• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Arsenal v Crystal Palace - 17/4/16, 16:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Drummond

You know not have we only lost the title, we will finish behind Sp**s, we will not be playing UCL next season (Liverpool will win Europa)...

Only way we won't be playing CL because of Liverpool winning the EL is if we drop to 4th and West Ham or United get 3rd as well as City finishing outside the top 4 and winning the CL. That's probably as likely as us winning the PL.

Most likely way we'll miss out on the CL is if we finish 5th. Liverpool winning the EL will have nothing to do with it.

Gervais

Established Member
Did anyone else see when Wenger was standing with the "..and over and over and over again" banner in the background? :lol:

Biblical.
R3MgABi.jpg

Gooner n Proud

a.k.a. nasri_8 and Voice of Flamini
You know not have we only lost the title, we will finish behind Sp**s, we will not be playing UCL next season (Liverpool will win Europa)...

This bottle job is the worse lot. We were on top of the table in January and now barely hanging onto fourth with five matches to go.

If Arsène doesn't leave after this performance of a year, we should be worried what's ahead. The standard is too low for the board.

It wont make a difference if Liverpool win the Europa if we get in the top 4 then champions league football is attained.

adpree

Expected this game to be a disappointment, and my cable was down, missed the game. Sad to say but Monday does not feel as depressing.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Thankfully you're not the manager then!

I think tactically we could've done better. We obviously dominated the through the midfield but struggled to finish the ample opportunities that we had.
Bringing Ramsey on at RW was tactically naive. We should only do this when we're trying to bring stability to our game. This would have been one of the times he would have been positive in the DM role where he could gallavant forward and potentially finish something or at least provide another option.
Walcott was again a disaster. He's never really looked like a professional footballer but it really is starting to show now that he has some genuine competition in front of him. Campbell would have been a much smarter option to bring on otherwise Walcott should have started to at least give him a chance to get in to the game.
Giroud was the only option in terms of strikers so can't blame Wenger at this time (obvs could blame him during transfer window)
Ramsey, Giroud and Walcott (to a lesser extent) are nailed-on starters, so that is a big issue.

my rant was about these players not showing any skill or desire. Unless they are doing this deliberately to force Wenger out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Iceko

Also pretty sure Gabriel pulled his leg back allowing the shot past him. Did he think it would go wide???

So here in Australia i stayed up to 1am through to 3am to watch that game.

I feel more rorted than the fans who paid money for that, and i've never been to England.

law90026

Established Member
I think the subs killed us.

You're 1-0 up. The other side will presumably have to attack at some point if they want to get anything out of the game. If they don't, you're going to win 1-0 anyway. So what do you do? Take off a fast mobile striker that pressures their defence and is able to beat an offside trap? Or play an immobile striker that doesn't stretch their defence?

Your midfield has done well all game. Players may not have been as sharp, chances were missed but it's still chugging along. What do you do? Keep the same players on or, if you really want to defend your lead, put on a defensive type player, say a Gibbs or even a Campbell? Or should you put on a central midfielder who has poor discipline?

Once the subs were made, we lost our shape and our movement. We were lucky not to lose near the end.

General

Established Member
The subs always disrupt as because apart from a few positions we are never able to go like for like to maintain our shape. It's one of Wenger's long standing flaws. He wants to play the same way but with different players. Inevitably we become predictable and hand the initiative to the opposition.

MagicalRozza

Bringing Ramsey on at RW was tactically naive.

Sorry, for the selected quote, I agree with your post in general. I just need to say that seeing words like naive, bounce back, hand break, cohesion, etc make my eyes bleed. They should be banned on this forum permanently.

Iceko

All our subs were dreadful. Should have brought on Campbell for Iwobi. And if we wanted to shore up the midfield you dont bring on Ramsey. What a clueless player he's become. Absolutely no range in his passing. Just walks and walks en passes sideways.

kopzilla

Always Negative

Presenting BigBlud @BBF :lol:

Blud, one of the Slavic fairies in Slavic mythology, is an evil-deity that causes disorientation and leads a person aimlessly around and round. The term also refers to illicit fornication, the desire for which Slavic clerics claimed to come from the Devil.

:D

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Our subs have always been useless. I remember once we finished with something like five strikers on the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom