• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Arsenal v Liverpool- 24/08/15, 20:00. [SS1]

Status
Not open for further replies.

StrangerThanParadise

How many times recently at home does Wenger bring off Giroud for Walcott. Very bizarre imo. He's done this a few times against teams that are defending deep against us Swansea, Chelsea, Liverpool now. Just don't see what Walcott is going to offer over Giroud, no chance of any crosses hitting anyone and we're never gonna win a goal kick in the air.

pikey2000

I'm not suggesting we will win the league but we drew with Liverpool and had a genuine goal unfairly disallowed, yes we were poor at the back but out WC keeper saved us, on another day Cech does exactly what we purchased him for, the goal stands and we take the points.

Chelsea level with us on points currently have had an equallly slow start to the season so i suppose they have no chance to win the league as well?

ScotVieira

Established Member
I'm not suggesting we will win the league but we drew with Liverpool and had a genuine goal unfairly disallowed, yes we were poor at the back but out WC keeper saved us, on another day Cech does exactly what we purchased him for, the goal stands and we take the points.

Chelsea level with us on points currently have had an equallly slow start to the season so i suppose they have no chance to win the league as well?
The gaps still have to be identified though.
I'd rather have Welbeck than Giroud at this point.
Giroud was the missing link!

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
The first half was so awful and thanks to Cech we were still in the game at the 2nd half we turn it around very well and owned Liverpool we should win the game to be honest. the weird thing about our team is they won the hardest game against Crystal Palace and drop points at home.

Oh the Referees are seriously need to sort themselves out how Ramsey goal was disallowed?

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Gabriel is very good defender very good buy from Arsène i hope one we will see Kosh and Gabriel play together.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

sP70Ob3.jpg

Look at this and then wonder why we score so few goals.

Giroud is never going to be able to do anything if he gets the ball, other than try a fancy flick which will come off one in a hundred times. Özil and Alexis just standing still, instead of making runs and offering options. Santi is the only making a run, but he is easily marked, since that is not his strength and he isn't very quick or strong.

All packed together trying to do the impossible with some cute little flicks that rarely, very rarely come off. No one making runs, no one offering width. It's a ****ing travesty and we've seen it for years now.

pikey2000

The gaps still have to be identified though.
I'd rather have Welbeck than Giroud at this point.
Giroud was the missing link!

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying the league is ours and we are faultless it just annoys me that we are being written off after a patchy start when last years champions and for many the best team in hte league have been poor as well.

Doesnt detract from the fact I would still like to see a top CB, CM and CF come into the squad for no other reason than just to show we mean business BUT I just don't see it happening for us in this window

MrBump

Yep Giroud gets a bashing, but just look at the photo...... Same with Özil, so much crowded space.
Thought Wenger had changed his tactics, but nup, let's just try and pass in the arc of frustration until something happens.
All we do is play against all our key players' strengths....

So fckn frustrating.

pikey2000

sP70Ob3.jpg

Giroud is never going to be able to do anything if he gets the ball, other than try a fancy flick which will come off one in a hundred times. Özil and Alexis just standing still, instead of making runs and offering options. Santi is the only making a run, but he is easily marked, since that is not his strength and he isn't very quick or strong.

All packed together trying to do the impossible with some cute little flicks that rarely, very rarely come off. No one making runs, no one offering width. It's a ****ing travesty and we've seen it for years now.

This is what happens when you have Sanchez wide left who cuts in and Ramsey wide right who cuts in, you end up with congestion in the centre and the tippy tappy eye of the needle stuff we try which comes off now and again, in theory your full backs provide the width which i dont really understand as i would rather have my wide offensive players doing the attacking and the wide defensive players defending :)

Want to see OX get a run of games wide right to give us some width, even if its at the expense of Ramsey getting game time.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
The problem with Ox he give the ball away too much just like Alexis in some games that's why Arsène is not starting him.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
sP70Ob3.jpg

We have seen it for years. We have attempted to go through the middle to no avail at times. That is how we play. It's our style. It is flawed like every style. For example if you force City wide they can't cross the ball into the box. They play through the middle like us. The problem yesterday was not movement and definitely wasn't creating chances. We created two clear cut opportunities. Not half chances. Clear chances that should be converted from 5 yards through completely dissecting the opposition using perfect interplay and movement. You have no argument. We didn't need width yesterday as we successfully went through the middle. The problem is that Giroud cannot create space for a shot by himself. That is his main limitation even though people cite his pace as the primary one. We play intricate football that requires a forward who is nimble on his feet in the area. Nimble enough to get a shot off with either foot. Skillful enough to perform a drag back. Someone who can beat a man with skill not pace. We need that with the ability to hold the ball up and occupy bother centre halves. We don't have that right now. It also isn't available.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
That picture above displays what happens when you have two lefties, Santi and Özil, in midfield, coupled with Monreal behind and a free-role for Ramsey.

It's far too crowded there to achieve anything. Unless we start stretching our/the game a bit nothing will change, regardless of Giroud playing up front, or Thierry Henry.

MrBump

The problem with Ox he give the ball away too much just like Alexis in some games that's why Arsène is not starting him.
I don't care if he loses the ball, atleast he loses it when he trying something !
What's the point in holding the ball when you do nothing withit !
Let's use the whole fcking pitch !!

WurzlSepp

Has No Chill
That picture above displays what happens when you have two lefties, Santi and Özil, in midfield, coupled with Monreal behind and a free-role for Ramsey.

It's far too crowded there to achieve anything. Unless we start stretching our/the game a bit nothing will change, regardless of Giroud playing up front, or Thierry Henry.

I don't think so. One big problem is Giroud's immobility. A friend of mine (who is a Bayern fan) watched the game yesterday and he said our striker is to slow so that no throughballs can be played in between the defenders, which makes our attack kinda toothless.
Imo he was spot on about that.

Özil had a superb performance, but no one to really attack the space in front of him to set up.

pikey2000

We have seen it for years. We have attempted to go through the middle to no avail at times. That is how we play. It's our style. It is flawed like every style. For example if you force City wide they can't cross the ball into the box. They play through the middle like us. The problem yesterday was not movement and definitely wasn't creating chances. We created two clear cut opportunities. Not half chances. Clear chances that should be converted from 5 yards through completely dissecting the opposition using perfect interplay and movement. You have no argument. We didn't need width yesterday as we successfully went through the middle. The problem is that Giroud cannot create space for a shot by himself. That is his main limitation even though people cite his pace as the primary one. We play intricate football that requires a forward who is nimble on his feet in the area. Nimble enough to get a shot off with either foot. Skillful enough to perform a drag back. Someone who can beat a man with skill not pace. We need that with the ability to hold the ball up and occupy bother centre halves. We don't have that right now. It also isn't available.

All true and on another day Ramseys goal stands and we don't have this discussion at all, thats football i guess.

I still feel the side would have more options offensively if we had width on the right with Ox rather than two wide men who want to cut in.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
I don't think so. One big problem is Giroud's immobility. A friend of mine (who is a Bayern fan) watched the game yesterday and he said our striker is to slow so that no throughballs can be played in between the defenders, which makes our attack kinda toothless.
Imo he was spot on about that.

Özil had a superb performance, but no one to really attack the space in front of him to set up.

If that was the only problem in our setup, Theo would've already solved it. He did nothing after coming on though, not for the first time.

I agree, a more pacy striker up front surely wouldn't hurt us, but against deep and packed defenses, he's of no use either.

Özil was indeed good, he's not the problem. It's our tendency to needlessly narrow down the Premier League's largest pitch.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Mmhmjjh uh.

Just brought in Pedro who got them level with us, still expect them to add Stones and potentially Pogba.

We need to see who we add but their signing has already made the difference.

They've also been over the distance before, we haven't.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Don't swallow all the crap coming out from the media about us needing this and that. Any team would struggle to play cohesive football with the CB pairing. It created uncertainty throughout the team and a patten evolved from here onwards. Link between defence and midfield completely broke down and gave Liverpool confidence. But as someone mentioned above, we legitimately had the ball in the net and these games are decided on fine margins.
So what happened against West Ham? Everyone bar Wilshere and Welbeck were available. We were as sterile as my uncles ball sack.

RandyMarsh

Established Member
sP70Ob3.jpg

Exactly! That is exactly how we set up the entire match. It's awful. Absolutely horrible shape.

How can we expect to be an effective attacking team when we only use one side of the pitch ffs.

Right there you need Bellerin and our RW stretching their left side of defence over to the other side of the pitch, to create space in the middle. No one makes any decent runs either, to move their defence around. It' all so static and too central. And it starts with Wenger's instructions to Ramsey.

It's embarrassing.

WurzlSepp

Has No Chill
If that was the only problem in our setup, Theo would've already solved it. He did nothing after coming on though, not for the first time.

I agree, a more pacy striker up front surely wouldn't hurt us, but against deep and packed defenses, he's of no use either.

Özil was indeed good, he's not the problem. It's our tendency to needlessly narrow down the Premier League's largest pitch.

Imo Theo is NOT a striker and never will be, he has only one trick and that is his speed.
Play him on the wing or don't play him at all.

I don't understand the Ramsey on the wing thing at all as i don't the stupid "pass it around their box" system which slows down everything so that they can come back and build a human wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom