors off with unrealistic price tags. Lukaku isn't a £70M player and I can't see any club bidding that much for him. I think he'll force a move within the next two years and leave for £40M max.

40M? Come on man.

70 million was the prize Everton tried to milk Chelsea with last summer. They can do it next summer do. Some club will get desperate. Chinese club can jump in... The market hasn't reach its limit yet.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Trusted ⭐
Wtf, I'm getting sick for my £40M shout, when an £80M-£100M shout for ROMELU LUKAKU is acceptable?

Lukaku has two years to run on his current contract btw, I have a feeling we'll revisit this little debate.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

He literally joined Everton for nearly £30 million 3 years ago and has improved plus scored a lot since then, he's definitely doubled his price.

Lyon were demanding well over £40 million for Lacazette and Inter were talking about £50 million+ for Icardi.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Trusted ⭐
How much do value Morata at? Considering he's done 25% of what Lukaku has in his career.

Hasn't done as much in terms of goals but has played for some actual top clubs and done well, including knocking his current side out of the CL with goals in either leg. Scored in the 2015 CL final too, and he's done well for Spain.

I'd value them around the same tbh, £35M-£40M.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Trusted ⭐
He literally joined Everton for nearly £30 million 3 years ago and has improved plus scored a lot since then, he's definitely doubled his price.

Lyon were demanding well over £40 million for Lacazette and Inter were talking about £50 million+ for Icardi.

SukJ7H.gif

GDeep™

League is very weak
Wtf, I'm getting sick for my £40M shout, when an £80M-£100M shout for ROMELU LUKAKU is acceptable?

Lukaku has two years to run on his current contract btw, I have a feeling we'll revisit this little debate.

Obviously if he runs his deal down his price rockets down.

We're talking about his value right now for example.

Lacazette in France is valued at 50M. Leicester signed Slimani for 30M.

These are nothing players compared to Lukaku.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Trusted ⭐
Obviously if he runs his deal down his price rockets down.

We're talking about his value right now for example.

Lacazette in France is valued at 50M. Leicester signed Slimani for 30M.

These are nothing players compared to Lukaku.

Just can't see Lukaku going for more than £40M tbh, I could be wrong, but I rarely am.

Ewarwoowar

Can't believe with all the people on the planet and all the footballing academies therein that there is a complete lack of worthy strikers to go roundo_O

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

He and Morata are sheight and we should stay well clear apparently :lol:.

Theo-Walcott-is-close-to--009.jpg
Fixed your post but yeah Lukaku>Welbeck.

I think he gets a hard time for his first touch and what not but he constantly does the business for teams that aren't exactly heavy weights. PL proven too and I don't know if there's any other player out there who matches his combination of strength and speed.

Top scorer in the league right now, but as a fan base we seem to be so focused on getting the perfect player that we ignore players who would be clear improvements. Exact same thing happened with Mane.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Though Lukaku is the absolute DEFINITION of a flat track bully... unless it's against us, but then again Bent and Agbonlahor always scored against us.
There was a fantasy football post that spoke about Lukaku's reputation as a troll player.

Some in depth analysis was done and he pretty much scores when you expect him to and doesn't when you don't expect to him.

I think you can only criticise a players big game performances if they themselves play for a big team. Fair enough no?

Top Bottom