• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL- 17/18- Matchday 1

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Looks like a Mourinho 2nd season this alright.
His first season wasn't half bad. Won a European trophy and qualified for the CL. It'll be interesting this season for sure. Last season felt like he was putting in the foundations, Baily, Pogba, Mkhitaryan and Zlatan. Now Matic and Lukuaku alongside Lindelof.

He is pure ruthless. Saw what he needed and went and got it. If Mourinho was our manager does anyone else think we'd be short on quality at centre half or midfield?

GDeep™

League is very weak
His first season wasn't half bad. Won a European trophy and qualified for the CL. It'll be interesting this season for sure. Last season felt like he was putting in the foundations, Baily, Pogba, Mkhitaryan and Zlatan. Now Matic and Lukuaku alongside Lindelof.

He is pure ruthless. Saw what he needed and went and got it. If Mourinho was our manager does anyone else think we'd be short on quality at centre half or midfield?
He would never become our manager because he won't be given the budget he requires.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Please stop making everything about Arséne. You're like Jury with Özil.
200.webp

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
City and United look like the most serious teams to win EPL.Not sure how Chelsea will do with this squad,they lost two important players and i will put Sp**s above them for top 4 finish tbh.Liverpool looks like weaker link of this top 6.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

Are your lot creaming on the caf?

You already know the answer to this. :lol:

I still think we're short in attack, not every game will Rashford/Martial face a washed up Zabaleta. Not too confident in Mkhitaryan, he's very inconsistent. Still lacking that attacker that will guarantee 15+ goals alongside Lukaku. But **** it, we won 4-0, I'm taking all the positives I can out of today.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Let's wait until United face a proper team before making any judgement. West Ham had one of the worst defences last season, is suffering from several injuries to important players, and has new players in attack that need time to gel. United played well, but that game was never going to be a challenge.

I don't think we have to wait to be honest. Mourinho has reverted to type. He has assembled a physically robust team with enough technical quality to win the league. He will play for draws vs the other top teams and look to win all other games, which will be possible with Lukaku up front. I do feel they will struggle in Europe.

Sp**s are in for a really tough season. Wembley, Champions League, losing their full backs and lack of signings.

Chelsea will get it sorted by the end of the window and get up and running.

Liverpool will struggle with so much more football than last season. If Coutinho leaves they will really struggle to make top 6 let alone 4.

City will take a while to gel and may struggle with a focus on the Champions League.

We are two players short from being definite contenders. A cm and a cb.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

You already know the answer to this. :lol:

I still think we're short in attack, not every game will Rashford/Martial face a washed up Zabaleta. Not too confident in Mkhitaryan, he's very inconsistent. Still lacking that attacker that will guarantee 15+ goals alongside Lukaku. But **** it, we won 4-0, I'm taking all the positives I can out of today.
I am still not convinced by mou but time will tell. I think matic was a better buy than lukaku for you.

WakeupCall

Utd play a very poor West Ham side and suddenly they're world beaters. It is good for their confidence that they get hyped by the whole country and pundits are falling over themselves to join the hype train. They werent as impressive as they are made to look.

but unfortunetly they imrpvoed , last year they were propper ****. They might get 70points this time around.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Praising Mourinho again . . . sickening.

He wins one game against a nothing side and people are fawning all over him. SMH.

Easy to be ruthless with an open check book.

You're forgetting he had everything in place at Chelsea, settled team, £20-30m players in every position and still took them to the bottom of the league.

Get a grip.

Last edited:

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude

We'd be creaming our pants if Arsenal had the season they did, then went out and bought all that talent / potential. Mou is an *******, but to act as if he can do no right is entirely asinine.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

He would never become our manager because he won't be given the budget he requires.
Since returning to England in 2013 Mourinho has spent 117m sold 69m in 2014 123m and sold 130m in 2015 81m spent 79m sold. He then joined United spent 165m and sold 42m spent 147 and sold 7m giving a total spend of 633m sales of 327m net spend of 306m.

Wenger in the same period 44m spent 10m out 107 spent 25 received 23 spent 2m received 101m spent 9m received 48m spent 10m received. Spent 323 sales of 56m net 267m.

So it's not like Mourinho has had much more money, net difference of less than 50m. As my original point said Mourinho is much more ruthless resulting in him being able to spend more as he sold considerably more (sold more than we spent). A problem we are having now as we are stuck with a lot of players we would love to get rid of and simply cant even though over the years we've had strong links for nearly all of them at much higher fees. Would Mourinho have stood behind Wilshere or taken the cash for the Ox or Ramsey. Consideration should be given to the below point.

Finally if you find fault with that or anyone else does Mourinho has often spoken about the patience our board have. Would he be willing to accept a bit less money with the same control Wenger has knowing he would have the long term backing to deliver? Hey Jose instead of 150m to spend we will give you 100m but we will give you four years to see your project through as opposed to the near instant results you've had demanded of you elsewhere. I'd think he'd happily sacrifice the 50m up front cash for that added security. That may allow him to gamble on some but not all the younger players.

Last edited:

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Praising Mourinho again . . . sickening.

He wins one game against a nothing side and people are fawning all over him. SMH.

Easy to be ruthless with an open check book.

You're forgetting he had everything in place at Chelsea, settled team, £20-30m players in every position and still took them to the bottom of the league.

Get a grip.

Don't know which manager to praise than,2 CL,won leagues in all clubs he led.Understand that you don't like someone,but be little objective.

Top Bottom