• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL | Hull City v Arsenal | 17th of September at 15:00 (GMT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cannonade

Established Member
^
I would be surprised if Wenger doesn't continue with Iwobi Alexis Theo attacking 3. He's stubborn that way and will keep this combination going as long as it's dangerous and teams continue to struggle to defend it. He likes all 3 players and will not want to sit any of them.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Is that you hiding out?
foto07.jpg

Have you been here? Its amazing, the sea is just so clear. We found a great beach called Milia and the snorkelling is great because there are rocks and plants not far out. I've dived the Barrier Reef and the water is not as clear but the fish are far bigger :) The last 3 days of 14 will be on Skiathos.

This is Milia Beach but late Sept means not many people.

miliabeachskopelos_010.jpg

Last edited:

carlito'sway

Established Member
^
I would be surprised if Wenger doesn't continue with Iwobi Alexis Theo attacking 3. He's stubborn that way and will keep this combination going as long as it's dangerous and teams continue to struggle to defend it. He likes all 3 players and will not want to sit any of them.

Actually, as I mentioned yesterday, there is clearly a method to the madness with this trio upfront. While I am not convinced yet, I saw some interesting stuff yesterday, lots of movement, penetration and chances created.
One other aspect is how many players we often have in the attacking half and in the opposite box.We basically play with a false 9 now and 3 or 4 players running regularly into the box. Our attack is not as telegraphed as it was before with Giroud as the focal point.
There is definitely something to it and I am sure we will see it again.

1 other person

Delighted with the result and am growing convinced of the system. You can't really slate it when Sanchez at CF (interchanging) bags 2, Iwobi at LW assists 2 and Walcott gets 1. Only missing piece (in attack) is Özil regaining his structure/form.

Iwobi, Mustafi and Coquelin were outstanding.

And I'm still drooling at THAT goal.

Going into next week in fourth is amazing and there's nothing more to it.

Now to get ****ed by the ref against Chelsea.

MLK79

Elite Drama Queen
Looked like Nacho couldn't take the pressure! I will bet any man Alexis will take one again soon, maybe not the next one but we seem to get a lot of penalties, so soon. He will want to set the record straight and if Cazorla is not around he'll put it all on the line again. Its obvious, judging from his character.
From what I've been able to find, Alexis has never scored a penalty outside of a shootout so I wouldn't hold my breath on him wanting to do it again. And let's not forget, against Liverpool he pussies out of taking it and Walcott stepped up and did it. The only reason he went for it yesterday is because he's a selfish player and he wanted to be on a hat-trick.

Swallow

Delighted with the result and am growing convinced of the system. You can't really slate it when Sanchez at CF (interchanging) bags 2, Iwobi at LW assists 2 and Walcott gets 1. Only missing piece (in attack) is Özil regaining his structure/form.

Iwobi, Mustafi and Coquelin were outstanding.

And I'm still drooling at THAT goal.

Going into next week in fourth is amazing and there's nothing more to it.

Now to get ****ed by the ref against Chelsea.
This and him, Iwobi, Walcott and Sanchez helping Coquelin put more pressure on opposing players to prevent them put those balls over the top of our high defensive line. That will come with more games though.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

From what I've been able to find, Alexis has never scored a penalty outside of a shootout so I wouldn't hold my breath on him wanting to do it again. And let's not forget, against Liverpool he pussies out of taking it and Walcott stepped up and did it. The only reason he went for it yesterday is because he's a selfish player and he wanted to be on a hat-trick.
Did he really ***** out? I think I've missed that. Is there evidence of that other than the fact that he didn't take it?

Bergkamp120

Is that true? I know that John T. was quite an influential figure and led by example like good captain should do but it's crazy how many sex-related stories they had (Oscar and his sister, Eva, JT, now this)...

Yes, it's true. The girlfriend have an interview to a magazine. She said that Courtois was a better cook and so she was more attracted to him and some other nonsense.

MLK79

Elite Drama Queen
Did he really ***** out? I think I've missed that. Is there evidence of that other than the fact that he didn't take it?
With the players we had on the pitch, he'd be the clear choice to take it having already taken one against QPR. Heck, of the players we had, he was the only one who had ever taken one in a competitive fixture.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Lots of off-topic chatter here, but gotta laugh at comparisons between Ramsey and KDB.
KDB is player of season so far and Guardiola seems to have unleashed his and Sterling's potential.

Aevi

Hale End FC
I'd love De Bruyne here, I personally rate him over Özil. He may not at the same level in passing vision, but he's very close and has pace and goal-scoring threat to make up for the gap. And he's Belgian, represent!

say yes

forum master baiter
Good twitter account to follow.... I like the way he is deconstructing the Arsenal tactics in MF.

Magnifiqué
@GameChangerEW

Yep really good account.

We've been much more aggressive in our positioning so far this season. Bellerin is practically playing as a winger while Coquelin is much more involved in our build up.

Really liked what I saw of it against Hull.

Doom

Wait a minute, I read on this very forum that Wenger was:
  1. Clueless for playing Alexis as a striker and
  2. "Doesn't do tactics".
Now I'm reading that he had a strategy all along and a good strategy at that.

Seriously thought, I thought we looked very good against Hull.

I've no special insights into how tactics work at the highest level but for me it was encouraging to see that Hull tried the sit-deep-against-Arsenal tactic and were still battered into submission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom