• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Liverpool vs. Arsenal- 13/1/16- KO: 8.00pm- BT Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aevi

Hale End FC
We are winning this, Klopp's tactics are so obvious that I am sure Wenger will take the proper steps to bring us the W. Pressing doesn't outright counter us like some of you seem to think.

With their injuries, a loss would be a travesty. Away or not.

Gooner n Proud

a.k.a. nasri_8 and Voice of Flamini
Cech
Bellerin Koscielny Gabriel Monreal
Arteta Chambers
Ramsey Özil Campbell
Walcott

Bench: Ospina Debuchy (if not sold?), Mertersacker, Flamini, Owobi, Chamberlain, Giroud

Rest Giroud for this one as he's played a lot recently and because we'll probably play more on the counter away at Anfield which doesnt suit Olivier like it would Theo.

Sweggeh

We'll need to let them have the ball and keep shape. Walcott needs to start at CF IMO. I'd go with an Ox-Theo-Campbell front 3. Midfield is problematic, I agree. Chambers-Ramsey the best we could do IMO.
I'd agree with this. Start with Theo and sit deep and go for the counter. Then if we need him, bring on Giroud in the last 30 minutes and give their tired CB's another problem.

I would prefer to start Flamini over Chambers. Flamini has more know how, more experience and I trust him more in big games. You never know, our tactic of having to sit deep might suit him and make up for his lack of speed.

The Ramsey and Flamini midfield only becomes problematic if we are trying to hold possession and dictate play. But if we are going to give them the ball and play on the counter, I think Rambo and Özil are more than enough to get some quick moves started and hopefully set the likes of Theo, Campbell and Ox free.

LordBump

I think Arteta will start, Flamini on after 60.

Cech
Bellerin, mert, kos, Monreal
Arteta, ramsey
Campbell, Özil, Ox
Theo

Debuchy, Gabriel, Gibbs, chambers,Flamini, iwobi, giroud, Adelaide

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
A win at Anfield and the marker is well & truly laid down! Furthermore, a win sets us up in good spirits to march on Mordor.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Too much optimism here. Although Liverpool are in bare bones, they will play a high pressing game and will shut off Mesut by sticking one of Lucas, Can or Allen right next to him.

Would love to have Theo through the middle as their pressing will leave spaces to exploit, but with their key CBs all missing, Giroud will find more space to link up with others.

I am hoping for a win, but I think this has a 1-1 draw written all over it.

DanishDoc

I think Arteta will start, Flamini on after 60.

Cech
Bellerin, mert, kos, Monreal
Arteta, ramsey
Campbell, Özil, Ox
Theo

Debuchy, Gabriel, Gibbs, chambers,Flamini, iwobi, giroud, Adelaide

That's an accident waiting to happen.. I mean look at that midfield, we're not at home - don't forget that.. I know Liverpool aren't that good especially with their current injuri situation, but it's still on Anfield.. We have enough offensive weapons to hurt them so please no Arteta, please.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
All four of Liverpool's starting CBs--Skrtel, Lovren, Sakho and Toure--are out injured and couldn't play against Exeter. Henderson, Coutinho, Ibe, Sturridge, Origi are also out injured. They don't have much player depth, and this injury crisis involves every part of the team, so it is hard to adjust tactics accordingly.

If your attackers are out injured you might play a bit more defensive. If a defender or two are out injured you might try to keep possession more and not throw too many defenders into the attack.

Liverpool's injury crisis kind of means they can't do either of these against us. They'll probably try to man mark Özil with Lucas, but we'll probably approach this match by being organized defensively and trying to catch them on the counter attack, but I doubt Liverpool's midfield of Lucas, Allen, Can, Lallana, and Firmino with Benteke in attack will be able to retain possession against for too long before turning it over.

If we score first then this match will get wide open and I wouldn't be surprised if we put at least 3 past them.

Lineup
Cech
Bellerin, Merts, Kos, Monreal
Flamini, Ramsey
Campbell, Özil, Ox,
Theo

Bench: Ospina, Gabriel, Gibbs, Chambers, Arteta, Giroud, Iwobi

Giroud is starting to look tired and he has started every match during Christmas, so I'd give him a breather. If we haven't taken the lead by the 60th minute I'd bring him on. Theo's looking sharp and his movement will create space for Campbell to score, and hopefully for Ox to do so as well. The kid really needs a goal.

In midfield we know Flamini and Ramsey will cover a lot of space. Flamini is usually up for the big matches. If Ramsey can make a tackle that launches a counterattack that could turn the match.

I expect us to be solid defensively and wait for our chances to pick them off on the counter.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Too much optimism here...
Liverpool is fielding their reserves, some are young players, meaning they will be hungry to impress Klopp and their pressing style is very suited for young players.
We have to shock them early, make them lose confidence
1-0 to the Arsenal

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

It's going to be tough , they play a high pressing game if you don't keep shape when you lose the ball you get punished . I think we will be allright though . Got a feeling Arsène has had a conversation with a couple of players .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom