• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL | Arsenal vs Watford| 31/01/17 | 7:45 K/O (GMT)

Match result?

• Arsenal Win

Votes: 27 71.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Watford Win

Votes: 9 23.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunter Zolomon

The thing is i dont even think Ramsey is this terrible player, he is just a victim of Wenger's inability to maximize the team just like Oxlade, Wilshere,Alexis, Walcott etc. I feel we have the players (yes Ramsey included) but the system and formation is betraying them and our great manager aint doing nothing about it .
ramsey is 26 years old, he was a player that had greater potential but i think he was not being coached properly. All he does as a cm is try to score. He should be taught to make better use of his engine like henderson does. So that if he is paired up with a creative type like xhaka, the creative cm doesnt have to also carry the defensive burden. The very fact klopp has got players doing things we did not know they were capable of such henderson and lallana. Is a sign that he is improving them.

Unfortunately it seems that wenger has a policy of letting the players figure it out for themselves which i dont believe is a good one. That is why we have ramsey instead of improving on his weaknesses such as positioning is out here hunting for goals as though he was a striker.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
What we learn from yesterday that we are a top 4 club with Wenger even if we spend 200M so we need to get used for it until he leace and not overreacted because we knew it was coming.

FinnGooner

Established Member
This team has shown everything needed to win a title though, resilience was the last key ingredient and if you look past this result we have that in spades.

If we could keep Özil and Sanchez and bring in Wenger I'd be quite excited for the future.

If they've shown everything then where's the title? Your statment is factually incorrect but that's ok. This is Arsenal after all, the whole club is surrounded by culture in which it's acceptable to make up stuff in order to claim failure as success.

ramsey is 26 years old, he was a player that had greater potential but i think he was not being coached properly. All he does as a cm is try to score. He should be taught to make better use of his engine like henderson does. So that if he is paired up with a creative type like xhaka, the creative cm doesnt have to also carry the defensive burden. The very fact klopp has got players doing things we did not know they were capable of such henderson and lallana. Is a sign that he is improving them.

Unfortunately it seems that wenger has a policy of letting the players figure it out for themselves which i dont believe is a good one. That is why we have ramsey instead of improving on his weaknesses such as positioning is out here hunting for goals as though he was a striker.

Exactly! Put Ramsey in that Liverpool or Chelsea team and he'd be a world beater. Every Arsenal fan can see he lacks proper coaching he just comes on and does what he wants, a real detriment to the team and yet Wenger never do anything so yea its not Ramsey its the monsieur.

Hunter Zolomon

Exactly! Put Ramsey in that Liverpool or Chelsea team and he'd be a world beater. Every Arsenal fan can see he lacks proper coaching he just comes on and does what he wants, a real detriment to the team and yet Wenger never do anything so yea its not Ramsey its the monsieur.
podolski, arshavin and now ramsey. Arsène it seems has a habit of not getting best out of players with certain limitations. He needs them to be complete so they can do the tactical work for him, while he secures another pay rise with his contract.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Ramsey best position is CM Wenger always play him there I don't know why people saying Wenger destroy his talent. Ramsey destroyed his talent by failing to improve himself And get always injured

podolski, arshavin and now ramsey. Arsène it seems has a habit of not getting best out of players with certain limitations. He needs them to be complete so they can do the tactical work for him, while he secures another pay rise with his contract.
Arsène Wenger in a nutshell. From the look of things Lucas Perez will be joining that list inevitably.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
first dont buy them and 2nd podolski was a striker.
Finally if arshavin played for conte, he would change formation and tactics to accommodate him, like he did for hazard.
If you notice podolski and arshavin were great when they first join us but when they realized that there was nobody challenge them in their position both gone lazy and even when they preform badly they would still starting.

Walter White

We should have lost to Burnley. We all know that we had it coming.
Same bollocks from this manager and this squad of bottlers!

looool surely that cant be hydro, you clearly doctored that.

In this comment I'm replying to @Hunter Zolomon comment where he said that Ramsey should dictate tempo in games. I said that it is better that Xhaka dictates tempo when they are playing together which is true because he is better passer. Ramsey should play b2b when he plays with Xhaka which is also true.

Where do I say that Ramsey is great b2b in this comment?

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Speaking to a Watford fan they said they did the opposite to what they usually do. Packed the defence instead of the midfield, even had CB’s in the FB roles.

From their fans perspective it sounds as if we had gone with a similar team to what we saw at the weekend we would have walked the game.

Speaking to a Watford fan they said they did the opposite to what they usually do. Packed the defence instead of the midfield, even had CB’s in the FB roles.

From their fans perspective it sounds as if we had gone with a similar team to what we saw at the weekend we would have walked the game.
I had a feeling it was gonna be a coq/ram special yesterday so when i saw the teamsheet and its cheech and chong starting i knew we were losing. We dont win when those two start in midfield. Weren't they responsible for our collapse in the title run in last season

trippyhippy

here are some stats for when Coquelin has and has not played this season

played 21- 9 won-7 draws-5 lost

not played 13- 13 wins

I think this shows Coquelin is an average player at best and should be shipped. he is simply not good enough, what we need is a monster in midfield like n'zonzi who will **** **** up in there. watch the second goal we conceded, coquelin let capoue run all the way to mustafi who was then one on one.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

here are some stats for when Coquelin has and has not played this season

played 21- 9 won-7 draws-5 lost

not played 13- 13 wins

I think this shows Coquelin is an average player at best and should be shipped. he is simply not good enough, what we need is a monster in midfield like n'zonzi who will **** **** up in there. watch the second goal we conceded, coquelin let capoue run all the way to mustafi who was then one on one.
Seriously? Those stats most of the time dont say much but 13/13 wins without him?

Seriously? Those stats most of the time dont say much but 13/13 wins without him?

I'm Coquelin biggest critique but that stats surely can't be true?

Anyway it is not up to one player to win games... So many things that matters when analyzing stats like these...

But we have partnership that have been very average with Coquelin in it. Coquelin - El Nenny, Coquelin - Xhaka, Coquelin - Ramsey... Only Coquelin - Cazorla seems to do OK but that is even questionable.

Now that might be problem with Coquelin, but it could also and I think most likely be problem with our tactics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom