• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Arsenal v Liverpool- 24/08/15, 20:00. [SS1]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prawn Sandwich

Pretty massive that the ref was lenient with Coquelin. Had he been red carded then it would have been worrying going into the big game against Liverpool.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
this is gonna be open game so it's better play with tow quick wingers not 5 midfield players okay Arsène?

SiMamu

Part time Leeds fan
----------------------Cech
Bellerin-Mertesacker-Koscielny-Monreal
----------------Ramsey-Coquelin
Chamberlain------Özil------------Alexis
--------------------Giroud

Subs: Ospina, Gibbs, Gabriel, Debuchy, Arteta, Cazorla, Walcott

Although I expect we'll go with the same starting lineup that beat Palace.

Bould14

We are going to thrash them. They have some very pacey players, but I think if we control the middle field with our technical play we clearly win by 2 goals.

Dj14

We are going to thrash them. They have some very pacey players, but I think if we control the middle field with our technical play we clearly win by 2 goals.
Wont be that easy we struggled with Palace and West Ham they have gotten stronger

BigDane

Think we should start Gabriel for this one - Koscielny has been implicated in two of the three goals against us so far, failing to block Zarate's shot and turning his back instead of blocking yesterday - rookie mistakes.

He's one of the best defenders in the league but when stuff like that happens two games in a row we need to see some action from Wenger.

samir

2-2 written all over it. Lets not underestimate our opponents, we all know what happened the last time we did that. This is going to be a cvracker of game and Theo/Ox's speed will be needed on the other flank. But Wenger will play the same eleven yet again.

- - - - - - - - - - -Cech
Bellerin - - Per - - Kos - - Monreal
- - - - - Coquelin - - Cazorla
Walcott - - - - - Özil - - - - -- Alexis
- - - - - - - - -- - Giroud

Same for me, except Ox on the right instead of Walcott.

We will most likely see Ramsey there anyway...

gunnergoa

liverpool has a better team than last year in my opinion they have made some good signing in defence they made some good signing in attack and mid field as well.....but even then i think this is the best time to play them since all this changes have yet to gel among themselves hope unlike this forum the arsenal team don't take them lightly just because we defeated them 4-0 last season we need to show up do our thing and get three points on the board

Crew

Think we should start Gabriel for this one - Koscielny has been implicated in two of the three goals against us so far, failing to block Zarate's shot and turning his back instead of blocking yesterday - rookie mistakes.

He's one of the best defenders in the league but when stuff like that happens two games in a row we need to see some action from Wenger.
Koscielny is the one you wanna drop? seriously? 2 average games and you forget the last couple of years? you forget his MOTM performance just 2 weeks ago against Chelsea in the CS? He's one of the last players i would drop, especially against Liverpool. I expect to see the same lineup as against Crystal Palace. Would prefer the Ox to start but Ramsey will probably play on the right again. Don't see Giroud being dropped for Theo with his goal against Palace.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Hard to judge until we see what shape Liverpool are in after their match tonight.

I'd like to think we can beat them. We need not to lose and take it from there. I'd be tempted to start Theo outwide and dropping Ramsey.

SiMamu

Part time Leeds fan
Hard to judge until we see what shape Liverpool are in after their match tonight.

I'd like to think we can beat them. We need not to lose and take it from there. I'd be tempted to start Theo outwide and dropping Ramsey.
Or get Chamberlain to truly introduce Joe Gomez at left back to the Premier League.

BigDane

Koscielny is the one you wanna drop? seriously? 2 average games and you forget the last couple of years? you forget his MOTM performance just 2 weeks ago against Chelsea in the CS? He's one of the last players i would drop, especially against Liverpool. I expect to see the same lineup as against Crystal Palace. Would prefer the Ox to start but Ramsey will probably play on the right again. Don't see Giroud being dropped for Theo with his goal against Palace.

If a player repeatedly makes the mistakes of a 14-year old, maybe he needs a breather and a wake-up call. I also stated he is one of the best in the league, so no I did not forget his performances. However we should pick a team based on current form too, so why should Gabriel not get to play, when he has done nothing to suggest he wouldn't be a solid choice next to Mertesacker?

Just my two cents, I know Koscielny will most likely play our next game too, however I think it's crazy how we brush off his mistakes like he is not at the very least involved in two of the three goals conceded against us.

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
I still get moments of disbelief on occasion when we do the lineups, and Özil and Alexis are in there. Its awesome.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
I didn't see the Pool play last week, will need to watch them tonight to assess the risk. Regardless, the way we're playing at the mo, there is no PL team that does not represent a danger too us. We are too sloppy and careless with our ball, which means the opposing team will get plenty of chances. We don't finish effectively, which means are matches will be hard won.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I would start Theo and Ox as well. If Özil is anywhere near as good as he was yesterday I think we'll play them off the pitch. It would be nice if he had some more runners to latch onto his passes though. Of course I'm sure it will be the same side as yesterday and a much more difficult game than necessary as a result.

Shadow Moses

Established Member
Watching City with Navas, Silva & Sterling causing so much havoc got me thinking we could be just as dangerous with Alexis, Özil & Theo/Ox. If only Arsène would stop playing CMs out wide. It literally makes our attack one-sided.

RandyMarsh

Established Member
Watching City with Navas, Silva & Sterling causing so much havoc got me thinking we could be just as dangerous with Alexis, Özil & Theo/Ox. If only Arsène would stop playing CMs out wide. It literally makes our attack one-sided.
And Aguero too! That's 3 people will devastating pace and directness. What i'd give for an Aguero at Arsenal. Incredible player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom