• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL I Man City vs Arsenal I Sunday 18th December 16.00 SS1

What will the result be for this match?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Problem is that the standard for Arsenal is higher than any other club in the premier league. There is this 'man up' call for every bad decision Arsenal gets. You will struggle to find so called pundits actually acknowledge incorrect decisions against Arsenal.
1. The red card for Xhaka. Arsenal is the only team to have a player sent off (straight red) for stopping an attack. I see the same tackle week in week out, and it is a standard yellow. Suffice to say all pundits thought it was a justified decision.
2. Penalties against Arsenal.. Monreal penalty, Xhaka 'elbow', and all the other flimsy penalties given against Arsenal. The foul against Everton was also swiftly waved away. If that was Xhaka on Lukaku, be sure its a penalty and yellow card for Xhaka.
3. Yesterday's goals... That even pundits are affirming that Sane's goal was onside is baffling. That failure called Neville couldnt see an offside in that, even with a still photograph. If that was against Man Utd, the whole country will discuss it for weeks unending, with pundits calling refs out for a bad job.
The good thing about Wenger speaking out on these issues is that perhaps, decisions against Arsenal now start to get in focus. While it is always good to blow teams away and win big, sometimes we need help. We might just need refs to do their jobs and leave motherluck to decide the winner. Yesterday would have been different if Sane's goal was disallowed.
We started out lucky this season with the penalties, the late goals etc. Then the red card for Xhaka came and for some unknown reason we let it go and ever since then the soft penalties against came out, and the wrong calls on ours. Sunderland away was another massive **** you with Pienaar not getting two yellows (he did get the red a week later tho) and that defender hanging on to Alexis for dear life, no pen. Its hurting us now.

Hunter Zolomon

Problem is that the standard for Arsenal is higher than any other club in the premier league. There is this 'man up' call for every bad decision Arsenal gets. You will struggle to find so called pundits actually acknowledge incorrect decisions against Arsenal.
1. The red card for Xhaka. Arsenal is the only team to have a player sent off (straight red) for stopping an attack. I see the same tackle week in week out, and it is a standard yellow. Suffice to say all pundits thought it was a justified decision.
2. Penalties against Arsenal.. Monreal penalty, Xhaka 'elbow', and all the other flimsy penalties given against Arsenal. The foul against Everton was also swiftly waved away. If that was Xhaka on Lukaku, be sure its a penalty and yellow card for Xhaka.
3. Yesterday's goals... That even pundits are affirming that Sane's goal was onside is baffling. That failure called Neville couldnt see an offside in that, even with a still photograph. If that was against Man Utd, the whole country will discuss it for weeks unending, with pundits calling refs out for a bad job.
The good thing about Wenger speaking out on these issues is that perhaps, decisions against Arsenal now start to get in focus. While it is always good to blow teams away and win big, sometimes we need help. We might just need refs to do their jobs and leave motherluck to decide the winner. Yesterday would have been different if Sane's goal was disallowed.
lol you undercover wenger apologist, we suck bro plain and simple. If the pundits are being harder on arsenal they should be. its because we have no excuses, other teams seem to chop and change managers like southampton and keep on ticking, the only other club apart from arsenal that had stability was united under sir alex and they won the title. Well alex ferguson is retired for some years now and united are no longer stable and wenger still wont give us a title. wtf

Hunter Zolomon

:lol: Mate if a dishwasher had been in charge we'd have won 1-0 and the headlines today would have been 'tired gooners know how to win ugly, sign of a title winning team'.

Chance is deciding these games where they're tight. Today's game is too quick for human officials. Hawkeye's done a great job on goal line tech, let's move on.

Having said that, with human decisions you get a pantomime, which is great for Christmas! Sadly, Arsenal seem to get more than their fair share of bad decisions, even if we were **** in the second half. :(
so we need future tech to win a title lol do you believe this guy. We need i am robot level tech to win. Excuses excuse excuses, we have that in abundance.

Last edited:

Hunter Zolomon

well after all this blame on the refs not keeping up with the game as the reasons we keep losing i should hope that if we do win a title we should also give accolades to the match officials seeing as they are vital to winning the league.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Mourinho's comments a couple of weeks ago about how other teams will start getting bad decisions instead of them seemed to work. Rojo got away with two of the most obvious red card offences you'll see as did Ibra at West Brom.

You wonder if the refs decided after his comments who was the easiest to start refereeing against and we're clearly it. I wonder if Wenger calling them out will have the same affect and Chelsea will start getting bad decisions? I doubt it.

razörist

so we need future tech to win a title lol do you believe thus guy. We need i am robot level tech to win. Excuses excuse excuses, we have that in abundance.
The technology is there. I watch a lot of hockey, the problem I have with it is it delays the game, though the americans love it, more time for commercials. Recently we've been trying the video ref in the Netherlands in some football matches, there have been a few hickups, it's a process. However, thing like offside goals, elbows, etc. It takes three seconds. The ref blows the wistle, the video refs communicates his verdict, boom we move on. Forget about excuses, this is the future and it can't come soon enough. Football is always three steps behind the rest of the world.

Look at goal line technology. Out of the question 6 years ago. Now the refs can't do without.

razörist

But we can take kick offs with one player now instead of two, so yeaaaaah progress!!!:cool:

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
The technology is there. I watch a lot of hockey, the problem I have with it is it delays the game, though the americans love it, more time for commercials. Recently we've been trying the video ref in the Netherlands in some football matches, there have been a few hickups, it's a process. However, thing like offside goals, elbows, etc. It takes three seconds. The ref blows the wistle, the video refs communicates his verdict, boom we move on. Forget about excuses, this is the future and it can't come soon enough. Football is always three steps behind the rest of the world.

Look at goal line technology. Out of the question 6 years ago. Now the refs can't do without.
This.

What's the point of rules if you can't apply them.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
5:07 the closest Özil got to a City player all day
10:38 Sagna's reaction :(
12:06 Theo "We didn't see the ball in the 2nd half" :lol:

GunnerInPluto

Then this will not change anything for Arsenal. The video ref will most likely be a Jon Moss supporting the decision of a Martin Atkinson. They can easily call an offside to be onside as long as its against Arsenal. Afterall, we should be able to win so big that these biases dont matter.....

TriniGunner

Özil can piss off to wherever he pleases. I doubt clubs who could afford him will come forward and clubs with money like Wolfsburg etc though. Losing Alexis looks inevitable atm. Juve, Bayern, Real Madrid, City and Utd will all register their interest. Praying for a miracle.

Sanchez would end up at Chelsea or Utd.

Hunter Zolomon

Then this will not change anything for Arsenal. The video ref will most likely be a Jon Moss supporting the decision of a Martin Atkinson. They can easily call an offside to be onside as long as its against Arsenal. Afterall, we should be able to win so big that these biases dont matter.....
looool loooool looooool loooool , i laugh at your excuses. You are right we will never win the title with all this bias against us, guess what half the clubs in the league have their fans also calculating and calibrating the same excuses we have. Give me a break bro, you will never hear me say that the reason we didnt win a league was due to biased officials.

carlito'sway

Established Member
The formation needs to change. Coq lost the ball but Xhaka didn't offer any options. Elneny moves so well for all the criticism he gets. I would go 4312 to even up our numbers in MF as no two man MF works. Kos should also have pushed us up the pitch to compress play. Mert wasn't playing so there was no need to sit deep. Santi's ability on the ball was a massive loss and I don't think Wilshere would have helped yesterday. Good goal by Theo but in his position you need to be able to dribble. We had no outlet and not every through ball will reach him. Thereafter he failed to hit the target twice. It was poor all round tbh. We need to buy in January or stich AMN in MF and go from there. There's a lot we can do but Wenger needs to have the courage and spend again.

Good post. Nice change as well from some of the toxic ones here. Way too much overreaction over losing a football game.
Totally agree with the outlet issue. When Theo, and Ox, as well for that matter, are not scoring, they are basically passengers in this team.
I still think the 2 men CM can work, but the team will need better possession, production and performance in general from the flank players.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

so we need future tech to win a title lol do you believe thus guy. We need i am robot level tech to win. Excuses excuse excuses, we have that in abundance.
You're obsessed with 'excuses'. Everybody's agreeing we were f*** in the second half.

We're talking about something different here. Both their goals were offside. when games are tight, more and more refs are deciding who wins. Often going with the home crowd.

An independent judge looking closely at the 4 times the ball went in the net would have given Arsenal a 1-0 victory yesterday. Maybe two if the linesman hadn't made a mistake causing the ref to blow early. There's no reason why we can't have the technology to cut out this pantomime stuff. The game's too fast for the human eye ffs.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Good post. Nice change as well from some of the toxic ones here. Way too much overreaction over losing a football game.
Totally agree with the outlet issue. When Theo, and Ox, as well for that matter, are not scoring, they are basically passengers in this team.
I still think the 2 men CM can work, but the team will need better possession, production and performance in general from the flank players.
Looking at the BBC stats this morning showing our wins with Santi in the team and then with Mustafi. Amazing. Those two players make a difference.

Theo and Ox . . . enough said.

Think I'l stay off this forum after a loss, it gets full of aggressive idiots that only come on to abuse people, never see them the rest of the time. A form of road rage on the Internet.

razörist

Let's stay in your hypothetical situation. It would need a bit of a change in mentality from all the people involved. It wouldn't be Atkinson's decision, like it wouldn't be today. Now its the linesman waving the flag, in the future it would be the videoref in a dark room looking at the monitor. Atkinson's job is to let play continue untill it ends, wait a couple seconds for Moss to get the clear picture we all saw yesterday where Sane was offside. Moss will not make a wrong decision 999/1000 times because its clear as day and he'll have no excuses. Moss says "offside" to Atkinson, who executes the call.

What happened yesterday isn't the difficult part of the video ref. It's fouls before a goal was scored, coach's challenges and that sort of thing. That's where the lines get a little bit blury, and where we need a bit of development. But make no mistake, its coming, and when its there, all of us will be like "we could have done this 15 years ago."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom