• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL | Arsenal vs Watford| 31/01/17 | 7:45 K/O (GMT)

Match result?

• Arsenal Win

Votes: 27 71.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Watford Win

Votes: 9 23.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Arsenal-Vs-Watford.jpg

So, after dismantling Southampton in the FA Cup, attention turns once again toward the Premier League. A home game against a team desperately struggling for form, if we approach it with the required seriousness and dedication, we'll win comfortably.

Team News
Santi Cazorla out- Achilles
Granit Xhaka out- Suspension
Things are looking good on the injury front, there are murmurs that Coquelin and Ramsey are struggling with injuries, but we'll know for sure closer to the game. Mesut Özil should go straight back into the starting XI, will there be starts for the likes of Giroud and Bellerin?

Possible Lineup
Cech
Bellerin Kos Mus Nacho
Ramsey Coquelin
Walcott Özil Iwobi
Alexis
Subs: Ospina, Gibbs, Gabriel, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Perez, Welbeck, Giroud.

Prediction
3-0
Özil, Alexis and Iwobi with the goals.
COYG!

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Watford having too many injuries and massively off form so I expecting easy win here

Cech
Bellerin Kosh mustafi Monreal
Ox Coq
Walcott Özil Iwobi
Alexis

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Big win needed, build on our recent form and get pumped for Chelsea on Saturday. It will be very, very hard on Ox if Wenger drops him.

I'd try three in mid to see if it'd work for the Chelsea game:

Cech
Bellerin Mustafi Koscielny Monreal
Ramsey Coquelin Ox
Özil Alexis Iwobi​

N

NotAUserName

Cech - Bellerin, Mustafi, Koscielny, Monreal - Coquelin, Ramsey - Sanchez, Özil, Iwobi - Giroud.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
I hope to see:
Gk: Cech
RB: Gabriel
LB: Gibbs
CB: Mustafi
CB: Kos
CM: Coquelin
CM: OX
ACM: Özil
RW: Walcott
LW: Iwobi
CF: Alexis

Ewarwoowar

Us at home and Watford really depleted, We could take predominantly the same approach as yesterday, they will park the bus but if we show any where near the link up play and finishing as We did at Southhampton, we should open them up with ease!

#Knifethrubutter

We have also got to utilize and identify in this game our best midfield options looking toward the Chelsea(I know, no s**t Sherlock) game!

Is it official,, are Ramsey and Coq or either or neither injured?

Last edited:

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Big win needed, build on our recent form and get pumped for Chelsea on Saturday. It will be very, very hard on Ox if Wenger drops him.

I'd try three in mid to see if it'd work for the Chelsea game:

Cech
Bellerin Mustafi Koscielny Monreal
Ramsey Coquelin Ox
Özil Alexis Iwobi​
Ox and Walcott doing their thing yesterday. One playing a blinder and the other scoring for fun.

But we've seen these false dawns with them so many times. Must frustrate Wenger, he never knows what's going to turn up. Or whether they'll be out injured.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Give Ox a game in the centre and move Özil further forward if need be. Don't want us to be relying on a midfield that we know is mostly ****.

DanishGooner

Agree with giving the Ox a game in central midfield and I would ideally pair him with le Coq or El-Neny (if he's back).
However, I am having a hard time deciding between Walcott and Welbeck paired with Sanchez-Perez-Özil.
We're almost back to the invincible days in terms of quality in depth.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Surprised so many calls for Ox in midfield. Our season will be defined by the Chelsea, Liverpool & Bayern fixtures... He is the last type of midfielder we need in those games.

We either need to give Ramsey & Coquelin a run of games to form a partnership or take risk on AMN.

Would love a formation shift but it didnt even happen when we swapped Giroud & Alexis upfront!

Aevi

Hale End FC
Seeing lineups with both Ramsey and Coquelin in midfield makes me cringe... last season was emotionally scarring :confused:

blaise

Surprised so many calls for Ox in midfield. Our season will be defined by the Chelsea, Liverpool & Bayern fixtures... He is the last type of midfielder we need in those games.

We either need to give Ramsey & Coquelin a run of games to form a partnership or take risk on AMN.

Would love a formation shift but it didnt even happen when we swapped Giroud & Alexis upfront!

I d risk Ox in midfield in these games rather than Ramsey, but in 4-3-3, too much to ask that from AMN, and I doubt that after so many years of failures as CM Ramsey can play couple of quality games there against such opposition, one is possible, two is a reach, three sf.

Sanis

Bellerin - Mustafi - Koscielny - Monreal
Coquelin - Chamberlain
Walcott - Özil - Alexis
Welbeck

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Our tails are up again and we are dreaming of the title. Its a shame that we have Chelsea the match thereafter, I was starting to enjoy dreaming again.

Anyway, a must win game naturally. Hopefully our rivals slip up giving us that room at Stamford Bridge.

Operation Get Past Eighty still well underway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom