• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Arsenal vs. Watford - Saturday April 2, 2016 - 15:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Good on Wenger to have subbed on Campbell over Gibbs, I'll take it :lol:

Seems we have found our starting 11 for the rest of the season, that's great news!

Bearded Toaster

Equally angry as Furious
Walcott and Welbeck arent good enough - but they are mobile and brings the best out of our creative players + gives a lot of free space because they can drag out a defense.

Its Giroud you should be worried about - Wenger has to set the entire team and tactics up to suit him - getting the worst out of the team, but the best out of Giroud is what is ****ing us.
I agree with walcott not being good enough and wenger tailoring the team around giroud but Welbeck not good enough???? He tracks back, good movement, link up play and puts in a very good shift when he plays plus don't forget he's been out for 9 months roughly (give or take). So what you are saying is that he's not good enough for us? o_O

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I'm happy with the win. Eight more in a row with the same scoreline for us please. Oh and some luck as well. COYG.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Good on Wenger to have subbed on Campbell over Gibbs, I'll take it :lol:

Seems we have found our starting 11 for the rest of the season, that's great news!

I told everyone this before the Everton game that Wenger found the starting 11 he thinks will be able to get results and has the best balance.

Hopefully we continue like this over the coming weeks.

Balance is key

I agree with walcott not being good enough and wenger tailoring the team around giroud but Welbeck not good enough???? He tracks back, good movement, link up play and puts in a very good shift when he plays plus don't forget he's been out for 9 months roughly (give or take). So what you are saying is that he's not good enough for us? o_O
As starting striker? or even starting winger ?

I agree he has mobility and his general play is pretty good - but he just isnt the goalscorer we need - he has shown nothing the last 7 years to support that he would be.

Very useful player - a player every team needs - just not that guy, he doesnt score many goals or makes many assists - we need both from our starting wingers - and it is a must from our striker

he is the perfect backup in both spots - but it really doesnt look at all likely that he can ever be considered starting material for us - Ironically he has all the attributes Depay lacks . O )

Last edited:

amirkat

Established Member
Only managed to catch about 20 minutes. ElNeny was running the game at that point.

Iwobi. That boy again.

The_Roadrunner

Burned Out
9 goals + 7 assist while being a non-starting squad player who had to work in a team that was set up for a striker whose only strength is heading - thats fairly decent.

Walcott and Welbeck arent good enough - but they are mobile and brings the best out of our creative players + gives a lot of free space because they can drag out a defense.

Its Giroud you should be worried about - Wenger has to set the entire team and tactics up to suit him - getting the worst out of the team, but the best out of Giroud is what is ****ing us.

And hence I greatly look forward to a summer of hoping yet not-hoping about a new striker ;)

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

By the way that goal from Walcott, despite being a tap in, was the kind of run our attackers NEVER make. They always do exactly what Giroud did and step back in to a completely unnatural cross receiving position.
Like the position Iwobi scored from you mean?

The_Roadrunner

Burned Out
Like the position Iwobi scored from you mean?

This isn't a fair comparison.

Iwobi was the left wing forward moving inside to reach that position, whereas Jasard is talking about our striker dropping into that zone. Those are two very different tactical situations. Notice that Welbeck at striker is not the one occupying that zone, but is positioning himself further forward and blocking vision lines of the keeper and providing other tactical options to trouble the defense which is what allowed Iwobi to have such a great shot from that position.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

This isn't a fair comparison.

Iwobi was the left wing forward moving inside to reach that position, whereas Jasard is talking about our striker dropping into that zone. Those are two very different tactical situations. Notice that Welbeck at striker is not the one occupying that zone, but is positioning himself further forward and blocking vision lines of the keeper and providing other tactical options to trouble the defense which is what allowed Iwobi to have such a great shot from that position.

There is nothing wrong with taking up that position as long as one goes forward and an other player positions himself around the penalty spot.

Reactions: CJJ

baccy_man

Established Member
From what i saw of the game we played really well had lots of possession and could have scored a couple more goals than we did,
But you have to ask why didn't we play like this when we played Watford in the F.A. cup game,
Iwobi got the man of the match and he looks like he is going to be a really good player, at this stage of his career i hope he does not get over played as Arsène has a tendency to do this with players that play well,
It would be good if we can see out the rest of the season this way,
we always seem to put a string of good games together when we have been knocked out of most of the competitions though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom