• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Arsenal vs. Manchester United - 4/10/15 - 4:00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saikung

Just wondering, would it be more difficult to win the match if cazorla was marked properly by 2/3 players instead of schwensteiger's failure to pressure him?

Great result for us but tactical disaster for man united as i feel if u pressure santi in his own half due to his lack of strength, it always open up spaces for the opposition

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
Just wondering, would it be more difficult to win the match if cazorla was marked properly by 2/3 players instead of schwensteiger's failure to pressure him?

Great result for us but tactical disaster for man united as i feel if u pressure santi in his own half due to his lack of strength, it always open up spaces for the opposition
LVG got his line up wrong,imo. Don't think Carrick and Schweinsteiger can play together. There was no athleticism in the middle going forward and running back.

fabo

6.51 / 10
But managers make mistakes. Wenger sees our lads in training every day and yet he's been picking unbalanced sides most weeks this season.

ScotVieira

Established Member
Yes, managers are human and they can make mistakes.

To think that we know better than Wenger in terms of team selection does take the biscuit though; especially because he is the guy who watches them daily and knows their strengths and weaknesses.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Schneiderlin had to start for United. LVG got it wrong.

Great. The myth(even after his rubbish performances) that Schneiderlin is a good footballer continues.

What exactly could he have done? We murdered them in the first 20 minutes, they couldn't pass it out of their own half with better passers than Schneiderlin.

Our second goal came off one of their long balls because they had no clue what to do with the ball. Schneiderlin's distribution is beyond average and levels behind Carrick's and Schweinsteiger's, so he would just have contributed further to their cluelessness.

We're better in every way than United, we've shown that for a few games now.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Our league form has been really good. Excellent really. I mean that win at Leicester should have been a bit of a marker coming into the Man Utd game considering how they had been beating everyone up until that point.

But given the CL game went and, I think especially, the fact that it was Man Utd, it makes sense that people wouldn't be all that confident. Years of losing to them, even when everything else was going pretty well sometimes, is hard to shake. I know I was ****ting bricks the entire second half, even though we were comfortable, because I couldn't shake the feeling they would somehow come back.

But we've now won two of our last three against them and drawn the third, at their place. Under Van Gaal Man Utd has only beaten us once in four games (unless I'm forgetting a game somewhere), and it was a game where we opened them up at the start and probably should have been up a few early exactly like last weekend. Whatever blockage we had when playing them is gone it seems.

Put it this way Blaze, the way we came out of the blocks smacked off we are better than these let's put them in their place .

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

To think that we know better than Wenger in terms of team selection does take the biscuit though; especially because he is the guy who watches them daily and knows their strengths and weaknesses.

The other thing was Ospina was lauded over the summer for his performances in goal for Colombia by pundits across a few channels . You would expect him to catch a ball .

fabo

6.51 / 10
Great. The myth(even after his rubbish performances) that Schneiderlin is a good footballer continues.

What exactly could he have done? We murdered them in the first 20 minutes, they couldn't pass it out of their own half with better passers than Schneiderlin.

Our second goal came off one of their long balls because they had no clue what to do with the ball. Schneiderlin's distribution is beyond average and levels behind Carrick's and Schweinsteiger's, so he would just have contributed further to their cluelessness.

We're better in every way than United, we've shown that for a few games now.

Schneiderlin is good but we would have won regardless. Still, how Van Gaal thought 2 old midfielders was the way to go is beyond me.

fabo

6.51 / 10

So, let's accept everything Wenger does?

Or critique the man who hasn't go us near a league title in 11 years?

We're out of the CL already aswell.

It's not like Wenger has been knocking it out of the park with his transfers, selections, subs. Doing just about enough I would say rather than getting us to perform above our level which is surely what a great manager can do.

fabo

6.51 / 10
It was a fantastic performance where we scored goals in the period where we were dominant.

Long-term it doesn't tell me a whole lot about this team though. I'd still have major doubt about us in most areas - manager, tactics, defence(individually and as a unit), scoring enough goals, balance in midfield.

billyf

The thing is that in the games before the one against Utd we had lost in a certain way. Our opponents played 3 in the middle, defended deeply and hit us in the counter. LVG did none of these things and he payed it with a big loss. Humongous let down for a manager of his age and experience.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

The thing is that in the games before the one against Utd we had lost in a certain way. Our opponents played 3 in the middle, defended deeply and hit us in the counter. LVG did none of these things and he payed it with a big loss. Humongous let down for a manager of his age and experience.

They defended deep, really deep for the first 10 mins at least .

We were very mature in our performance. But we do have a few mature performances each season, that is right. I expect another team to show up against Watford.

Balance is key

People still think Ramsey was key for our goals and had a good game ? besides his pass to Özil, a pass anyone could make, he wasnt involved in our goals - yet a lot claims he was critical.

looking at the game and the stats - his attacking play was utter **** - dispossessed a lot, lousy shot at goal, no key passes, no good runs, nothing good attacking wise.

but his passing, tackling, workrate, interceptions were very good.

Get him away from the RW spot and put him where his skills are most useful in the santi spot.

His key pass to Özil was perfect, think Ramsey owns 1/3 in Sanchez goal!

Just look at Sanchez at celebrations, keep pointing at Ramsey.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom