• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Arsenal v Liverpool- 24/08/15, 20:00. [SS1]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
478776_orig.jpg

Big game early in the season, we host Liverpool. They'll be hoping to avenge their last defeat here, when we beat them 4-1. We've a good record against Liverpool at The Emirates, they'll come here and try to play which will suit us nicely.

Reckon we'll see the same team that beat Palace;

Cech
Bellerin Mert Kos Monreal
Coquelin Cazorla
Sanchez Özil Ramsey
Giroud

Subs: Ospina, Gabriel, Debuchy, Gibbs, Arteta, Chamberlain, Walcott.

If memory serves this is the first game we played Ramsey out wide and it worked a treat. But that was largely due to the fact that Liverpool were playing with 3 at the back, they've now reverted to a back four with the signings of Gomez and Clyne.

Fancy us to do them, Kos usually does well against Benteke and their attack lacks genuine pace. 3-0. Giroud, Alexis and Ramsey with the goals.

COYG!

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

We need to win this, think we will as well after our last home game. Alexis will score and we'll just about edge it I think, 3-1.

blaze_of_glory

We should know by now how to overrun this bunch. They can't play with us when we're on our game. If we don't win this it'll be down to us, not them.

Nyctophobia

Established Member
Would like to see Ramsey and Giroud dropped from the starting 11 and Walcott and Ox in place of them - unlikely to happen though.

I imagine both of them would make lots of trouble for Pool, I don't think they cope well with pacy, explosive players, Bellerin to start as well for sure, did a number on them in that 4-1

fabo

6.51 / 10
Same team I'd say. I'd like to replace Giroud but he is the only ST in the squad at the minute, until Welbeck returns or we buy.

RandyMarsh

Established Member
The usual back 5.
Coquelin Cazorla
Ox Özil Alexis
Theo

Gonna keep repeating this line up every week untill it gets played haha

But agree with the OP that we will probably see the same team again. That team did run them ragged last season so it won't be the end of the world. Just love seeing us with pace and directness.

Massive game for us. Gonna go with 2-1 to the Arsenal.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
I think AW will go with Theo for this one. If we had a big DM to help us with set pieces, it wouldnt even be questionable

RandyMarsh

Established Member
Is Bellerin that bad of a defender he needs Ramsey babysitting him? The same Ramsey who is pretty much always in the centre of the pitch anyway?

Let's not forget how well we played with Bellerin and Ox on the right last season. They were used together a number of times. Most notably City away, which was our best defensive performance of the season.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Hard to predict how they'll lineup with all their new players and a week to go, so they may get injuries, but the following seems likely:

Mignolet
Clyne Skrtel Lovren Moreno
Milner Henderson
Firmino Coutinho Lallana
Benteke
After last season I think they'll sit deep and try and get us on the counter.

Last edited:

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Can't see any changes being made, hopefully another week makes that much quicker. Had he been sharper today it would of been 2/3-0 before Palace had scored.

ferrarif50hunt

Established Member
- - - - - - - - - - -Cech
Bellerin - - Per - - Kos - - Monreal
- - - - - Coquelin - - Cazorla
Walcott - - - - - Özil - - - - -- Alexis
- - - - - - - - -- - Giroud

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
Need to start Theo. Love Giroud, but this is the type of game that Theo will thrive in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom