• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Arsenal v Liverpool- 24/08/15, 20:00. [SS1]

Status
Not open for further replies.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Pretty massive that the ref was lenient with Coquelin. Had he been red carded then it would have been worrying going into the big game against Liverpool.

Yep, thats why its so important we sign cover/rotation for him. We have no one in the squad who can do his job. Bielik maybe in a couple of years but right now, no one.

it's almost too easy to predict. We first need midfielders. More midfielders than necessary. Ran out of places for midfielders? Simple! Just stick one on the wing. Ramsey on the wing. Giroud up top, because Wenger shows undying faith in our starting striker. I've given up hoping for a changed lineup, because quite simply Wenger will persist with his lineup until it sustains multiple losses in a row, in which case he will grudgingly change it.

Lineup vs Pool:

Giroud
Alexis Özil Ramsey
Cazorla Coq
Monreal Kosmert Bellerin

My ideal lineup to rip Liverpool to shreds on the counter

Walcott
Alexis Özil Ox
Cazorla Coq

Last edited:

Bashii

Wenger is the anti-tinker man. I expect the same team as last week and for him to want this team to play themselves into good form.

Hegemony

The way I see it we either rise to the occasion and batter Liverpool, or we remain in our bad form and lose to some sloppy goals. However, this match may just be the medicine we need to kick us out of our start-of-the-season slump.
Comparing how we played against Chelsea in the CS (which was not a friendly, no matter what anyone says) to our recent games and we've looked out of shape and defensively lethargic. A challenge against a top side might reproduce the CS mentality and bring the best out of our boys.
I'd go with:

---------------Cech-------------
Bellerin---Kos---Per---Monreal
----------Coq-----Santi---------
Oxlade-------Özil------Sanchez
-------------Giroud-------------

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Watching City with Navas, Silva & Sterling causing so much havoc got me thinking we could be just as dangerous with Alexis, Özil & Theo/Ox. If only Arsène would stop playing CMs out wide. It literally makes our attack one-sided.
When City were devastating they played a 4222 with Nasri and Silver operating centrally they switched and played a 4231 and became limp but now with two actual wide players look back to their best.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
it's almost too easy to predict. We first need midfielders. More midfielders than necessary. Ran out of places for midfielders? Simple! Just stick one on the wing. Ramsey on the wing. Giroud up top, because Wenger shows undying faith in our starting striker. I've given up hoping for a changed lineup, because quite simply Wenger will persist with his lineup until it sustains multiple losses in a row, in which case he will grudgingly change it.

Lineup vs Pool:

Giroud
Alexis Özil Ramsey
Cazorla Coq
Monreal Kosmert Bellerin

My ideal lineup to rip Liverpool to shreds on the counter

Walcott
Alexis Özil Ox
Cazorla Coq

Yep that undying faith just happened to stop Giroud in our most important game last season. Logic.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Community Shield lineup + Sanchez on the left. It shouldn't be a difficult decision.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Ramsey was brilliant against Liverpool last season, managed a couple of assists. Their midfield couldn't cope with his movement off the ball, would be daft to drop him for this game.

I'm looking forward to this game, evening matches at The Emirates always provide a good buzz.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

The side that beat Palace was basically our main team last season with Cech in for Ospina.

Safe to say this is Wenger's favourite lineup, with Jack, Ox and Theo the main subs.

Cech
Bellerin Mertesacker Koscielny Monreal
Cazorla Coquelin
Ramsey Özil Alexis
Giroud​

RandyMarsh

Established Member
The side that beat Palace was basically our main team last season with Cech in for Ospina.

Safe to say this is Wenger's favourite lineup, with Jack, Ox and Theo the main subs.
Not sure about it being our main team. That line up only played 8 games out
Cech
Cazorla Coquelin
Ramsey Özil Alexis
Giroud​
That line up is miles away from winning you the league though. Agree that it's probably Wenger's favourite but its certainly not a team I'd back to win the title.

say yes

forum master baiter
That's our best XI though.

Only debate is Ramsey vs. Walcott/Chamberlain. Ramsey is the best player of the 3 but the least comfortable out wide. Swings and roundabouts.

Genuinely gutted we didn't get Schneiderlin.

RandyMarsh

Established Member
That's our best XI though.

Only debate is Ramsey vs. Walcott/Chamberlain. Ramsey is the best player of the 3 but the least comfortable out wide. Swings and roundabouts.

Genuinely gutted we didn't get Schneiderlin.
It might be all our most talented players on the pitch at the same time but it's certainly not our best team. I'd probably have Welbeck RW before I have Ramsey there.

For me our best team will always be about balance and playing people in the correct positions. And for that reason I will always give a direct winger the nod over over Ramsey. The rest of that team I agree with.

nicky47

Established Member
Cannot wait for this one, super excited for it! Needed that win against Palace to set us up nicely for this. Liverpool have made some decent signings to be fair, but I'm hoping to see what they can actually do tonight against Bournemouth... Regardless big game for me this, would really love to put them in their place and at the same time show a statement of intent from us!

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

Cech
Cazorla Coquelin
Ramsey Özil Alexis
Giroud​

Yes thats the team, Ramsey will be on the right because it works with Bellerin behind him. Bellerin has the pace to get forward so Ramsey can cut in. The reason Giroud will get the nod is that he is the only attacker with any height. Bring Ox & Theo on later to add another 3 goals to the 2 we score in the first half.

5-0

say yes

forum master baiter
@RandyMarsh
Ramsey out wide gets a lot of stick but it's worth remembering that many of our best/most fluid attacking performances last season came with him in that role:
- 4-0 Villa in the final
- 4-1 Liverpool
- 4-1 WBA (Wilshere out wide rather than Ramsey)
- 3-1 Hull
- 5-0 Villa

Results are actually pretty astonishing when you take the time to look through them. Pretty much all our biggest victories over the last 6 months have come with a CM on the RW. Maybe Wenger does know what he's doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom