• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Arsenal v Liverpool- 24/08/15, 20:00. [SS1]

Status
Not open for further replies.

arsenalhumor

I dont think we need to sacrifice any of them We dont need giroud he is wasting space and Özil would be forced to take initiative and take a shot if he was behind two strikers operating slightly wide in a 442 with either ox or Walcott

Sanchez.------Ox
--------- Özil
Caz------------ Ramsey
---------- Coq

Last edited:

Lakersgooner24

Established Member
Am I the only furious about that disallowed goal? Yes, I suppose you can say that a draw was the fair result on the balance of the match, but these games are determined by very fine margins, and that decision robbed us of all three points. The linesman even had the ****ing line on the edge of the penalty box lined up perfect for him, as if it was the offside graphic on TV, and he still blew the call.

BTW, that Cech save on Coutinho reminded me of THAT Lehmann save against Solskjaer. Absolutely immense.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐

Gary is absolutely right. We need strong powerful players to reinforce our small technicals. And Henry is right, we needed someone like Schneiderlain in the our back midfield.

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...fence-and-attack-are-issues-for-Arsène-wenger

Here Wenger says " We played quite well in the 1st half, we had chances".

This is Mourinho level delusion.

Last edited:

arsenalhumor

We played quite well at the start until our defence became a shocking liability at playing the ball out. After that i clearly felt we spend too much time in our own half trying to clean up that mess and lost impetus going forward. That is when i stopped watching. Too hard to watch us these days. The struggle is barely watcheable these days. Will be back when we have either signed somebody or made a 442 formation change. I am also starting wonder if Özil is really the player we need or should we get a false 9 that both can replace giroud and Özil

infineon

Established Member
There is an obvious lack of team planning and strategy. There is plenty of quality and ability but the whole game plan seems to be to let the players work it out for themselves on the pitch. When it works, it's amazing, when it doesn't, well, we just look dire like last night.

We play like individuals not a team. Everyone has a free role. They can be on the left-right-middle. No shape. No structure. No discipline. If we played like a team, there would be one less pass, one more penetrating run and importantly, more goals.

Wenger has to make a decision. Who does he want to build this Arsenal side around? I am not sure he knows and my only worry is he cannot pick those 2-3 key players because he knows deep down that each player lacks something crucial.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Watching Chambers today reminded me of the days of Djourou and Squillaci, an absolute atrocity. He looked a sunday leaguer at times. Very disappointed.

Other than that gutted that Giroud couldn't get on the end of a few of those tap-ins and Rambo's clearly onside was ruled off by that bellend of a linesman.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Disappointing result but nonetheless our best performance so far in the League this season. Huge individual errors nearly costed us, if it wasn't for a brilliant Cech at the back. Up front we created many chances but wasted too many of them.

First half went to Pool, second half to us so a draw seems a fair result. It's obvious to me that we need one more addition up front, Giroud looks nowhere near fit enough to me, we can't rely on him.

IchirotoV2

Almost home from the night out, and the only thing I can think about regarding this match is we might as well play Ransey up front. He's always there anyway.

#kneejerk

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
There is no point in having an array of options if you don't have a manager who knows how to use them and who is strong enough to drop certain players for certain games. My main problem with this team is its mentality. They required a rollicking at half time to start playing football. Is that the fault of the manager for not instilling the players with the right mentality at the start of the game? Or are the players simply incapable of turning up on a consistant basis?

Why do we wait so long to change things? Cazorla was clearly having a bad game. He couldn't handle the physical aspect of Liverpool and was constantly losing the ball. Why didn't Ramsey move into the middle sooner? Why bring Ox on with 10 minutes to go? Why bring Walcott on and completely kill off any chance of a late goal. Without Giroud we can't go long and we can't cross. Two things you need at the end of a match.

Coquelin and Cech literally saved us losing the match and offensively Özil and Sanchez stood out. At the end of the day it was important we didn't lose, but I don't have much confidence in Wenger to do the right thing in terms of selection. Ox needs to be playing. We need what his game offers. You play againSt a team with a 18 year old centre back at left back who's right footed and you leave your winger on the bench? Ox would have ripped him to pieces. I expect to see the same line up next game and the same issues.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Yeah, but we're not playing football manager unfortunately.

If we want Vidal and Benz we can get them regardless, one of the last players you want to get rid of is Santi because there isn't a lot better out there.
Football manager? Nothing like football manager. Madrid and Barcelona do it every season, sell players who are fantastic but ultimately on the fringes, add to their budget and buy in a starter that makes the difference. If our squad is too big you have to sell if we don't have enough money for our targets you sell.
Be glad you're not a Scouser then.
At least he'd have seen a champions league win.

@The_Playmaker for me when chasing we have to go 442. Giroud and Sanchez up top, our two top goal scorers, a big man for the long ball or crosses and Sanchez for his individual brilliance. Theo and Ox outwide for what they bring, Theo the goals and the ability to stretch , the Ox and his individual skills and work rate play Ramsey and Coquelin in the middle. If we are going to throw the kitchen sink and go for games we may as well go about it in the right way.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Apparently our shot to goal rate is 2%, absolutely shocking but also something that surely can't continue?

General

Established Member
Don't swallow all the crap coming out from the media about us needing this and that. Any team would struggle to play cohesive football with the CB pairing. It created uncertainty throughout the team and a patten evolved from here onwards. Link between defence and midfield completely broke down and gave Liverpool confidence. But as someone mentioned above, we legitimately had the ball in the net and these games are decided on fine margins.

fabo

6.51 / 10
We've been found out again.

Always have a purple patch in every season that causes Wenger/deluded fans to overrate us, start with big intentions but we have no right to be talked about as genuine title challengers. Have sustained one challenge getting 80+ pts in 11 years and consistently fail to address weaknesses in the transfer window.

Unbalanced team, first eleven lacks quality of the top sides, midfield is an abomination right now, pace not there up front and when we do bring it on, it can't control a ball.

We'll be fine for Top 4, us or United in 3/4th, give or take a point or two.

LOL @ the winning the premier league title delusions some of our fans had in the beginning of this season, especially with these sets of clowns we have as players. When you dream deluded, the wake up calls are the harshest.

Now on to challenging for the trophy that really matters for Arsène.

0960127.jpg

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

Ive seen enough from the end of last season and the start of this one to know the league is out of our reach again. It's like ****ing groundhog Day. We need a fresh approach and new ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom