• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL- 17/18- Matchday 1

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Since returning to England in 2013 Mourinho has spent 117m sold 69m in 2014 123m and sold 130m in 2015 81m spent 79m sold. He then joined United spent 165m and sold 42m spent 147 and sold 7m giving a total spend of 633m sales of 327m net spend of 306m.

Wenger in the same period 44m spent 10m out 107 spent 25 received 23 spent 2m received 101m spent 9m received 48m spent 10m received. Spent 323 sales of 56m net 267m.

So it's not like Mourinho has had much more money, net difference of less than 50m. As my original point said Mourinho is much more ruthless resulting in him being able to spend more as he sold considerably more (sold more than we spent). A problem we are having now as we are stuck with a lot of players we would love to get rid of and simply cant even though over the years we've had strong links for nearly all of them at much higher fees. Would Mourinho have stood behind Wilshere or taken the cash for the Ox or Ramsey. Consideration should be given to the below point.

Finally if you find fault with that or anyone else does Mourinho has often spoken about the patience our board have. Would he be willing to accept a bit less money with the same control Wenger has knowing he would have the long term backing to deliver? Hey Jose instead of 150m to spend we will give you 100m but we will give you four years to see your project through as opposed to the near instant results you've had demanded of you elsewhere. I'd think he'd happily sacrifice the 50m up front cash for that added security. That may allow him to gamble on some but not all the younger players.

Think that United will be perfect proof how long Jose can last in one club.He had two slumps with Chelsea,didn't do enough with Real and he wanted something new when he was in Inter and Porto.United probably wanted long term manager and he can't repeat Chelsea's situation.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Don't know which manager to praise than,2 CL,won leagues in all clubs he led.Understand that you don't like someone,but be little objective.
Being very objective. Wenger's beaten him for the last two years running with a lot less cash and more injuries.

Let's see what happens this year. With a £600m squad he'd have be virtually useless to lose again. :lol:

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Being very objective. Wenger's beaten him for the last two years running with a lot less cash and more injuries.

Let's see what happens this year. With a £600m squad he'd have be virtually useless to lose again. :lol:

Who mentioned Wenger ffs ? :lol:,Well he didn't come from nowhere to the point where he can lead big club and to spend a lot of money.He won CL with Porto and Inter.And also clubs need to spend money in this modern football.Why he wouldn't do that ?

I pretty much have more doubts about Pep's quality than Jose's quality tbh.

noah0

You already know the answer to this. :lol:

I still think we're short in attack, not every game will Rashford/Martial face a washed up Zabaleta. Not too confident in Mkhitaryan, he's very inconsistent. Still lacking that attacker that will guarantee 15+ goals alongside Lukaku. But **** it, we won 4-0, I'm taking all the positives I can out of today.

mkhi in his inconsistency ml times better than mata - bearded or shaved/

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Who mentioned Wenger ffs ? :lol:,Well he didn't come from nowhere to the point where he can lead big club and to spend a lot of money.He won CL with Porto and Inter.And also clubs need to spend money in this modern football.Why he wouldn't do that ?

I pretty much have more doubts about Pep's quality than Jose's quality tbh.
  1. Biggest spending manager of all time. Over £1bn so far.
  2. A complete and utter arsehole of an egotistical human being.
  3. The only manager ever to take a Forbes top 10 team to just above the relegation zone.
  4. Simple uninspiring formulaic defensive football.
Those are some of his qualities. Watched a lot of Mourinho's sides over the years and the games are usually dull.

This is an entertainment business. Watch Klopp, Pep and Wenger's sides and it's all action and excitement.

We're all different, but I'm not that desperate so see a title trophy :lol:

Ever read Dr Faustus?

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
Let's wait before we praise teams so quickly. It was the first matchday. I mean yes United looked good but we played entertaining stuff too and that was with no real CB's.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

Let's wait before we praise teams so quickly. It was the first matchday. I mean yes United looked good but we played entertaining stuff too and that was with no real CB's.

Only need to look at City's first 10 games last season to see how easily things can change. Teams will dip, enter in more competitions and get injuries. Trying to stay grounded and keep away from Redcafe.

Cliché but it's a marathon, not a sprint. Liverpool, for example, burnt themselves out time and time again.

logic DC

jose has done great business this summer and last, I hate him as much as the next guy but the signings he has made aside Pogba Arsenal could afford, so spare me with this pity Arsenal ****. us ourselves have made expensive signings over the last 4 years. they bought Bailey, Matic, Miki those ain't superstars but they've made them the spine of their team, Arsenal could have bought any of those players but didn't instead bought alternatives who are as good as those players. Man United are improving because of Jose stop making it sound as though he has been buying Kroos, Modric, Messi, Neymar and even Alexis' s.

Lacaz1fan

I suspect Mou does a lot of dirty deals with pundits and media folks. The way the lap up his poo is something else. I had to rewatch the game against WestHam to really try to see where all the praises were coming from. Frogeye in BBC actually put Phil Jones in his TOTW when WestHam barely attacked UTD.
The only change in personel at UTD are Matic for Herrera and Lukaku for Zlatan. Same old formation, same old playing style. Those 2 players are not enough to push a team from 6th to 1st.

I suspect Mou does a lot of dirty deals with pundits and media folks. The way the lap up his poo is something else. I had to rewatch the game against WestHam to really try to see where all the praises were coming from. Frogeye in BBC actually put Phil Jones in his TOTW when WestHam barely attacked UTD.
The only change in personel at UTD are Matic for Herrera and Lukaku for Zlatan. Same old formation, same old playing style. Those 2 players are not enough to push a team from 6th to 1st.
The hate and bitterness towards Mourinho makes you blind. Try and think clearly without angst. Emotion when analaysing is a great weakness.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

The hate and bitterness towards Mourinho makes you blind. Try and think clearly without angst. Emotion when analaysing is a great weakness.
You mean like Wenger's beaten him for two years running, firstly when he a had settled side and then when he had the richest team in history.

That sort of clear analysis.

Top Bottom