• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL | Middlesbrough vs Arsenal | 17th April at 20:00 (GMT)

What will the result of the match be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Didn't watch the game, heard we played three at the back. Did it work?

If anyone could spare some time to give a summary of the game it would be much appreciated.:)

mm76

Yer Da

If anyone could spare some time to give a summary of the game it would be much appreciated.:)

There's something called 'the Arsenal website' which is really good at that... :rolleyes::p

zhaggy

Well, it worked in the sense that we won the game.
But the the flaws are there to be seen no matter the formation or change in personnel.
It goes much deeper then just the defenders defending, the team must learn how to defend as a unit.

mm76

Yer Da
The Arsenal website are never going to provide the controversial, unfiltered opinons of the best forum in the world though are they?:cool:

True :) although tbf they're pretty honest about the quality of play (or lack of) - the audio commentary is great if you can't be near a screen to watch the game - no anti-Arsenal BS, but very honest about what's going on

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
If Boro could finish, yesterday's result should have been 3-2. There were 2 missed chances that baffled by not landing in the net.
Really? What about the Ox's chance in the second half? What about Özil and Ramsey's chances?

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Really? What about the Ox's chance in the second half? What about Özil and Ramsey's chances?
That's not how it works on here. Our missed chances (and there were a few last night) are because we're sh*t at attacking. Their missed chances are because we're sh*t at defending.

You'll get the hang, took me a while too.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

worked very well at 1st half we look very solid defensively at 2nd half individual mistakes led to Boro score the goal and nearly got the 2nd goal but as new system it worked well. better players then Gabriel and Monreal needed if we want to make it perfect.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity

We won so it clearly didn't work. The game was ****. That's all you need, Curtis.

mm76

Yer Da
That's not how it works on here. Our missed chances (and there were a few last night) are because we're sh*t at attacking. Their missed chances are because we're sh*t at defending.

You'll get the hang, took me a while too.

:lol:

Almost...

The point is we should have more chances against, and giving less to, a team that are second bottom when we ought to be a team fit for a title challenge - or at least not one in relegation form like we have been

That's why we need to be judged by higher standards - but there is some truth in what you say though

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
:lol:

Almost...

The point is we should have more chances against, and giving less to, a team that are second bottom when we ought to be a team fit for a title challenge - or at least not one in relegation form like we have been

That's why we need to be judged by higher standards - but there is some truth in what you say though
The numbers do count. You're right again . . . on a roll mate.

We might factor in though that they're fighting for survival at the end of a season, can often be a tough match.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
What did everyone make of the team at the end? The celebration was a bit ott and the goal celebration from Monreal was a bit much,I'm just not use to seeing passion from this team, so it was strange to watch.

but I'm glad the players came over to the fans, especially the big two. That was instructed, imo. About time, too. The away fans are taken for granted too much. Turning on the team was probably the best thing they could have done last week.

kopzilla

Always Negative
Last season we got the most clean sheets and the second least goals against. Can you do that in this league if you're poor defensively?

Its good the hear..I didn't know that but last season almost all top teams except for Leicester were doing poorly.

Without going by stats and just by watching Arsenal matches over the years, I have noticed that our very open end to end type of play has given oppositions many chances to score. Probably it may translate into more shots on our goal if we look at it statistically.

We would need to tighten up at the back or have a more Kante like player in midfield to win games. Outscoring the opposition doesn't work everytime.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

What did everyone make of the team at the end?
Think we are out of sync right now. It's like the smallest set-back in a game can really cause us serious issues. When Boro scored their equalizer we went to pieces for a while and it became a back and forth that could easily have meant they could have scored the next goal. Even after Özil's goal we continued to play way to open instead of slowing things down and controlling the game we kept on playing like we were chasing the game.

Regarding the formation change I have nothing against it per se, but given Wenger's stubbornness so far it reeks of desperation. I know this is a no win situation for Wenger, but things have regressed so far that I think he cannot win around most fans and pundits any more. Our faults and frailties are so well known and have been around for so long that for things to really change we need more than just adjustments. We would need wholesale changes and some real success in the form of winning the PL or CL. Don't even think nicking the FA cup this year will change much.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Without going by stats
Think this obsession with stats is over the top. We all watch the same games. Think we can all agree that we are unreliable on defence especially in games that matter and against good teams. The way we fell apart against Bayern or how we had this spell of 15-20 min. yesterday where we really were lucky not to be punished says it all for me. I don't need stats to tell me that we need to improve.

Yes, stats have their role to play, but most important is to actually watch the game and draw conclusions on the flow and reaction in different situations. Some type of sports lend themselves better to using stats e.g. baseball than football. A lot of the stats depend on how the game develops.

Crazycarrots

If that's the best defensive effort we can muster then slap head Bould should f@ck off before Wenger. I'm really failing to see what impact he is having on the team. Unless of course, Wenger isn't listening to him in which case, what is the purpose of Boulds role?

mm76

Yer Da
The numbers do count. You're right again . . . on a roll mate.

We might factor in though that they're fighting for survival at the end of a season, can often be a tough match.

yes, and in turn good point, it's actually why i've never forecast easy wins against Boro, Palace etc, so fair enough an' all that :)

happyhappy

What did everyone make of the team at the end? The celebration was a bit ott and the goal celebration from Monreal was a bit much,I'm just not use to seeing passion from this team, so it was strange to watch.

I can't see any team spirit in this lot, doesn't seem like they are playing for each other. You can actually see the togetherness in teams like the Invincibles, current Liverpool team and even Brighton, but this team just lack the soul and the team spirit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom