• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL | Arsenal vs Brighton & Hove Albion F.C. | 1st October 12:00 (BST) | BT Sport

Result of the match ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
The lack of goals isn't as worring as the clear chances we're conceding. I know it's a clean sheet but watching our defence I just think that better teams will score against us. Watford and Everton away are tougher fixtures than our last few.

LacaNewSigning

Watford and Everton away will show us if this team has really learned anything recently (looking at you ramsey and xhaka), or if the Chelsea game was just a fluke

blaze_of_glory

Just watched the game. Pretty dull affair due to Brighton's approach. They made it very frustrating but at least we won.

Lacazette very unlucky not to get a brace thanks to the post and the best game that Dunk guy will ever play.

Iwobi was good, but I thought Monreal was our best player overall. And would really have liked Wilshere to come on for Iwobi instead of Theo, who was useless.

Ref gets less than zero, one of the worst officiated games I've ever seen. Honestly I'm not convinced he made a correct call all game. Shocking display that made a boring game even worse to watch. Should be fired if there is any justice in the world.

Theo, who was useless.
yep. I thought he would stay out wide to get passes allowing him to either cut inside,like the old days, or cross to our striker(s). But no the prat decided to 'mark' their defender 10m from the touchline. So balls to him were few and those that tried saw him cut out easily by the giant defender. His pace might be slower, but his brain has gone walkabout.

RUS arsenal

Established Member
Sigh, what are people complaining about? The game was over and the subs were mainly about getting fresh legs out and improving aerial defense as well as conserving fitness of Laca who is still new to the prem and Iwobi who returned from injury... Wilshere played midweek so it was better not to risk him.

Now we need to keep this up on the road as well.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
It was between Monreal and Kolasinac for the MOTM for me both of whom have been our best and most consistent players so far this season. Iwobi and Mustafi also had decent games.

For them Dunk impressed me today.

LacaNewSigning

Yup....

These are matches we should be winning.
Yep, but Lord knows we can't handle pressure. Last year away at Everton we are comfortably leading 1-0 and top of the table or thereabouts, then throw the lead away in the second half once the fans started to heat up and get behind the home team

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Yep, but Lord knows we can't handle pressure. Last year away at Everton we are comfortably leading 1-0 and top of the table or thereabouts, then throw the lead away in the second half once the fans started to heat up and get behind the home team
That's why I think these 2 games will be an acid test for the team. Come through them unscathed and we can start putting a decent season ahead of us before NOVEMBERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRgggghhh

Aevi

Hale End FC
I finally got around to watching the game at the 70 min mark, only to see Lacazette getting subbed off. When will that bollocks end, it's doing my bloody head in. We've paid 50 mil for this guy only to see him already be dropped once in the PL, not feature in the cup squads, and be subbed off early in all but one of the games he has even played in. What is he even here for, honestly? I want to see him get proper gametime, playing against tired defenses and developing some cohesion with the team. Wenger needs to stop with these antics, top clubs don't do this. They just... don't.

Aevi

Hale End FC
This goes back to Wenger and his values. Trying to accommodate as many players as possible and keeping everyone, especially his favorites, happy. It's nice and respectable but I find it somewhat detrimental to our title challenge. The important players need to stay on the pitch.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Yeah I don't believe that , Lacazette isn't ready to play full 90 for us . His performance visibly drops off as the match goes on and that's every match he has played . Not buying this favourites thing don't remember him subbing Sanchez or even Walcott for Giroud .

Aevi

Hale End FC
Yeah I don't believe that , Lacazette isn't ready to play full 90 for us .
I just don't understand how that's possible. He's a professional athlete playing one intense match a week. Some of the other strikers have no problem playing 90 mins after being involved in additional midweek matches, so why is Lacazette struggling so much more? He may not be as physically capable as some of the other players but he isn't, or at least shouldn't, be asked to scrap with defenders all game anyways. Even if he is visibly tiring, it's natural, all players slow down a little. I still reckon he's going to do best with a chance if it presents itself.
Not buying this favourites thing don't remember him subbing Sanchez or even Walcott for Giroud .
Fair enough, maybe calling him out on having favorites is harsh here, but I still feel he's trying too hard to accommodate players evenly. Thus far Lacazette has delivered what we expect of him, so why is he being rotated around so much? It feels like things are being overcomplicated.

I'm probably overreacting here... I was just so excited to finally have an undisputed starting star striker and we're still not quite there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom