• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Arsenal vs. Watford - Saturday April 2, 2016 - 15:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
of course Walcott isnt good enough to be our main striker - but I wont hold it against him because he hasnt been our main striker for three years

But - Theo has done fairly well being a squad player who as been played in a team that has been set up for Giroud.

Could theo do better as a first choice striker than 12 league goals ? hell yes ! anyone can - even bendtner - in fact he did

I hear you but do you trust Walcott to be the go to guy who digs us out of a hole on a few occasions? You mention Bendtner-similar build to Giroud albeit with more pace. RvP and Henry were both six footers. I just don't think Walcott has the tools or talentto do the job that Wenger wants. I don't trust him to remain fit either. He's been here ten years and at his age,should be more than a squad player. He's not good enough and I can't see any of the so called big 4 or any other CL club buying him as first choice and that's the acid test of what he's really worth.

Iceko

I'd rather see Theo come on at CF for Welbz than Giroud. Especially when we have the lead. We can sit back a bit when needed and release Theo on the counter. But Wenger loves his french boys, which is why Girouf is always the first attacking sub. Mine would be Campbell or Theo.

Wenger's subs when we have a small lead (unlike saturday) are usually dreadful. He subs all our pace out of the game and introduces Giroud (who is terrible in such a situation) and subs our wingers/AM's for fullbacks, inviting all kinds of pressure and no outlet..

Honestly, if Welbeck maintains some good form for the remaining games I doubt Wenger will get a striker unless someone leaves or it's an opportunity he can't refuse like with Özil/Sanchez.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom