• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Liverpool vs. Arsenal- 13/1/16- KO: 8.00pm- BT Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Liverpool-Vs-Arsenal.jpeg

Preview
Big game, a game which could give us a huge idea as to where our title charge is going. Traditionally we've done well at Anfield under Arsène, taking into consideration Liverpool's injury worries, this is a game we should really be looking to win. Our last game against them was a goalless draw at home, on the day we were missing our first choice CB pairing and Cech was in inspired form.
Few question marks heading into this game, will Alexis be fit? Will Elneny's transfer have been confirmed? If so, does he make the bench? Or will he be thrust into first team action, fitness shouldn't be an issue.

Team News
-Danny Welbeck- Out (knee)
-Jack Wilshere- Out (fibula)
-Tomas Rosicky- Out (knee)
-Santi Cazorla- Out (knee)
-Francis Coquelin- Out (knee)
-David Ospina- Doubtful (groin)
-Alexis Sanchez- Doubtful (hamstring)

Possible Lineup
Cech
Bellerin Mert Kos Monreal
Flamini Ramsey
Campbell Özil Walcott
Giroud
Subs: Macey, Gibbs, Gabriel, Chambers, Arteta, Chamberlain, Iwobi.

Prediction
0-2 to the good guys. Liverpool are without several key players, of their fit players their current bunch are out of form or short of match fitness. I fancy Giroud and Ramsey both to score, Benteke may threaten for Liverpool but we've got enough to nullify him. COYG!!!!

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Agree with the OP's line up.

I'll go 2-o to Arsenal. Giroud and Ramsey scoring the goals. Both assisted by Özil obviously.

Wenger beating Klopp is definitely needed.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
I have a terrible feeling about this. Think we will concede a few. 3-2 loss. Hope I am wrong!
Be honest. How often do Pool score more than once? They don't have that many goals in them

Last edited:

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Not with a likely attack of Lallana, Allen and Milner supporting Firmino, or even if Benteke starts I wouldn't be worried simply because he does nothing 90% of the time and Liverpool don't try to play to his strengths anyways. The best they can hope for in this is a 0-0 or a 1-1. But hopefully we'll have too much for them, which we really should. Walcott, Giroud, Ramsey, Özil and probably Campbell all starting will be far too much for their injury hit defence.

Sweggeh

Be honest. How often do Pool score more than once? They don't have that many goals in them
Well I think this is the perfect recipe for an embarrassing defeat for us. We aren't in particularly good form, our last 3 games have been wins but the quality of our play has really been declining recently. We beat Bournemouth, Newcastle and Sunderland but they all had their chances and none of the performances were convincing.

This Ramsey-Flamini midfield is absolutely dire when being pressed by a physical midfield, which the Southampton game and to some extent the Newcastle game showed. And Liverpool essentially wrecked City 4-1, Chelsea 3-1 and Southampton 6-1 using this high pressing tactic.

The fact Liverpool are missing a lot of players isn't as important as a lot of people think. Its their system that is the issue, not the quality of their players. Remember, Southampton were missing players too but their tactics still helped them batter us.

I don't know, hopefully I am proven wrong. But I am not optimistic over the next two games.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
Southampton was a once off. We just happened to be the victims of them actually showing up. What have they done since? **** all.

Liverpool will give us little concerns.

Thomas94

Southampton was a once off. We just happened to be the victims of them actually showing up. What have they done since? **** all.

Don't agree with you there. We ****ed up massively, them not doing anything since just shows how bad (and unlucky) we were.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
Liverpool's injuries:

D Lovren
- Hamstring Injury - no return date
P Coutinho - Hamstring Injury - no return date
M Sakho - Knee Injury - no return date
J Henderson - Ankle/Foot Injury - no return date
D Origi - Hamstring Injury - 23rd Jan
D Sturridge - Hamstring Injury - 17th Jan
rolleyes.gif

D Ings - ACL Knee Injury - June
J Flanagan - Knee Injury - 17th Jan
M Skrtel - Hamstring Injury - 6th Feb
J Gomez - ACL Knee Injury - June
J Rossiter - Hamstring Injury - no return date

Toure might also have done his hamstring

We absolutely have to beat them at Anfield, their 3 first choice CBs all out, their best CM out, their best CF out, their best CAM out.

I'd guess they'll play:

..............Mignolet
Clyne Toure? Lucas Moreno
.............Allen.......Milner
Lalanna......Firmino......Ibe
.................Benteke

And there are rumours Benteke isn't as quick as his achilles is bothering him.

EDIT Cann is available

Sweggeh

Ibe is out, hamstring injury for him too.

But like I said, most of this doesn't really matter. Its the Liverpool system and Klopps tactics that make them dangerous. Whether they have their best players fit or not is kind of irrelevant since quality wise they are always going to be a level below us.

I would say their biggest miss by far is Skrtel. That **** always scores at least one header from a corner against us at Anfield. So its good he isn't there. Benteke will still be dangerous in that regard though.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Completely agree with Sweggeh, think Liverpool will win this one.

Also Flamini shouldn't be allowed to step onto the pitch, his performance there last season was a disgrace.

Godwin1

Very well-known
I think it's going to be harder than people think as well, not sure Liverpool can keep it up for the 90 though, going for a 1-0 win to us.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
Ibe is out, hamstring injury for him too.

But like I said, most of this doesn't really matter. Its the Liverpool system and Klopps tactics that make them dangerous. Whether they have their best players fit or not is kind of irrelevant since quality wise they are always going to be a level below us.

I would say their biggest miss by far is Skrtel. That **** always scores at least one header from a corner against us at Anfield. So its good he isn't there. Benteke will still be dangerous in that regard though.

Klopp's tactics with mid table players with no defenders isn't anything to worry about. They'll all be tired at 70 minutes after their sprinting press ruins them early, genius tactic that one.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Klopp's tactics with mid table players with no defenders isn't anything to worry about. They'll all be tired at 70 minutes after their sprinting press ruins them early, genius tactic that one.

But it has more to do with us being **** against those tactics than Klopp's genius. Our midfield is a disaster, and the slow Giroud up front won't help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom