<

EPL | Arsenal vs Watford| 31/01/17 | 7:45 K/O (GMT)

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by Taylor Gang Gunners, Jan 29, 2017.

?

Match result?

1. Arsenal Win

27 vote(s)
    71.1%
  2. Draw

2 vote(s)
    5.3%
  3. Watford Win

9 vote(s)
    23.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tap-in

tap-in Nothing Wrong With Me

A game like this is the perfect time to give him invaluable PL experience, and as I said, Ramsey & Coq may or may not be fit so best to make sure they are for Chelsea. Also, he's had several "run outs" recently and we should build on it in games like this.

2. CurryFlavoured

CurryFlavoured Well-Known Member

I wouldn't take this game for granted, and I don't think we've looked great at home either recently. I wouldn't mind seeing Chamberlain in midfield again, but I don't think it's the game for a prospect from our reserves.

3. Özillionaire

Özillionaire Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

To be fair he's been very good in the past few PL games IMO and was pivotal in the win over Swansea.

krackpot and say yes like this.
  4. eyoba

eyoba Member

Now Coquline is the new Giroud...I just don't get people. People were crying out for a tough tackling defensive midfielder. Now that they have one, they want him to be someone like Mesi. He does his job well and with heart. I feel much more at ease when he is in the team than both Ramsey or Elneny. And I feel his dribbling and passing range is being underrated here.

5. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Dishonest To His Federation

A lot of strawmens in your post.

6. em9999

em9999 The Coward of AM

We should rest players so they are ready for the Sutton match

7. trippyhippy

trippyhippy Active Member

he has scored one goal all season

Ewarwoowar, Sanis and Rimaal like this.
  8. Polar Bear

Polar Bear Well-Known Member

3-0 to us, with Sanchez scoring 2 and Ox scoring 1. We just need to get the points here and hope Liverpool can do something against Chelsea. Watford have been awful and I am not convinced by their manager. As long as we perform properly from the start we will win

9. bojed

bojed AM Resident Joker #1 Trusted

We need to wrap the kebabs early so we must play our strongest team available.

Gooner Zig and Big Poppa like this.
  10. Token Yank

Token Yank Well-Known Member

You must be new here. Opinions on players change by the minute. AMN looked like a parking cone the game before. Now after a blow out win against Southampton's reserve team he should be starting in classic trap game in the middle of a title chase. Coquelin went from the first name on the team sheet to an out of favor squad player because he doesn't bomb out of position and do 20 step overs a game in his own half. I just thank my lucky stars that a.) Arsenal Mania is here to keep me entertained and b.) people on this forum do not actually make club decisions.

eyoba, SuperGoon, Ewarwoowar and 2 others like this.
  11. Wryer

Wryer Well-Known Member

I wanted to say this is the start of THAT season defining week. Then I looked at the fixtures coming up and those "season defining" periods...

Feb - Chelsea Bayern Soton
    Mar - Liverpool Bayern Leicester
    Apr/May - Sp**s Man U Stoke

Squeaky bum times.

Ewarwoowar, RacingPhoton and krackpot like this.
  12. KARAN KHANNA

KARAN KHANNA New Member

Thanks a ton bro for your help!!

Any other sources for any other teams?

13. Hunter Zolomon

Hunter Zolomon Well-Known Member

you missed my point, which is that ramsey is only good at one thing which is goal scoring and its not essential for a cm, hence my sarcasm.

Ewarwoowar likes this.
  14. Mike Vinna

Mike Vinna Active Member

The hate for Coquelin is ridiculous. His ball retention, passing and dribbling are better than he gets credit for. If there's a choice of who to drop from midfield it's Ramsey for Ox. You can't start a game without a defensive midfielder (even against Watford) and AMN is not going to get a league start over our senior players.

15. fabo

fabo 6.51 / 10

It's that sweet spot in the season where Arsenal fans are on the crest of a wave, think we can beat anybody. This is big boy football though, so you can bet Maitland-Niles won't be starting.

Gooner Zig and arshy9 like this.
  16. El Duderino

El Duderino 99 Problems But A Mitch Ain't One

Would love to see a Alexis-Perez-Iwobi/Ox front three. Like others said, this is not a game to start Coquelin, really. I'd give AMN a run along with Ramsey in the middle.

I'd be inclined to play Ox-AMN, but will keep the hype down on both for now. Still, it would be a good game to put the lad in and see how he fares given our lack of CM options.

17. hydrofluoric acid

AMN has always been top talent.

Coquelin has always been band average football player.

18. <<reed>>

<<reed>> Meme Merchant

Top talent doesn't mean top football player.
    I keep hearing about the "top talents" like Akpom, Zelalem, Toral or Crowley, and where are they now?

SuperGoon and Rimaal like this.
  19. hydrofluoric acid

Did I say that top talent meant top football player?

20. Rimaal

Rimaal Questionable Taste

Maychday!

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.