• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL I Man City vs Arsenal I Sunday 18th December 16.00 SS1

What will the result be for this match?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunter Zolomon

You're obsessed with 'excuses'. Everybody's agreeing we were f*** in the second half.

We're talking about something different here. Both their goals were offside. when games are tight, more and more refs are deciding who wins. Often going with the home crowd.

An independent judge looking closely at the 4 times the ball went in the net would have given Arsenal a 1-0 victory yesterday. Maybe two if the linesman hadn't made a mistake causing the ref to blow early. There's no reason why we can't have the technology to cut out this pantomime stuff. The game's too fast for the human eye ffs.
i get all of that, but be honest with yourself we are not the only team that gets bad call from the refs. However i am not surprised we lost this game, following what happened with everton. So i am not using the bad calls as a crutch, we have seen teams come back and do great things agaisnt all odds. It seems that for us to win, the calls must always be fair. Every player must be in a great mood, all the stars must align, everything must be perfect. Guess what dude chelsea tottenham united city liverpool are all gonna have games where the ref will be against them, guess what though i am sure they will probably draw or win those games.

WhatAFC

Playing 2 CM's isn't really a major issue against the smaller sides. However when you're up against better quality players and managers then in this day and age you really do need 3 in there otherwise you get overrun 9 times out of 10.

Although Özil covers a lot of ground he isn't combative enough which does cause problems when we do not have possession. Trouble is you can't drop the guy because he brings the most quality when we have the ball. Plus we don't have the quality in CM to create connections between CM and attack without him.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

i get all of that, but be honest with yourself we are not the only team that gets bad call from the refs. However i am not surprised we lost this game, following what happened with everton. So i am not using the bad calls as a crutch, we have seen teams come back and do great things agaisnt all odds. It seems that for us to win, the calls must always be fair. Every player must be in a great mood, all the stars must align, everything must be perfect. Guess what dude chelsea tottenham united city liverpool are all gonna have games where the ref will be against them, guess what though i am sure they will probably draw or win those games.
Make no mistake, nobody is saying we weren't **** yesterday. We didn't deserve anything looking at the way we played. However, looking at the game after the fact, we should have gotten something, based on what actually happened.

I'm not saying we'd win the league if the calls were correct. I'm saying it would be a lot more enjoyable if they were. I'm using what happened this week to further strenghten that view. Naturally, as an Arsenal fan I'm biased towards my own team. But there are a lot of stonecold horrible calls that cost us on my memory and sadly, they are there to stay.

Hunter Zolomon

Make no mistake, nobody is saying we weren't **** yesterday. We didn't deserve anything looking at the way we played. However, looking at the game after the fact, we should have gotten something, based on what actually happened.

I'm not saying we'd win the league if the calls were correct. I'm saying it would be a lot more enjoyable if they were. I'm using what happened this week to further strenghten that view. Naturally, as an Arsenal fan I'm biased towards my own team. But there are a lot of stonecold horrible calls that cost us on my memory and sadly, they are there to stay.
you made valid points but as a guy who lives in a family with a brother that supports liverpool and another that supports chelsea, I too have sat and watched games on telly with them when calls are not going their way. Somehow their club keeps ticking along, so i cant really tolerate it coming from arsenal fans. Yes life is not fair some seasons you get more calls against you than others, so it kinda balances out for most teams so when arsenal fans complain about calls i really dont give a toss, shi it happens. We were terrible yesterday and despite the calls we would most likely have still lost. Lets not forget city, liverpool, chelsea and united are teams in transition with new managers and new tactics. What is the point of stability if we cant beat everton or city after both were having bad runs.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Guess what dude chelsea tottenham united city liverpool are all gonna have games where the ref will be against them, guess what though i am sure they will probably draw or win those games.
You say that, but last season all of those teams were beaten by a lesser team with little or no injuries, double the average number of penalties given to them and a stack of lucky 1-0s. Chance had a huge amount to say about that season. Why didn't Man City's quality come through then.

Football is more complex than people think and in oversimplification we draw rash conclusions.

OShea's2010

Arsenal have had plenty of decisions go for them aswell. people only remember the ones against us

Hunter Zolomon

You say that, but last season all of those teams were beaten by a lesser team with little or no injuries, double the average number of penalties given to them and a stack of lucky 1-0s. Chance had a huge amount to say about that season. Why didn't Man City's quality come through then.

Football is more complex than people think and in oversimplification we draw rash conclusions.
fine letss simply things, of all the playes that have come and gone in our beloved football club, there has only been one constant, in science you take away all the variables to discover what the true problem is. In our case its Arsène wenger. So if you cant see that then all is lost.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
fine letss simply things, of all the playes that have come and gone in our beloved football club, there has only been one constant, in science you take away all the variables to discover what the true problem is. In our case its Arsène wenger. So if you cant see that then all is lost.
He's not a player and that's a different debate.

Hunter Zolomon

He's not a player and that's a different debate.
dude at what point is it the managers fault for you. seriuosly will you ever blame wenger, he has been here for so long he is practically part of the furniture. He buys the players and coaches them and decides the tactics. He has more leeway and power and control than any other manager in the league. Or is that fact too complicated for you to get.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
5:07 the closest Özil got to a City player all day
10:38 Sagna's reaction :(
12:06 Theo "We didn't see the ball in the 2nd half" :lol:

@4:29 Özil ignored the Arsenal mascots and only highfived the City ones. Couple that with his performance and its confirmed he wants a move up north. :eek:

@9:37 Currently City /Ex Barca Dr Ramon Cugat "You still carrying that calf injury? Lulz Arsenal medical stuff is **** bruv. Come to City and Pep and I will pump you full of steroids like old times."

Reactions: A_G

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Playing 2 CM's isn't really a major issue against the smaller sides. However when you're up against better quality players and managers then in this day and age you really do need 3 in there otherwise you get overrun 9 times out of 10.

Although Özil covers a lot of ground he isn't combative enough which does cause problems when we do not have possession. Trouble is you can't drop the guy because he brings the most quality when we have the ball. Plus we don't have the quality in CM to create connections between CM and attack without him.

We just need to change to a 4-3-3 or variations of that against the big boys away from home. It's clear as day that 2 CMs don't cut it, especially the ones we have against top opposition. We've never, ever had midfield control against any top calibre opposition away from home in the era of our 4-2-3-1.

RUS arsenal

Established Member
Honestly our passing was so good at times in the 1st half that I don't quite understand what happened to the team in the 2nd. Don't tell me it was City's pressing because we played some sweet one touch passing in tight spaces in the 1st half but in the 2nd half we couldn't even make the most basic simple passes or plays.

Another poor trend I saw toward the end of the 1st half was us surrendering decent positions up the pitch to move the ball back to the goalkeeper for a long kick. What the hell is the point of that? To give the ball away? So frustrating....

carlito'sway

Established Member
dont need to dude, ppl here have claimed that others think they are better than wenger cause of football manager. I am now on this forum at 6.30 in the morning after falling asleep at 1 am. Its official this loss actually gave me sleepless and restless night, however i am sure our manager probably slept better despite our loss, seeing as he has a job for life so does he give a toss. Other managers are out there screaming at their players when they **** up and screaming support when they do well. Not a coincidence that cante and klopps teams are hardworking and driven. Henderson is a better cm than elneny or le coq, lallana is better than Özil. talent is not enough to make one better, application of said talent does. We arsenal fans we sit here and tear into each other after bullshit like this happens, while the culprit stands watching the game while in his latest long jacket like a spectator, his players look clueless and he always subs at the same 70 minute mark. He is a fool and people who support wenger are fools. Mourinho will bounce back cause he has balls and ability something our manager lacks. I have only been a member on this forum for about 2 months now, i used to just read and chuckle as to all the aggro that was on this forum, i get it now. I am soooooo mad that we arsenal fans swallow **** all the time, we eat and eat and eat. i would rather this team wins the league sometimes and is out of the top 4 the other times, i dont give one toss about being in the top 4 for the past 12 years only the coporate money men care about that. I have seen Sp**s develop over the past 10 years, get stronger despite losing world beaters like modric or bale. They will eclipse us soon, all they seem to lack now are wingers, they dont seem to have any. God knows the heights a team like southampton would reach if they had arsenals money, I am done with excuse for wenger. He is crap manager and Özil is not that good, that is why we managed to get him for that price from madrid. I get it now, that fraud ran away here, he knew he would have an easier time and wenger is letting him have an easier time. Di maria was a bigger loss to madrid than mr only good as a number 10 when not being pressed Özil

Dude, a quick note of advice, you may need to stop taking a football game too seriously. At the end of the day, it is just a game, played by the way, by a bunch of millionaire guys. Personally, I would be very concerned if I had sleepless nights because of football matches. There are other things and issues much more important in life than that. Some perspective may be needed.

fabo

6.51 / 10
From what I can see, Silva is clearly not interfering with play. Fault lies with Nacho, Koscielny and cech.

SeppWurzl

You've Been Wurzl'd
Dude, a quick note of advice, you may need to stop taking a football game too seriously. At the end of the day, it is just a game, played by the way, by a bunch of millionaire guys. Personally, I would be very concerned if I had sleepless nights because of football matches. There are other things and issues much more important in life than that. Some perspective may be needed.

This is one of the best posts i have read on here ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom