• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Liverpool vs. Arsenal- 13/1/16- KO: 8.00pm- BT Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Arteta won't play folks..............he's had 20 mins in an FA Cup game plus an U21 game. He'll be on the bench though. Flamini starts for sure.

Cech
Bellerin - Per - Koz - Nacho
Flamini - Ramsey
Campbell - Özil - Theo
Giroud

Liverpool are vulnerable at set pieces & we don't play our most deadly aerial presence?? Giroud starts & scores. You not only need pace against the press but also someone who can hold the ball up as an out ball when under pressure- anyone watch the Stoke vs Liverpool game see what a non-entity Bojan was in the 1st half & how Stoke came into the game once Walters came on. You need the options of both pace & hold up play.

nmn

I don't think we're playing great despite our position, and our away form has been diabolical recently. I've barely watched Liverpool under Klopp, it's worrying that they've played brilliantly in the big games but their home form has been poor which is a trend for Klopp teams. I think Klopp's high press and counter style is more suited to away fixtures. They've won 2/5 home league games under Klopp (1-0 wins vs Leic and Swansea), the Soton, City and Chelsea wins were away. I can't speak much for the way Liverpool are playing because I haven't been watching, but this home form along with all the injuries would make a loss here a big failure imo, even though we haven't been playing great either especially away. Really it's the type of game league leaders should be winning, but I won't cry over a draw which is probably the most likely result.
How is a draw the most likely result? I would be very dissapointed if we don't get the 3 points. This is a totally different Liverpool side from a couple of weeks ago. Coutinho, Ibe, Sturridge (of course), Henderson, Skrtel, Lovren and Sakho all out. They'll basically only have Kolo to protect their keeper and i wouldn't bet on him succeeding in that.

nmn

I'm in favour of benching Giroud for this one and pushing Theo upfront.
This is a perfect game for Giroud. Only Kolo to battle with. I wouldn't have Ox on the wing right now ahead of Theo and Campbell. Giroud, Walcott, Campbell, Özil, Ramsey and Flamini (if fit) is the obvious lineup Wenger will play.

DanishDoc

Cech
Bellerin - Merte - Kos - Monreal
Flamini (sorry) - Ramsey
Walcott - Özil - Campbell
Giroud

Simply don't wanna see Arteta nowhere near the pitch.. Maybe Walcott at CF and then Oxlade for Giroud but it's a tough decision and depends on what kind of game this will be..
A game with 50/50 % possession I would rather have Giroud atm, but if Liverpool puts us under pressure Walcott is such gift to have up front.

Liverpool should have our respect but currently we should win this.. Can't even imagine what defence they'll put out there, so let's do this, it's such a great chance!

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
How is a draw the most likely result? I would be very dissapointed if we don't get the 3 points. This is a totally different Liverpool side from a couple of weeks ago. Coutinho, Ibe, Sturridge (of course), Henderson, Skrtel, Lovren and Sakho all out. They'll basically only have Kolo to protect their keeper and i wouldn't bet on him succeeding in that.
Injuries give us an advantage but our away form is still awful. 1 win in the last 4 league games which was against Villa. We failed against Brom, Soton and Norwich - 3 average teams. If we win it'll be a narrow one.
Might not be the worst idea seeing we'll probably be countering a lot and it means we don't have Theo fumbling around out on the left. Problem is the Ox has been flaky of course, I wouldn't be against Ox-Theo-Joel but the safe option which we will probably go for is Giroud up top again.

Gooner n Proud

a.k.a. nasri_8 and Voice of Flamini
Coutinho has played in AMC and LW role this season - no way in hell that selfish fraud gets in the team over Alexis and Özil.

No way would I take any of their DMS over Coquelin.

The closest a Liverpool player comes to getting into the combined 11 and even then I am not certain is Lallana (who is criminally underrated and in my opinion their most talented player) on the RW which no one has nailed down for us despite Campbell's decent form of late.

Ramsey is better than Lallana at every single attribute, same as Wilshere.

Highbury Rock City

Oh man, I'd rather starts Ramsey with Arteta or maby even Chambers over Flamini.

edit: When I think about, it dosen't really matter, RamFlam can do it:lol:

Gooner n Proud

a.k.a. nasri_8 and Voice of Flamini
Im also of the opinion that a Chambers-Arteta partnership from the options we currently have availaable to us is the way forward and most likely to mirror the Coquelin-Cazorla duo one is a tenacious-battling player and the other is a controlled composed deeplying midfielder. I also believe these two would cope better than Flamini-Ramsey to counter Liverpools Pressing . Play Ramsey out wide and Walcott through the middle.

Gegen Pressing

When we have enough midfielders to carry the ball out definitely,
Question is are we going to resort to long balls just because they will press ramsey and flamini so hard?

silent_shadow

Established Member
Seems like I'm in the minority but I'm feeling good about this one. Liverpool's situation is a lot worse than ours, we have a good record record at Anfield, and the players will be up for this.

Thomas94

Here at AM we always feel hard done by the timing we play our opponents. Chelsea for instance is slowly getting back into form just as we play them. But now, we have no excuses at all, there is no better time to play Liverpool than this Wednesday. If we fail to win, we will only have ourselves to blame.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Ramsey is better than Lallana at every single attribute, same as Wilshere.

I completely forgot about Wilshere whilst writing and I would without question take Wilshere over him. I disagree with Ramsey comment though, Lallana offers more on the wing than just cover for the full back to overlap.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

If you look at that team it speaks of bang average. They look like a glorified villa team from 3 years ago!

General

Established Member
How many goals has Giroud actually scored from set pieces in the league this season? If there are aerial balls to be exploited we have enough players for that. Kos, Mert and Gabby are all good in the air. I think this whole notion about playing Giroud because of his aerial prowess is a bit false as we spend the majority of the game trying to play to feet and watching Giroud fluff his lines. Don't get me wrong I see a lot of positives in him and his work rate is underrated but we lack killer instinct and loose too much dynamism in these kind of games when he's leading the line. Add to our current unassertive midfield and we just never spark to life similar to yesterday against Sunderland. I don't think Wenger will drop him but I think Theo's movement if played up top will be more unsettling for Liverpool.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

It's Liverpool we're playing, not Pep's Barcelona. Sure it may be tough but they simply don't have the quality to win this. Their "pressing" doesn't concern be in the slightest, especially the way we've adapted to playing away from home in recent times. Plus we have Özil in his current form, Giroud, Ramsey, Walcott and Campbell would all have to have a seriously awful day simultaneously not to take the chances we'll almost certainly create against a shocking Liverpool defence.

At worst this will be a tough stalemate, there's no way in hell we're going to lose this though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom