• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Arsenal vs. Watford - Saturday April 2, 2016 - 15:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
Missed the game! We won 4-0! Could someone please post a link for highlights and the fullgame?

BBF

Iwobi's a great player.

I hope we never have that ****house upfront again.

TorontoGooner76

Finally, Wenger saw the logic of having Alexis on the right. I know it is mostly because he prefers Iwobi on the left, but Alexis played primarily on the right side for Barca. On the left he is just a one trick pony, always cutting inside to have a shot. On the right he links up great and is unpredictable. He was in on 3 of the goals, good show!

indy23

Good win. Just win one at a time. Og is finished here. We had mobility and passing in the final 3rd for a change. In today's league when the opposing defense can set up futher up the pitch because we start giroud is a bad thing and makes us look like a small club. Maybe its just me but felt good seeing 4 different goal scorers today- 3 without OG.

kopzilla

Always Negative
I totally disconnected from football for 15 days and the break felt like more than 15 days...almost a month.

I just don't feel the any emotion after yesterdays win as well...feels strange.

Probably if Leicester drop points today, hopes would be up again.

Its a good thing we got our GD up as well.

Stoneh

9 goals + 7 assist while being a non-starting squad player who had to work in a team that was set up for a striker whose only strength is heading - thats fairly decent.

Walcott and Welbeck arent good enough - but they are mobile and brings the best out of our creative players + gives a lot of free space because they can drag out a defense.

Its Giroud you should be worried about - Wenger has to set the entire team and tactics up to suit him - getting the worst out of the team, but the best out of Giroud is what is ****ing us.

I agree , both Giroud and Walcott can just f*** off for all I care.

I was referring to Wenger dropping Iwobi to make room for Walcott. Lad has had more impact than Walcott has for 6 months.
Those stats of 9 goals and 7 assists, I wonder how many have come in last 20 games? when it really mattered to sustain the title challenge. All I saw was Walcott making zero impact, taking too long on the ball, missing chances and losing ball trying to dribble in silly areas.

Walcott surely will ask for a move if its Wengers fault for not using him correctly, all the criticism from fans/pundits and the media must hurt if he feels he's not been used correctly- for that, he must hold Wenger accountable.

Giroud and Walcott are not starting material for a title challenging team. Most of us know this, but its Wenger who clearly has favourites.

I suppose he sees Walcott like himself, length of service (loyalty as Wenger calls it) is rewarded by playing time and salary regardless of performance/scoring or wining the title.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻

I was referring to Wenger dropping Iwobi to make room for Walcott. Lad has had more impact than Walcott has for 6 months.
Those stats of 9 goals and 7 assists, I wonder how many have come in last 20 games? when it really mattered to sustain the title challenge. All I saw was Walcott making zero impact, taking too long on the ball, missing chances and losing ball trying to dribble in silly areas.

Walcott surely will ask for a move if its Wengers fault for not using him correctly, all the criticism from fans/pundits and the media must hurt if he feels he's not been used correctly- for that, he must hold Wenger accountable.

Giroud and Walcott are not starting material for a title challenging team. Most of us know this, but its Wenger who clearly has favourites.

I suppose he sees Walcott like himself, length of service (loyalty as Wenger calls it) is rewarded by playing time and salary regardless of performance/scoring or wining the title.
Walcott and Giroud should be moved on tbh. I think along with Woj that too much damage has been done to their reputation for them to stay. We will struggle to get rid for a decent price I think.

Balance is key

Wenger hasnt gambled a season on Walcott being our main outlet! in fact he gambled on Giroud for three years. Theo never got the chance

Could walcott be a 20+ league goal striker in the PL ? I am sure he can - but has wenger given him a chance as CF ? hell no !!

I get why people hate him - but he has done fairly decent as a squad player who has been played in three different spots

Last edited:

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Wenger hasnt gambled a season on Walcott being our main outlet???? in fact he gambled on Giroud for three years. Theo never got the chance

Could walcott be a 20+ league goal striker in the PL ? I am sure he can - he wenger given hum a chance as CF ? hell no !!

I get why people hate him - but he has done fairly decent as a squad player who has been played in three different spots
My question is whether we are prepared to sell Giroud, make Walcott our main CF and buy a backup CF. Personally, I have never been convinced that Walcott is good enough to be our starting CF and I doubt he ever will be. Sell both and buy big if we can.

Balance is key

My question is whether we are prepared to sell Giroud, make Walcott our main CF and buy a backup CF. Personally, I have never been convinced that Walcott is good enough to be our starting CF and I doubt he ever will be. Sell both and buy big if we can.

of course Walcott isnt good enough to be our main striker - but I wont hold it against him because he hasnt been our main striker for three years

But - Theo has done fairly well being a squad player who as been played in a team that has been set up for Giroud.

Could theo do better as a first choice striker than 12 league goals ? hell yes ! anyone can - even bendtner - in fact he did

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom