• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Arsenal v West Brom - 21/4/16, 19:45

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I'm not sure Giroud's performance yesterday would make Wenger think the CF position is fine to be honest. :lol:

It may have convinced him that the majority of the players who played yesterday will be good enough to start the next season. In fact perhaps it's convinced him maybe a DM (Xhaka) and one forward would right the wrongs of this season and gamble on the rest of the areas that need strengthening.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Was Gabriel dropped or suspended?

I don't get Wenger, is he going to keep swapping Per and Gabriel and hope one is less **** than the other?

Same with Giroud and Danny.

Sign some ****ing players ffs.

He said not so long ago that the decision in terms of choosing between those two is "very close" and depends on the opponent. Citing Per's ability in the air and Gabriel's pace as the deciding factor based on the opponent. He said this after the West Ham game saying he started Gabriel expecting Sakho to start up front and not Carroll. I'm not sure if yesterday's decision was based on WBA or the fact that Gabriel was poor vs West Ham and Palace so reverted back to his trusty lieutenant Mertesacker. All in all I'm not sure if he's convinced by either at this moment, and rightly so. Whether that forces his hand in the summer is another.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
I'm not sure Giroud's performance yesterday would make Wenger think the CF position is fine to be honest. :lol:

It may have convinced him that the majority of the players who played yesterday will be good enough to start the next season. In fact perhaps it's convinced him maybe a DM (Xhaka) and one forward would right the wrongs of this season and gamble on the rest of the areas that need strengthening.

You're assuming that Wenger sees what you see. Since Giroud has arrived when has he convinced anyone that he is good enough? Wenger will see his 3 or 4 knockdowns, a few quick passes in the final third as essential for the team as we won the game and we were decent offesively. He will view the shot that hit off the keepers head as a goal on another day. If you think about it you know that is what he is likely thinking...he can't see the wood for the trees anymore.

I wouldn't hold my breath for anything in a midfield position in the summer. He had Coquelin brought on as a sub and started the game with two box to box midfielders with Wilshere also to come back. If he had a billion to spend yeah sure he'd improve the whole team but he doesn't so this Summer is lucky dip time. He'll wait for the euros to finish to see if 1) there are any players he missed 2) nobody gets injured... queue the inevitable increase in prices which means that we wont spend because there isn't value... maybe there will be someone out there we get but I can't be as optimistic as you are right now

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

He said not so long ago that the decision in terms of choosing between those two is "very close" and depends on the opponent. Citing Per's ability in the air and Gabriel's pace as the deciding factor based on the opponent. He said this after the West Ham game saying he started Gabriel expecting Sakho to start up front and not Carroll.

He's a ****ing.... Sigh. How come we know an hour before the game that Caroll plays and are thinking its a big problem and Wenger sticks with Gabriel? Just swap them before the game? And please don't come to me with stupid rules, players get injured in warm up all the time. If he ****ing knew that Gabriel-Sakho and Per-Caroll were the right pairings....how come he did not act on it?!

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Sadly you are spot on with that. Groundhog day here we come again...

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I'd personally pass the status on to @SA Gunner if he wants it.

As long as you stay in some capacity, it's all ok. I reckon 7 or 8 members of this site are going to end up in psychiatric institutions come next season, so we need all the sane people we can get on here.

Thanks for the vote of confidence guys, but if I had to be a mod in these parts, it would mark an abrupt end for a few on here :lol:

I'd never thought I'd say this, but I miss AntG. Would be great if he came back.

Hope you stick around @celestis . You doing a great job mate.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Thanks for the vote of confidence guys, but if I had to be a mod in these parts, it would mark an abrupt end for a few on here :lol:

I'd never thought I'd say this, but I miss AntG. Would be great if he came back.

Hope you stick around @celestis . You doing a great job mate.

Nah not going anywhere but we'll need more mods regardless. Yeah would be good if Ant was still here .

BobP

Memri Fan
I'm wondering if the stadium build is conducive for a great atmosphere.

Some other new stadiums in other countries you feel the fans are on top of the play, Emirates is like a ****ing supermarket.

This is a good point and have often though about it, you want everything close and compact to enhance the atmosphere, fans on top of each other, right next to the pitch.

It is said that the atmosphere at Highbury wasn't much better but it was still an improvement on our current stadium because of its tight, compact build.

adpree

This is a good point and have often though about it, you want everything close and compact to enhance the atmosphere, fans on top of each other, right next to the pitch.

It is said that the atmosphere at Highbury wasn't much better but it was still an improvement on our current stadium because of its tight, compact build.

Last I watched a game at the Emirates was a few years back. My better half was on one of the seats closer to the pitch and my seat was on one of the upper stands. I told her after that game that it was such a charged atmosphere up there with the singing and cheers and she said it felt like a concert below. Little noise or cheering. I dunno if it's changed now.

kopzilla

Always Negative
Gdeep lives in Bangladesh, his real name is Gurdeep. It's a known fact around these parts.

My 2 cents...Gurdeep is a Punjabi name..it is unlikely that Sikhs would live in Bangladesh..he could probably be in the US, Canada, India or in the UK.

The way he writes..it doesn't feel like he lives anywhere in Asia...maybe a Brit-Asian.right @GDeep?

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

My 2 cents...Gurdeep is a Punjabi name..it is unlikely that Sikhs would live in Bangladesh..he could probably be in the US, Canada, India or in the UK.

The way he writes..it doesn't feel like he lives anywhere in Asia...maybe a Brit-Asian.right @GDeep?

His mother is Bengali , his father in Punjabi. He was born in the lowlands of southern Bangladesh whilst his parents were visiting his mother's family.

kopzilla

Always Negative
His mother is Bengali , his father in Punjabi. He was born in the lowlands of southern Bangladesh whilst his parents were visiting his mother's family.

How do you know..has he said it on the forum?

He does write like a Brit...maybe an immigrant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom