• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL | Arsenal vs Watford| 31/01/17 | 7:45 K/O (GMT)

Match result?

• Arsenal Win

Votes: 27 71.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Watford Win

Votes: 9 23.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Polar Bear

WTF what was that?!. Absolutely Pathetic. Another season of dejau vu. We are just going round and round and round in circles every season, the same stuff for the last 13 years.

That game was rubbish. Well we are not winning the prem, lets not fool ourselves, we know how the story ends, we been through the same movie on repeat for the last 13 years ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Wryer

I wanted to say this is the start of THAT season defining week. Then I looked at the fixtures coming up and those "season defining" periods...

Feb - Chelsea Bayern Soton
Mar - Liverpool Bayern Leicester
Apr/May - Sp**s Man U Stoke

Squeaky bum times.

Ha.
Haha.
Hahaha.

:(

This is a joke.

grim_tales1

Giroud, Coquelin, Ramsey, Gabriel, Mustafi, Wenger...

Agree about Ramsey and maybe Gabriel but this is the same Mustafi who previously hadnt lost a game with us in 22 attempts, and Giroud who had saved our ass multiple times (Utd, Bournemouth, Preston).
How the **** can we go from winning 5-0 away to losing 2-1 at home? :(
We are not going to win the PL TBH, same **** as last year, and the year before that... :(

Polar Bear

Lets go back 1 year..................................................
Arsenal vs Swansea at Emirates Stadium, 2-1 to Swansea
Lets go to tonight.....................................................
Arsenal vs Watford at Emirates Stadium, 2-1 to Watford

Now lets review the 2 games.,. yes thats right no difference at all, the same thing, its all dejavu all the time. The only difference was Swansea scored a goal in 2nd half, apart from that we are just watching the same exact thing, same slow start, same amount of shots on goal, same only bothering to play after half time, same ****ty from set pieces, same same same same. Same going for the prem title and in 2nd place. Both Swansea and Watford awful form at the time and especially awful away form. Both of them in the exact same position in the table.

Every season is the same thing, nothing is ever changing, its been like this for many years, 13 years of the same same same same same old rubbish. It will never change until Wenger is gone.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
man, that was awful and unlucky. guess our luck had to run out sometime.

can't play like **** and keep winning everytime.

kopzilla

Always Negative
Huge chance to reduce the gap and we messed it up royally!!

Title chances..? Gone with the wind...and so are Özil and Sanchez...

Que Sera Sera...The title is not ours to see....:(

I usually don't post much, but wanted to chime in on the occasion. There are two things I would like to address: 1) team selection 2) mental strength

As soon as Xhaka got suspended at Burnley, we all knew that we were in big trouble. Let's rewind one year back. If people remember, when Santi went off injured, we had to rely on Ram-Coq, which was pretty much the main reason for our downfall last year. I think everyone unanimously agreed that they DO NOT work together. There is an interview with Wenger that he did with Henry for the 20 year anniversary and he mentioned that after the defeat at Old Trafford, they analyzed the insufficiencies in depth and try to fix them. I guess they never understood that Ramsey and Coquelin don't play well together? I guess that was addressed with Xhaka with the idea he would replace the DLP role that Arteta/Santi used to play. The only reason this was done was to accommodate Özil and Ramsey.

Today's line-up , which was reminiscent of some of the team selections from the 2015-2016 has a few players that just DO NOT play well together. Specifically, Ramsey-Coquelin, Giroud-Alexis, Gabriel-Iwobi. After the FA Cup game when Wenger went with a 3-man midfield, I was hopeful that he recognized the fact that without Xhaka or Santi we just cannot play a 2 midfield. Yet again he goes for the same, predictable lineup. Someone in the comments mentioned that certain players (Özil, Ramsey, Giroud) have preferential treatment and I absolutely agree with this. You have to simply drop some of these players to make sure the team plays better. I don't think Wenger ever dropped Özil, aside from the Man City game in 2014-2015 if I remember correctly.

Regarding mental strength. I am not particularly "Wenger Out", but I there is definitely a certain softness to his teams that no one can deny. I think it stems from the way he views the game. There is a soundbite on Soundcloud, where Wenger talks about the beauty of the pass and I think in that interview you can really see this elitist philosophy and I think this arrogance permeates throughout the club. As a consequence we never focus on just the next game, because the clubs/players/managers are more interested in the "story" of winning the league than actually winning it. It's no coincidence that our blips against Everton and Watford were because the players/manager had their mind on the next game Man City/Chelsea.

Wenger views football as an art. But it isn't. Football is a sport, perfect competition and that's what makes it great. There is a certain arrogance to this belief and this is why SAF will go down as the greatest manager, because he understood this.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Wenger saying we were mentally not ready I'm sorry but wtf is this in football you should be mentally ready for every game. Wenger can't help himself he acting like players are kids you should motivate them every game so pathatic they should be men and have balls they are professional not kids ffs

Wenger using the excuses he will never ever lay into his team against the press. As a challenger and so called top team there is no excuse to win at home against Watford they even lost against leeds united with all respect. Our mentality is not right and tactical wise we have no clue what to do. Özil and sanchez could be gone and we are back to a top 6 team at best. I hate being second against I want the premier league ****ing desperate to go from Holland to England to celebrate our Titel.

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
Lets face it, we are going nowhere with Wonga or this team, they lack fiber, no guts, complacent to the point of arrogance and it showed that last night. They think they can just turn up and win, very disappointed with them last night but Not too surprised.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Remember Conte during and after our Masterclass against them? How angry he was next to the pitch, how you were actually almost worried about the Chelsea players after watching Conte's post-match interview? He looked like he was going to strangle some of them. And look how he turned everything around right after that performance..

And Arsène is talking about being mentally not ready...

kopzilla

Always Negative
Just seeing the result after getting home. Terrible result at home. We missed the chance to close the gap on Chelsea too. Wow, from 5-0 to 1-2. This after Wenger's soliloquy about this being his best line of forwards ever! From what I've read CM seems to be an issue again, which is funny, seeing as at the beginning of every season, that's the position we think needs less work, only to have injuries turn it into a mockery. Enough ranting... seriously though, we can't be losing to Watford at home when Chelsea are miles ahead..

Wow...an AM old timer after a long time!

Mike Vinna

I usually don't post much, but wanted to chime in on the occasion. There are two things I would like to address: 1) team selection 2) mental strength

As soon as Xhaka got suspended at Burnley, we all knew that we were in big trouble. Let's rewind one year back. If people remember, when Santi went off injured, we had to rely on Ram-Coq, which was pretty much the main reason for our downfall last year. I think everyone unanimously agreed that they DO NOT work together. There is an interview with Wenger that he did with Henry for the 20 year anniversary and he mentioned that after the defeat at Old Trafford, they analyzed the insufficiencies in depth and try to fix them. I guess they never understood that Ramsey and Coquelin don't play well together? I guess that was addressed with Xhaka with the idea he would replace the DLP role that Arteta/Santi used to play. The only reason this was done was to accommodate Özil and Ramsey.

Today's line-up , which was reminiscent of some of the team selections from the 2015-2016 has a few players that just DO NOT play well together. Specifically, Ramsey-Coquelin, Giroud-Alexis, Gabriel-Iwobi. After the FA Cup game when Wenger went with a 3-man midfield, I was hopeful that he recognized the fact that without Xhaka or Santi we just cannot play a 2 midfield. Yet again he goes for the same, predictable lineup. Someone in the comments mentioned that certain players (Özil, Ramsey, Giroud) have preferential treatment and I absolutely agree with this. You have to simply drop some of these players to make sure the team plays better. I don't think Wenger ever dropped Özil, aside from the Man City game in 2014-2015 if I remember correctly.

Regarding mental strength. I am not particularly "Wenger Out", but I there is definitely a certain softness to his teams that no one can deny. I think it stems from the way he views the game. There is a soundbite on Soundcloud, where Wenger talks about the beauty of the pass and I think in that interview you can really see this elitist philosophy and I think this arrogance permeates throughout the club. As a consequence we never focus on just the next game, because the clubs/players/managers are more interested in the "story" of winning the league than actually winning it. It's no coincidence that our blips against Everton and Watford were because the players/manager had their mind on the next game Man City/Chelsea.

Wenger views football as an art. But it isn't. Football is a sport, perfect competition and that's what makes it great. There is a certain arrogance to this belief and this is why SAF will go down as the greatest manager, because he understood this.

That's a great post mate! As soon as you see that team selection you start to think 'well maybe we can get away with this' and that says it all really. Can't go into a league game and fight for valuable points whilst trying to accomodate donkeys like Giroud and Ramsey. And with the options we had on the bench.. no suprise we looked alive when Ramsey went off (the weak git) and Giroud was subbed. Theo had a couple of clear chances and we could have turned this around if some of his finishes were better.

Honestly, it's games like this where your key players start to think about a new adventure..

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Missed the game last night. Got up early to watch the highlights.

Midfield absolutely cack without Santi or Xhaka. Coq, Ramsey, Walcott, Gabriel doing their usual inconsistent stuff, one game good, one game ****.

Nothing knew here, this squad is not up to winning the league with these guys playing.

A thousand angry Wenger hating posts, can't even be bothered reading that **** to be honest.

Football is all about probabilities and money, but you won't listen ;)

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Remember Conte during and after our Masterclass against them? How angry he was next to the pitch, how you were actually almost worried about the Chelsea players after watching Conte's post-match interview? He looked like he was going to strangle some of them. And look how he turned everything around right after that performance..

And Arsène is talking about being mentally not ready...
His favorite excuse

Malky

Established Member
How can the players not be ready mentally? Seriously! Did the game come as a ****ing surprise, did they forget we were playing? If the players ain't ready, what the **** is Wenger being paid £8M a year for? If a certain player doesnt look up for the game then you take him out the starting 11 and use someone that is, that's the whole point of the ****ing squad.
What's more worrying if that players themselves can't get "mentally ready" for a game. They should be thinking " We must win this, hope Chelsea drop points at Liverpool and it's all to play for at the weekend " Instead we got them playing in the first half like they couldn't care less.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Missed the game last night. Got up early to watch the highlights.

Midfield absolutely cack without Santi or Xhaka. Coq, Ramsey, Walcott, Gabriel doing their usual inconsistent stuff, one game good, one game ****.

Nothing knew here, this squad is not up to winning the league with these guys playing.

A thousand angry Wenger hating posts, can't even be bothered reading that **** to be honest.

Football is all about probabilities and money, but you won't listen ;)

Tactical decisions, team selections, motivation etc etc etc doesn't come in to it at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom