• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL | Arsenal vs Liverpool | 14th of August at 16:00 (GMT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
On the human spectrum of football skills, you've somehow become confused. He's a talented player who's come through a difficult and rigorous vetting process, it's us armchair fans on our computers who are rubbish.
Self righteous horse ****.

Johnny_Blaze

Established Member
Love the way The Ox is always looking at the ground while running with the ball and is unable to spot a pass five yards away.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Find it funny that the FA decided to hand us such a tricky opener.

Not into conspiracy theories at all, but with Wenger dragging our transfer business to the very last days of the window yet again, these tough opening fixtures aren't really welcome.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
I will go with

----------------------Cech-------------------------
Bellerin-Holding-Chambers-Monreal
--------------Elneny----Xhaka-----------------
Ox------------------Cazorla--------------Iwobi
------------------------Alexis-----------------

People who want Ramsey in the team considering our CMs and wingers form baffle me.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Find it funny that the FA decided to hand us such a tricky opener.

Not into conspiracy theories at all, but with Wenger dragging our transfer business to the very last days of the window yet again, these tough opening fixtures aren't really welcome.

It's the FA's fault that Wenger is dithering?

HK_Gooner

Obviously the Griezmann-Mustafi comment was a joke but I find it highly unlikely that Wenger would start anybody not currently on the roster against Liverpool. Even if they completed a transfer by Thursday by some miracle, you don't just start someone who hasn't ever practiced with the team.

If you're Wenger, the real decision is whether you want to go -
1) Bellerin-Nacho-Chamber/Holding-Gibbs or
2) Bellerin-Chambers-Holding-Nacho

I don't see any way he doesn't start Gibbs in this scenario, purely based on experience and familiarity with his system. Likely his only choice is to pick between Holding and Chambers for the other CB spot, and I would favor Chambers (again, experience w/ the team).

I do think he will provide adequate cover for his CBs by starting two defensive-minded CMs over someone like Ramsey in the double pivot. Xhaka is nailed on, so likely he will pick El-Neny or Le Coq as added defensive cover.

That leaves four attacking positions. I don't see Alexis or Walcott sitting. I don't think Akpom makes the cut here. The 10 will either be Cazorla or Ramsey, depending on fitness/match sharpness. It's possible they both start and Ramsey goes on the wing, but doubtful based on what we're hearing.

The other slot will be Iwobi or Ox, depending on where Wenger wants to put Alexis. If he covers RW with Alexis/Walcott, then I'm going with Iwobi on the left. If he wants Alexis on the left and Walcott at striker, he may put Ox in on the right. My best guess is Iwobi starts.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Cech
Bellerin Chambers Monreal Gibbs
Xhaka ElNeny
Ramsey
Walcott Alexis Iwobi

Even if we sign a CB I think we will still see that back five. I went for Walcott over Ox because I can see Liverpool swarm us for the first fifteen/twenty minutes it should give us plenty of opportunities to exploit Walcott's pace with Xhaka and Eleneny's long range passing. Tough decision leaving Cazorla out but think that front four is our own effective press.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
No way AW would rush Kosc back knowing he already lost 2 CB's. He will be careful with him.
Who will start then? No idea at all, at least not yet

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The only problem I really see is the Liverpool pressing. if we can get around their press (the mids should be fine), we should be fine.

To get around their press: Cazorla should play if he can, Ramsey does not know how to escape a press. Alexis to play CF so he doesn't cost us with his miscontrols.

carlito'sway

Established Member
The only problem I really see is the Liverpool pressing. if we can get around their press (the mids should be fine), we should be fine.

To get around their press: Cazorla should play if he can, Ramsey does not know how to escape a press. Alexis to play CF so he doesn't cost us with his miscontrols.

Seriously, I can't understand that, with Özil out, folks would even think about sitting Santi.

Prawn Sandwich

I will go with

----------------------Cech-------------------------
Bellerin-Holding-Chambers-Monreal
--------------Elneny----Xhaka-----------------
Ox------------------Cazorla--------------Iwobi
------------------------Alexis-----------------

People who want Ramsey in the team considering our CMs and wingers form baffle me.

Are we posting ideas we want to see, or ideas we expect to see?

I have Ramsey wide in my line-up, but I went with the latter idea.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Self righteous horse ****.
Woah there, not having that . . . you're the one saying players stink and are rubbish. The self righteous horse sh*t part was right, but it's definitely whiffing from your direction.

Lighten up, we beat ManC in a game that had many positives.

Last edited:

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Seriously, I can't understand that, with Özil out, folks would even think about sitting Santi.
can't sit out Santi because we wont have any creativity then.

Santi destroyed City last season with a few turns that left them on their backsides. he spins his way out of trouble in a way that only Wilshere can (and he is injured).

Santi's passing is breathtaking. his long balls to the flanks constantly require the opposition to shift their players.

unless El-Nenny/Ramsey suddenly discovers long passing, or Wilsh comes back, I would say it is imperative that Santi plays.

if you have Walcott and Alexis in your team, we need extra passers to accomodate them.

HK_Gooner

can't sit out Santi because we wont have any creativity then.

Santi destroyed City last season with a few turns that left them on their backsides. he spins his way out of trouble in a way that only Wilshere can (and he is injured).

Santi's passing is breathtaking. his long balls to the flanks constantly require the opposition to shift their players.

unless El-Nenny/Ramsey suddenly discovers long passing, or Wilsh comes back, I would say it is imperative that Santi plays.

if you have Walcott and Alexis in your team, we need extra passers to accomodate them.

I think the general consensus is that Santi will play if fit. Wenger has already said he might not make it, even though he played a full 90. That's why people are hedging and saying it might be Ramsey playing the 10.

No question that Santi is needed more than Ramsey based on who else we are playing in attack against Liverpool. If Giroud was playing, you could possibly make a case for Ramsey. Giroud is good at knocking the ball down and hitting runners. Ramsey is much better than Santi at making runs through the defense (obviously).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom