• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL | Arsenal vs Brighton & Hove Albion F.C. | 1st October 12:00 (BST) | BT Sport

Result of the match ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I just don't understand how that's possible. He's a professional athlete playing one intense match a week. Some of the other strikers have no problem playing 90 mins after being involved in additional midweek matches, so why is Lacazette struggling so much more? He may not be as physically capable as some of the other players but he isn't, or at least shouldn't, be asked to scrap with defenders all game anyways. Even if he is visibly tiring, it's natural, all players slow down a little. I still reckon he's going to do best with a chance if it presents itself.

Fair enough, maybe calling him out on having favorites is harsh here, but I still feel he's trying too hard to accommodate players evenly. Thus far Lacazette has delivered what we expect of him, so why is he being rotated around so much? It's like things are being overcomplicated.

I'm probably overreacting here... I was just so excited to finally have an undisputed starting star striker and we're still not quite there.

Not meaning he isn't fit enough Aevius , just mean his actual involvment in the game drops off for whatever reason can't see it lasting forever but there is an adaptation process with a new league .

pacstud

If the plan is to bring a player out at time X, then that player would most likely pace themselves accordingly.

skip spence

Today [Alexis] was crap apart from a few good things but I still want him in the team because he can win you a game at any moment.

Has he played well this season.....no effing way, he's been diabolical by his high standards. Hopefully that changes soon. In fact it will need to change soon if we're to do anything this season.

MoTM today, someone's having a laugh.
Mate, if you made a quick poll amongst the Brighton players in the second half "if you can take any Arsenal player off the pitch, who would it be?" I bet most, if not all, would pick Alexis.

The man was an absolute menace as usual, although not everything came off for him. He can certainly raise his game another level or three though, on that I agree.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I'd take Bergkamp over Özil in a heartbeat man. Assists & goals always beats just assists.
I had asked this elsewhere but it is weird that Giroud seems to benefit more from Özil than any other players... when it should have been someone like Walcott.
Ramsey - Giroud partnership is within my expectation. Giroud - Walcott is possible in 2012. But Özil - Giroud is just not what I expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom